Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scandal and Disney

In light of the fact that Disney is a family oriented organization, I was wondering if the local "Nude photos" scandal has caused them to remove the Twins song from their lineup for the Mickey's Rocking New Year show?
    Are they still using Twins as a sponsored group?
    On Yesteredays news the twin in question talked about how "silly" she was. She didn't deny the reality of the photos, so in light of a denial, is it safe to assume they are real?
    I'm questioning this because if I remember right, didn't a teen star in the states get fired for smoking or kissing her boyfriend in public or some such silly nonsense?
    And when you think back to earlier last year, didn't Disney terminate a lot of dancers because of horse play in the changing rooms?
    I've seen no press releases, but then I haven't been looking either.

• Minion

Re: Scandal and Disney

ORDDU: This is the first my sisters and I have heard about these Twins, ourselves.

ORWEN: That's because we have old souls and don't keep up on the teeny boppers or the young and the restless.

ORGOCH: Butcha's got a point, ta be sure, Katsmama. Be interestin' ta see what some a the ducklin's 'round here's got ta say 'bout it all.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

HK sex scandal continues

Gillian Chung apologizes to fans

By Patrick Frater
    Variety
    Posted: Mon., Feb. 11, 2008, 10:13am PT

Hong Kong's celebrity sex scandal is becoming more like a bad movie every day.

Monday saw Gillian Chung, actress and one half of the formerly wholesome pop duo Twins, hold a press conference to apologize to her fans for her part in the PR debacle that has consumed the Hong Kong public for nearly two weeks.

Several hundred photos of B-list actor Edison Chen in flagrante with a string of female stars have trickled out on to the Net. To the extreme embarrassment of those concerned, these have been plastered across front pages of local newspapers for days on end.

Chen could soon find himself cut out of the business. He stars in "Jump," a pic produced by Stephen Chow's Star Overseas and bankrolled by Columbia Pictures Film Production Asia.

Hong Kong papers have reported that the pic will now reshoot and leave Chen's scenes on the cutting room floor. A Columbia spokesman would not confirm, but said that a release date had never been fixed. He told Variety, "Star Overseas asked us if we want them to re-edit and trim some scenes, and we are exploring that option now."

Chen is also due to appear in Joel Schumacher's "The Dark Knight," and his role there may also come in for review.
    http://www.variety.com/index.asp?lay...117980694&cs=1
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

someone said the MV of twins from the show has removed.
    from my own point, HKDL has invited Twins for TV commercial of CNY event, but till now we can't see any commercial about this event on TV, which is very unusual since the Prirate takeover. HKDL might forgo the commercial.

On the disney promotional channel, they are still showing clips of last year's CNY. I saw disney Channel is showing a spot about the dragon dance with the fish tails and Vivien Tam in it. My Little One saw herself in a clip about the kidzone that was taken on the AP preview day. (Yes, when the little one is home and allowed TV time, it is Disney for her. I don't have to worry too much about censoring the content, although, I don't like some of hte newer cartoons with the fighting in them so they are banned.) I haven't seen the twins video at all. Now was this made just for Disney's CNY celebration, or was it something they had done before and Disney picked up on?

As for removing it from the show, what difference does it make? They had their clothes on there. But as a parent of a impressionable young one, I would have to applaude Disney for taking a stand if it has been removed. However, the twin in question is an adult and adults do funny things don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: This is the first my sisters and I have heard about these Twins, ourselves.
    Here's a clip put up awhile ago by HongKongDisneyland
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...sic-88142.html

As bennuttshiu said, I've never seen it anywhere but here.

• Banned User

Wikipedia article about the scandal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edison_Chen_photo_scandal

That Variety article is a little off as far as the details go. Christopher Nolan is the director of the new film. Edison is supposed to be a villan, so I don't see that a scandal will get him cut from the film. If anything it helps his credibility as a villan. lol.

- Anatole

Well, I guess you don't want your kid to say:"Hey I saw that actress on Disney's MTV, but why is she undressed here with that man? Is it fun what they are doing, mom?"

• Banned User

Wasn't that gal from High School Musical.. (Vanessa somebody) in a similar incident in the USA?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Wasn't that gal from High School Musical.. (Vanessa somebody) in a similar incident in the USA?
    In a less hardcore kind of way, but yah. I imagine this would be devastating to the actresses over there. For edison chen to be cut out of Batman 2.... I don't really think that would be an issue. I mean... it wasn't HE that leaked the images right?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Watch Your Language

History really repeats itself.

Then i don't think the scandal would hurt Twins(to be precise, only 1/2 of the Twins) or Hong Kong Disneyland.

If you look at the history of Hong Kong actress that got involved in sex photos/Sex Scandals etc, at the end of the day they got even more popular in Hong Kong. They got more publicity than before.

Hong Kong People or People in general just love those Hot Gossips on the Press. This is human nature.

She didn't release those pictures to the net, it's more an issue of Privacy.

This gives an opportunity for parents to teach their kids what is the right thing to do. The Scandal might not be a bad thing.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 02-12-2008 at 01:12 AM.

We were just on the Preview channel for HKDL and saw the twins commercial with them speaking Mandarin so maybe it hasn't been removed.

Just curious, what is the "right" thing to do? Never take a shower? Never have sex? Don't buy newspapers? Don't surf the internet? Don't go to Disney? Are there no shades of grey in HK?

Not attacking you personally, part of my job is to "teach creative thinking" When the press is spouting the "right thing to do" It's really hard to get people to think outside the comfort zones they've built for themselves. (I've just spent the day correcting that precise comment on too many online assignments.) From the number of psudo quotes I've gotten today, it must be what was written in some of the daily papers. Just once I would love to see a studnet of mine write that they SHOULD publish nude photos of stars. Afterall, they are stars. And Didn't Luicille Ball or Phillis Diller loose a case to National Enquirer about something like this back in the late 80's? Be a star expect less of a private life?

• Banned User

They did steal the photos from his computer after all, so it's not like these are paparazzi photos taken in public. They were private photos. For me that supercedes the fact he is a celebrity.

Regardless of whether it was smart of him to save them on his computer hard-drive, stolen photos are stolen photos.

- Anatole

I think the problem I have is conflicting, and sparse news reports. I hadn't even heard about it until the other day on the English news. Apparently it's been around the Cantonese speaking/reaading part of the population for a while now. Were they stolen photos, or were they taken through a window? It depends on where you get your news from I guess.

One of the bad aspects of being illiterate is not being able to get all the news. I only get what the powers that be at SCMP and TVB find fit to publicize. Like last years Disney christmas' in the MTR owned shopping centers. HonkongDisneyland posted it in Cantonese, I only stumbled across it going to work one day.

A little knowledge can be dangerous.

• Banned User

According to the wikipedia article, they were taken from his hard drive when it was repaired. I haven't checked the sources in the article, so there is room for doubt I guess.

BTW- have you tried google translate for translating from Chinese to English? I am learning Chinese and I use it to help with learning characters. It seriously kicks *** for Chinese. It leaves a lot to be desired for Japanese, but that is another matter entirely. lol.

- Anatole

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast