Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: I've fallen in love with Hong Kong Disneyland

Hmm well it be cool if someone could photograph or copy down the menu's for future reference on there next visit to that park. And maybe it could be permantly archived on that wonderful website http://www.hkdlsource.com depending on if Loomis and the guys allow it. If no one can be bothered to do it, than I may personally spend a couple of hours myself gathering the info when I visit in May!

As HKDL only has a hand full of resturants anyway it shouldn't take too long to gather this information up and it will greatly benefit future guest who maybe planning to visit.

• Banned User

By the way correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the Plaza Inn on Main Street also serves some western meals.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Hmm well it be cool if someone could photograph or copy down the menu's for future reference on there next visit to that park. And maybe it could be permantly archived on that wonderful website http://www.hkdlsource.com depending on if Loomis and the guys allow it. If no one can be bothered to do it, than I may personally spend a couple of hours myself gathering the info when I visit in May!

As HKDL only has a hand full of resturants anyway it shouldn't take too long to gather this information up and it will greatly benefit future guest who maybe planning to visit.
    If someone is wanting to go to the trouble, I'd be happy to help archive it permanently at HKDLSource. At the very least, I can do it when I pop over next year, when Malin and I will miss each other by moments.

I was actually more impressed with some of HKDL's offerings that with Anaheim, to be honest. It didn't take me very long to find some vegetarian eats, which is quite important to me, although when I was last in the US I wasn't really looking for lunch during the day. (US breakfasts were enough to keep us satisfied until dinner!) The food is the one point where you realise you are NOT in a US park. With Main Street virtually identical to the Anaheim counterpart, it is when you pop into the Plaza Inn or the Main Street Corner Café that you really notice the difference in the eatin'. It's one of those hidden differences that people don't mention very often.

I just posted this in one of our galleries, by the way:

Anyways, nice to see such a positive thread about HKDL, especially given that it - like Loomis - is all too easy to poke fun at.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORDDU: Now, Loomis, duckling, nobody here would ever poke fun at you! Some of us are even in LOVE with you--along with a certain theme park. Would we want to make fun of anyone or anything we were truly in love with? Not at all! You're always welcome to take that ride on our broomis because there's always roomis for yoomis!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Hmm well it be cool if someone could photograph or copy down the menu's for future reference on there next visit to that park.
    Well, if you didn't spend so much time at DeepDisney, you would have seen the many food/restaurant/menu photos I have included in my HKDL pictorials over time.
    And yes, the Corner Cafe on Main Street also offer some non-chinese fair like spaghetti/meat sauce, but not sure if that has changed.

Trust me, you won't go hungry. All of the western stuff served at Starliner Diner matches any other burger joint at any other Disney park. And even some of the asian selections they have in most restaurants are edible by western standards. I personally like some of the curry dishes at the Royal Banquet Hall, and the fried rice at the Cosmic Cafe in Tomorrowland.

• Mickey is not my Brother

So what rides are coming to HKDL

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    So what rides are coming to HKDL
    Only it's a small world as of now.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Only it's a small world as of now.
    nothing else is planned?

• Watch Your Language

nothing else is planned?
    I expect them to announce their new plan after IASW debut in early 2008.

• Banned User

nothing else is planned?
    There are plans.. but everything is in the fridge due to the low crowd numbers and financial concerns..

• Watch Your Language

At least there will be some new Washrooms for 2008.

• Minion

ORDDU: New washrooms, you say? But of course!! There has to be a place like that for all those meetings and greetings that take place at the park.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well, if you didn't spend so much time at DeepDisney, you would have seen the many food/restaurant/menu photos I have included in my HKDL pictorials over time.
    I'm starting to think you work for the site with all the plugs your giving the Deep Disney site on here lately. Surely if you hated people viewing the pics instead of yours the last thing you would want to be doing is spreading the word out.

As for the many food/resturant/menu photos you've posted in the past, yes I viewed them but that was many months a go and as you don't archive the pics for too long its very hard for anyone checking them out today to see them. But if you do still have them, than please share.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    If someone is wanting to go to the trouble, I'd be happy to help archive it permanently at HKDLSource. At the very least, I can do it when I pop over next year, when Malin and I will miss each other by moments.
    Sounds good we can sort something out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123