Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs up I've fallen in love with Hong Kong Disneyland

On a recent tour of the resort, I fell in love with it! I never fully realized how beautiful the location of the resort is. And after examining Hong Kong Disneyland Resort at a closer scope, I realized how pretty of a resort it is.

The location of the resort sets it apart from the rest. Disneyland in CA is plopped right in the middle of a bustling city. Disney World is an expansive resort on swamp land. Disney Paris is sort of out in the middle of nowhere. Tokyo is sort of like Anaheim; just minutes from a bustling city. But there is something about the Hong Kong resort that makes it seem worlds away. The park's natural surroundings and incredible lush and amazing landscape had a lot to do with it. It didn't have that crammed felling of Disneyland, overwhelming spectacle of Disneyland Paris, or widened out Tokyo Disneyland feel. It all seemed to be in the right scale.

On a separate note, the landscaping is some of the most unique in any Disney Park. It contributes a lot to the fantasy in the park's lands'.

I found Tomorrowland a little cartoony and on the cheaper side. It's like a companion to Discoveryland, but less elaborate and painted more whimsically. The rest of the park has a very serene, intimate feel that the original Disneyland has. But again, Disneyland in CA suffers from everything being so crammed.

Back out in the resort, I found it's execution exceeding my expectations. The sights along the esplanade are wonderful. The fountains, bright colors, and lush landscaping make for wonderful sights. The train station, hotels (and even the ferry pier) are gorgeous!

I have a newfound love for the resort. It is one of Disney's most unique. I wish it all the best. If Disney can actually muster up some balls to build more attractions and shows, they can only improve the park. It is definitely a step up from DCA and WDSP. It is not quite the perfected formula of Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom, but it still has some charming little aspects. I hope they keep up with the maintenance through the coming years. A new Disney park always begins needing refurbishment about four to five years into operation. If they keep up with it, the resort will remain the beautiful, vibrant oasis I found.

Cheers to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort!
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 12-02-2007 at 01:30 AM.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: I've fallen in love with Hong Kong Disneyland

It happens to the best of us. Welcome aboard the wagon, there's plenty of room here!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORDDU: I wonder if anyone realizes that whenever they say they've fallen in love with Hong Kong Disneyland, it's the same as saying they've fallen in love with Loomis????

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ooh! A love affair with Hong Kong Disneyland and Loomis. That sounds like a fun 3some!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    It happens to the best of us. Welcome aboard the wagon, there's plenty of room here!
    Are you in bed?

• Banned User

Yes, its a beautiful resort, very stunning! I hope in the future they actually compliment the park itself with the amazing surroundings they've given the resort itself. Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    On a recent tour of the resort, I fell in love with it! I never fully realized how beautiful the location of the resort is. And after examining Hong Kong Disneyland Resort at a closer scope, I realized how pretty of a resort it is.

The location of the resort sets it apart from the rest. Disneyland in CA is plopped right in the middle of a bustling city. Disney World is an expansive resort on swamp land. Disney Paris is sort of out in the middle of nowhere. Tokyo is sort of like Anaheim; just minutes from a bustling city. But there is something about the Hong Kong resort that makes it seem worlds away. The park's natural surroundings and incredible lush and amazing landscape had a lot to do with it. It didn't have that crammed felling of Disneyland, overwhelming spectacle of Disneyland Paris, or widened out Tokyo Disneyland feel. It all seemed to be in the right scale.

On a separate note, the landscaping is some of the most unique in any Disney Park. It contributes a lot to the fantasy in the park's lands'.

I found Tomorrowland a little cartoony and on the cheaper side. It's like a companion to Discoveryland, but less elaborate and painted more whimsically. The rest of the park has a very serene, intimate feel that the original Disneyland has. But again, Disneyland in CA suffers from everything being so crammed.

Back out in the resort, I found it's execution exceeding my expectations. The sights along the esplanade are wonderful. The fountains, bright colors, and lush landscaping make for wonderful sights. The train station, hotels (and even the ferry pier) are gorgeous!

I have a newfound love for the resort. It is one of Disney's most unique. I wish it all the best. If Disney can actually muster up some balls to build more attractions and shows, they can only improve the park. It is definitely a step up from DCA and WDSP. It is not quite the perfected formula of Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom, but it still has some charming little aspects. I hope they keep up with the maintenance through the coming years. A new Disney park always begins needing refurbishment about four to five years into operation. If they keep up with it, the resort will remain the beautiful, vibrant oasis I found.

Cheers to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort!
    Yes I totally agree with you! The HKDL has beautiful, unique environment and lanscape compare with other DLs. Now just need to add more acttrations to increase its charming!

• Minion

ORWEN: I wonder if anybody out there knows that if they say that Hong Kong Disneyland has a beautiful, unique environmnt and landscape that compares with other DL's, it's the same as saying Loomis has a beautiful, unique environment and landscape that compares with other DL's???

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: I wonder if anyone realizes that whenever they say they've fallen in love with Hong Kong Disneyland, it's the same as saying they've fallen in love with Loomis????
    Once again, it happens to the best of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Ooh! A love affair with Hong Kong Disneyland and Loomis. That sounds like a fun 3some!
    Remember: as Interpol says, there's No I in Threesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Are you in bed?
    I was until quite recently. Now work awaits, and all the fun stuff that you can do there. Like...erm...work?

ORWEN: I wonder if anybody out there knows that if they say that Hong Kong Disneyland has a beautiful, unique environmnt and landscape that compares with other DL's, it's the same as saying Loomis has a beautiful, unique environment and landscape that compares with other DL's???
    Which part of me are you saying compares to the mountains?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORDDU: A witch never kisses and tells, dear--well, at least not THIS particular witch...

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm waiting to start a love afair of my own, that being with Hong Kong Disneyland(the park) and not Loomis

• Iron-Clad Allie

Can't wait to experience Hong Kong Disneyland. I'll likely fall in love with the park and it's beautiful surroudings myself.

I wonder if love will always be in Bloom-is there?

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, I'm sure of it! No gloomis or doomis where Loomis goes!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

ORWEN: Oh, I'm sure of it! No gloomis or doomis where Loomis goes!!!
    HKD's excitment and va va va voomis is as intense as a sonic boomis because of Loomis!!!

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, Ridewarrior, we make sure beautiful music together!! Did you know that only Loomis can make your broomis soar to the highest cumu-lis????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast