Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1

    • Watch Your Language
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Planet D23
    Posts
    1,884

    Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    It was reported by some local hong kong newspaper citing reference to news sources from Mainland China that the Shanghai Disneyland is being put back on the Agenda and Central Government is seriously considering the Project.
    The Tentative opening date has been pushed back to 2012, it would take Five years to build. The size is about 4.7 times that of current size of Hong Kong Disneyland.

    and Hong Kong Ocean Park has been invited by City of Shanghai and Dubai to setup Ocean park in both cities.

  2. #2

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,159
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    The Tentative opening date has been pushed back to 2012, it would take Five years to build. The size is about 4.7 times that of current size of Hong Kong Disneyland..
    2012 - 5 = 2007. They better get started soon.

  3. #3

    • Watch Your Language
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Planet D23
    Posts
    1,884

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    2012 - 5 = 2007. They better get started soon.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    In my opinion, building another Disney park in a new location is a bad idea. Not only would a Disneyland in Shanghai jeopardize the success of Hong Kong Disneyland (Tokyo Disney Resort not so much as about 96% of visitors are Japanese), but it would draw resources and finance away from the parks that are in need of expansion and help.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  5. #5

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,398

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    In my opinion, building another Disney park in a new location is a bad idea. Not only would a Disneyland in Shanghai jeopardize the success of Hong Kong Disneyland (Tokyo Disney Resort not so much as about 96% of visitors are Japanese), but it would draw resources and finance away from the parks that are in need of expansion and help.

    I agree. I went to Shanghai last year and though there's plenty of room in the outskirts, I don't know why they couldn't just stick to one "china" park.

    There's also a lot of room in the outskirts of Beijing... including an attempted Disney knock-off that was never completed.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  6. #6

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    There are so many people in China, that Shanghai Disneyland will probably only have a small effect on Hong Kong Disneyland.

    I heard this week that in China there are more basketball participants than all the men, women and children in the United States.

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,398

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    There are so many people in China, that Shanghai Disneyland will probably only have a small effect on Hong Kong Disneyland.

    I heard this week that in China there are more basketball participants than all the men, women and children in the United States.


    You know what that could be true. And I also seem to recall that despite how fast Shanghai is growing as a city, the majority of the population in China do not have the means to travel... even to Hong Kong.

    Shanghai Disneyland might even be more successful than Hong Kong Disneyland for that reason alone.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  8. #8

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,159
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Shanghai Disneyland might even be more successful than Hong Kong Disneyland for that reason alone.
    Or maybe even all-paid vacations from the government...

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    640

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    You know what that could be true. And I also seem to recall that despite how fast Shanghai is growing as a city, the majority of the population in China do not have the means to travel... even to Hong Kong.

    Shanghai Disneyland might even be more successful than Hong Kong Disneyland for that reason alone.
    That's if they can all afford the entry fee. If they can't afford to travel, then what makes you think they can afford the entry fee and all the other Disney charges?

  10. #10

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    I'd say there are more people with access to a train to Shanghai Disneyland than people with access to a train or airplane and a visa to visit the SAR of Hong Kong and HKDL.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    640

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'd say there are more people with access to a train to Shanghai Disneyland than people with access to a train or airplane and a visa to visit the SAR of Hong Kong and HKDL.
    If you have the money then the above is not a big issue. There are just as many people in Guangdong then there are in and around Shanghai.

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    They definitely shouldn't build anything else in that region until HKDL has realized its potential.

    That being said Shanghai would have been a better place to build a park in China to start with. Much larger local population base, plus all that money wouldn't have to go towards creating new land for the sea (though I love HKDL's setting, I think it's a waste of money).

  13. #13

    •   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    14,599
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    I think they should build Mini-Disneylands on every corner like Star bucks.

    Quality over Quanity... Keep the money to invest and upkrrp what they have currently.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

    YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

  14. #14

    • HKDL fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    KL, MALAYSIA
    Posts
    182

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    IT would be a good idea to expand deeper into China's market as it is very big. However they need and should finish whatever struggling its Hong Kong park is facing. Disney should not go venturing into another park in China before finishing its Hong Kong park's expansion and making it a successful one.
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site


    ~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

    Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

    akaytrinity.com

  15. #15

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Shanghai Disneyland in 2012

    Three words: Not Gonna Happen.

    (and that's a good thing ... now a DRE mini-park could, but that's a different animal)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Rumor] 2012 : Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary ?
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 12:45 AM
  2. [Rumor] 2012 New Water Attraction for Disneyland Paris !
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 11:31 PM
  3. Shanghai Disneyland? Purely speculation and rumors said Shanghai Tourism official
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 05:59 PM
  4. Shanghai Disneyland
    By Speedway in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:12 PM
  5. Disney to Open Shanghai Theme Park in 2012 - Bloomberg, 8/1/05
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 06:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •