Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Watch Your Language

Over 60% oppose HK Gov to inject capital into HKDL according to survey, Metro Radio

六成多市民反對政府再注資迪士尼樂園
    項有關市民對迪士尼樂園的意見調查發現 , 過半受訪者, 反對政府再向迪士尼樂園注資.

理大酒店及旅遊業管理學院訪問了五百多名市民, 六成三人不贊成, 政府向迪士尼樂園注資, 當中有一成七人 , 更加表示強烈不同意 . 另外 , 有九成受訪者認為, 迪士尼樂園要增加景點 , 亦有七成人覺得樂園的門票太貴 . 而相信樂園對香港有利的受訪者, 由首次調查時的七成六, 跌至不足一半 .

負責調查的理大指, 市民對迪士尼樂園已經失去信心, 政府在注資的問題上 , 要小心考慮 .
    Source : Metro Radio News

調 查 指 市 民 對 迪 士 尼 能 否 為 香 港 帶 來 利 益 失 信 心
    理 工 大 學 酒 店 及 旅 遊 業 管 理 學 院 的 調 查 發 現 , 6 成 3 的 受 訪 市 民 不 同 意 政 府 再 注 資 樂 園 , 只 有 7 成 的 受 訪 者 支 持 迪 士 尼 發 展 , 是 自 2000 年 至 今 做 的 7 次 調 查 中 , 支 持 率 最 低 的 一 次 。

調 查 於 去 年 11 月 以 電 話 訪 問 500 多 名 市 民 , 約 一 半 受 訪 者 曾 經 去 過 樂 園 , 9 成 人 認 為 迪 士 尼 應 該 增 加 景 點 。
    另 外 , 有 數 據 反 映 過 去 3 年 , 市 民 對 於 迪 士 尼 能 否 為 香 港 帶 來 利 益 失 去 信 心 。

學 院 副 教 授 葉 占 雄 表 示 , 市 民 對 迪 士 尼 仍 然 存 有 疑 慮 , 建 議 樂 園 和 政 府 參 考 調 查 結 果 , 改 善 營 運 模 式 , 又 認 為 迪 士 尼 作 為 跨 國 企 業 , 有 能 力 自 行 注 資 樂 園 , 不 應 倚 賴 港 府 注 資 。
    Source: RTHK News

According to a recent survey, over 60% Hongkongers who responded, expressed their views that HK Government should not inject capital into HKDL for expansion.

About 90% of the Respondents feel that HKDL should add more attractions.

Prof Yip of Hong Kong Polytech University said that Walt Disney Company shouldn't rely on HK Government, and instead they should inject further capital themselves in HKDL for expansion.

• Watch Your Language

Re: Over 60% oppose HK Gov to inject capital into HKDL according to survey, Metro Rad

Opposition to govt funding Disney development

2008-01-14 HKT 17:37

More than 70 percent of people interviewed in a survey have backed the development of Hong Kong Disneyland. But a similar percentage said the government should not pay for it. The study was the last of seven conducted by an associate professor in the Polytechnic University's School of Hotel and Tourism Management, John Ap.

Source : RTHK News

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Over 60% oppose HK Gov to inject capital into HKDL according to survey, Metro Rad

75% of dentists recommend Crest over other leading brands. Just look at my Smiley's shiny white smile.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, that's just F-I-N-E, then!! Have Mickey and the gang pack up their toys and go back home to America and be done with all those Ping Pong balls!! That's what I does whenever I finds out I'M not wanted!!!

• Hola Yola!

Hmm, I will say that most Americans probably wouldn't be too thrilled if their tax dollars were being spent on new attractions for DL and WDW. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    According to a recent survey, over 60% Hongkongers who responded, expressed their views that HK Government should not inject capital into HKDL for expansion.

About 90% of the Respondents feel that HKDL should add more attractions.

Prof Yip of Hong Kong Polytech University said that Walt Disney Company shouldn't rely on HK Government, and instead they should inject further capital themselves in HKDL for expansion.
    I am questioning how Prof Yip got his diploma, seems he doesn't even know the most basic business rules. Hong Kong Disneyland is a for-profit corporation, and Hong Kong government and Disney Company are its two shareholders. You can't just have one of the shareholders inject capital into HKDL without changing the share ratio of the coporation. If Hong Kong Government wants to maintain it's major shareholder status, i has to also invest more money in HKDL. they can sell their some of their stock to Disney Co. with the money they get from Disney, but they can't just take the money without recording it as the additional owners equilty.

A quick Wikipedia can find the definition of a corporation:
    A stock corporation is a for-profit corporation which the ownership of the corporation is expressed by shares of stock. This allows for the ownership of the corporation to be readily determined, as shares are property, and are transferrable as any other property such as money, subject to any conditions imposed such as restriction on resale. The owner of the shares of a corporation is a stockholder. If a stockholder owns at least 50% of a corporation's voting shares, plus one share, they have a controlling interest in the corporation, since they have more votes than all other owners combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    Hmm, I will say that most Americans probably wouldn't be too thrilled if their tax dollars were being spent on new attractions for DL and WDW. Just saying...
    But American public (tax payers) don't own Disney, which is the way it should be. Hong Kong Government owning a for-profit private business is just wrong to begin with.

• Minion

ORDDU: Exactly. And it was their choice. Now that they realize they made a bad decision, they need to take responsibility for themselves and stop acting like little babies who suddenly don't know what to do.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

[quote=HongKongDisneyland;2477411]調 查 指 市 民 對 迪 士 尼 能 否 為 香 港 帶 來 利 益 失 信 心

[quote]

I was going to say the same thing! lol

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

These witches crack me up.

I expected them to say throw 60% of the population in the ocean, or in their cauldron.

Or just throw in 11 percent, so there is a majority of pro-HKDL people in Hong Kong.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Hey!! Give a witch credit fer keepin' a FEW dang secrets, okay?!

• Minion

ORGOCH: Ya know, the more I thinks 'bout it, the more steamed I is over the fact that Cali'forny Adventure guy just went 'n ruined all my plans by openin' up his big ol' mouth, there!! I got a good idea ta just throw 60 percent a HIM inta the dang ocean, whilst boilin' up the other 40 percent inside my cauldron!!!

ORDDU: Oh, no, no, no, dear. The only one of us who's going to be throwing California Adventurer ANYWHERE is yours truly. I have something much more special in mind....something much more soft....and comfortable....and alluring... Something NO adorable young man could ever resist...

ORDDU: Yup, I see yer point. Lord knows the best way ta punish ANY jerk out there's ta let 'em end up in YER hands, ya tramp!! Fer once I say go 'n GIT the man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post

they're COMMUNISTS!!!!!

zomg the economy of great 3vil

thing is if the government is that way they gotz to take more risks like company's do and should've been aware that if you don't spend you won't get much and that you need to know what to build and be building constantly

running a theme park is tricky buisness

The HK govt should get the park off its hands. Sell it off to someone who wants to invest and turn it into a success.

• Yo!

How many people did they survey exactly? There's a BIG difference in a poll that only surveys 100 people versus one that surveys 10,000.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast