• Minion

New Attractions in the pipeline, Mingpao News

迪士尼將增加遊樂設施
    2007年12月27日

迪士尼行政總裁安明智表示,未來會增設數項新的遊樂設施,吸引更多遊去樂園。
    他表示會研究進一步擴充樂園,目前正研究融資安排,相信政府會支持。
    Source : Mingpao News

Bill Ernest, Managing Director of Hong Kong Disneyland believes that Hong Kong Government would support the proposed plan for expansion and new attractions are in the pipeline.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: New Attractions in the pipeline, Mingpao News

Can't wait until more details are revealed!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Hola Yola!

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Bill Ernest, Managing Director of Hong Kong Disneyland believes that Hong Kong Government would support the proposed plan for expansion and new attractions are in the pipeline.
    Aw, Bill Ernest is the little engine that could.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Sounds like more teasin' 'round ta me!!

ORDDU: Yes, they're all such teases over there. But until we see some ACTION, all these 'news' articles serve no real purpose but to annoy us

• HKDL fan

There's been so many news articles saying that new attractions are coming but they are all just fake news and make us exicted over nothing. Why can't they only announce when really something is coming and not all saying 'is planning',' in the pipeline','considering'. These kind of news are just so annoying.
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

On second thought, the Chinese government hasen't created any of the attractions at Hong Kong Disneyland - Disney Imagineers have done it all. The government is just flapping it's gums. Even if it did create attractions, they would be pieces of crap.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Now calm down people did anyone expect HKDL to annouce a new attraction so close to the opening of Its A Small World. I personally don't expect anything to be annouced until the next phase is completed. Disney and the Hong Kong Govement may also postponed any future annoucement until its been decided how much of an impact Its A Small World has made to attendance. The real challenge for the up coming year is to see how much Disney can increase attendance from the new attraction as well as from its new TDR style events. I assume we are still on for a new parade for Chinese New Years.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I assume we are still on for a new parade for Chinese New Years.
    Well, HKDL has already classified February 7-13, 2008 as Special Days for ticketing, so we know they have already got that part planned. So just over a month until the next big event!

One does expect anything major other than IASW this year. Mind you, a whole bunch of "little" things is better than nothing at all!
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Hola Yola!

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Now calm down people did anyone expect HKDL to annouce a new attraction so close to the opening of Its A Small World. I personally don't expect anything to be annouced until the next phase is completed. Disney and the Hong Kong Govement may also postponed any future annoucement until its been decided how much of an impact Its A Small World has made to attendance. The real challenge for the up coming year is to see how much Disney can increase attendance from the new attraction as well as from its new TDR style events. I assume we are still on for a new parade for Chinese New Years.
    I assume at some point something will have to be approved by the HK government, but I think what people are saying is that this article just seems like more posturing in a game of brinksmanship in which neither side seems to be moving an inch. The HK government comes out in the press saying Disney needs to 'improve operating efficiency' and raise attendance one day, the next a HKDL exec is being quoted saying the HK gvt needs to support further development and so on. I don't think all of this would be playing itself out in the press if they were really close to an agreement on funding new additions to the park, rather it seems like each side is trying to pressure the other to concede more in the negotiations through the media.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Yeah, the thing that git's us Cauldron gal's pots a boilin' is all them teaser reports that don't have nothin' worthwhile ta say. 'Til they REALLY got somethin' worth sayin', they oughtta just keep their fool mouths shut!!!