Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

They shouldn't built so many new parks, they are also thinking about a new park in Malaysia. Disney should spend the money on fixing the existing parks. In my opinion, there shouldn't be too much resorts, because disney is something special and I don't want the parks to be spread around like any other themeparks. This is just my opinion. How do you think about so many new parks in Asia. I know that Asia is big market, but there are already two resorts, one in China and one in Japan. It would be better to add new attractions to Hongkong Disneyland.

I also think that Australia is not a good place for a new resort, because Australia has only 21 000 000 inhabitants. DLRP has problems to fill the parks, and in Europe live approximately 600 mio. And I'm not sure if people from Asian countries will come to Australia for a Disney park, they can also go to Japan or Hong Kong. That's also a reason why they should fix HKDL and add new attractions.

Maybe in 10 to 20 years a third park in Asia would be a good idea.

• Minion

ORGOCH: 'sides that, if'n they went 'n built up a Dizzy theme park in Aussieland, poor ol' Loomis wouldn't have no more reason ta git away from home!!

ORWEN: Also, they're having such a drought in Australia, there wouldn't be enough water to use for a Rivers of America, a Splash Mountain or a Jungle River Cruise!!

ORDDU: They'd have to have a Disney theme park with little more than a desert theme, wouldn't they, dear? The city of Agrabah comes to mind first!

• On A Disney World Tour...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    They shouldn't built so many new parks, they are also thinking about a new park in Malaysia. Disney should spend the money on fixing the existing parks. In my opinion, there shouldn't be too much resorts, because disney is something special and I don't want the parks to be spread around like any other themeparks. This is just my opinion. How do you think about so many new parks in Asia. I know that Asia is big market, but there are already two resorts, one in China and one in Japan. It would be better to add new attractions to Hongkong Disneyland.

Maybe in 10 to 20 years a third park in Asia would be a good idea.
    I don't know, I just see an opportunity to see NEW Disney theme park, because I don't see how they could do another lame diminished copycat of Disneyland in China. So I expect a great Magic Kingdom, as good as what EuroDisneyLand was when built and then other exclusive theme parks... It seems that Disney droped the cheap parks strategy to bring back Walt's good old "Wow !", if so... then i'm all for new parks...
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Has Disney ever considered Australia as a new theme park location? It probably would have been a better location than Hong Kong. Certainly a lot of land down under to make a big theme park.
    I designed an entire park once, SYDNEY DISNEYLAND.

• Sock Puppet

what does it look like?

If disney really wanted to outdo themselves they should build a DL on Antartica which will be fully enclosed in a enormous glass round top. Maybe it will look like a snowglobe from the outside. That sounfs pretty cool actually.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    what does it look like?

If disney really wanted to outdo themselves they should build a DL on Antartica which will be fully enclosed in a enormous glass round top. Maybe it will look like a snowglobe from the outside. That sounfs pretty cool actually.

But who would go there besides the most extreme of Disney fans?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    what does it look like?

Actually it's pretty cool. You have Main Street USA and Hollywoodland off to one side of Town Square. Fantasyland is in the usual place, Adventureland and Frontierland are similar to DL Paris in some respects but on the other side of the park, I designed European Showcase instead of Tomorrowland or Discoveryland which would be comined with FUTURE WORLD for an eventual second gate dedicated exclusively to the world of the future. European Showcase at Sydney Disneyland would have had 12 European pavilions surrounding a Swiss "island" with a Swiss village and a Matterhorn as the central icon of the land.

I designed it as a way of combining the best of all the Disney parks into two seperate gates, although I never finished the designs for the 2nd gate.

However the map I designed featured every backstage road, storage building, show building, restrooms, etc. etc. It was really more of a blueprint than a drawing, although my little brother colored in the shops green, the restaurants blue and the attractions red.

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, wonderful! Now if you wouldn't mind designing a new and improved Disneyland for us here in Morva, California Adventurer, duckling. We need something better to do with our time. We only ask that you create a dark ride for The Black Cauldron, if you please...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

How about a Black Cauldron segment in the Castle Dungeon Mystery Tour which would have been a ride through experience below Beast's Castle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234