Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• dream out loud

Shanghai Disneyland?

There is a report that Disney is awaiting approval for a Shanghai Disneyland.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...=TQP_Mod_mktwN

Why the second park in China? Offer your thoughts and feedback here.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Shanghai Disneyland?

We keep on hearing about plans for more Disney parks in China, but the reality is nothing is going to happen until management fix the Hong Kong Disneyland park.

• dream out loud

I was thinking the same thing - I cannot fathom why there would be two "Disneylands" in China when the first has not even begun to turn profitable. And while I realize China is heavily populated, the distance between Shanghai and Hong Kong is not that great.

• HKDL fan

I don't think Disney should build a theme park in China. Hong Kong have both Mainland Chinese and International market. They should invest more in Hong Kong rather than start another park in China which will take them another fews years to tackle the teething problems.
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

Well I think Disney could build another park in China it has more people than the USA. I just hope if they build a new park they have more rides than HKDL when it opens up. I know I never get to go to Hong Kong or China so I just be happy with the great pictures from people like TDL_Fan.

• Sock Puppet

i totally disagree with a DL Shanghai. China already has HKDL and they also have not too far away TDL. Disney should consider building a DL in Austrailia or build Disney America's in Texas
    Last edited by Disneyfan4; 02-24-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Austrailia does not have the population to support a Disney Park. And Texas? Comon, Disney already has lots of Parks in the US. Another one is not going to happen, a resort anyhow.

South America is already being served by Disneyworld. You might not like the Brazilian groups that descend on the resort in big numbers but take them away and then you take the money away too.

• Hello

Cool Re: Shanghai Disneyland?

I totally disagree with a second park in China. If Hong Kong is not popular, why would Shanghai be any better? I do agree though with building a park, possibly Australia, Canada, and somewhere in Europe. Those would all be great.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I think Disney is really missing out on a major, untapped market by not having gotten around, yet, to building a Disney theme park under the sea--where all the mer-folk would be sure to swim there by the schools!!! I mean, really! It's not fair to leave out all those creatures in the ocean!! Why not sink some clams into a long-over due project that's SURE to turn to gold--fish, that is?!

• Banned User

Disney should build a park in my living room. There is some space next to the television, and an untapped market of my room mate and my cat. My cat is a fat lazy SOB and would be able to go everyday, all day long. Talk about repeat business!

- Anatole
    Last edited by Anatole69; 02-24-2008 at 11:12 PM.

• Banned User

I like kitties... do not call your kitty SOB, and if he is fat, then YOU have been pampering him too much.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    do not call your kitty SOB
    Now if he had a doggie, then that would be the truth

I guess we will have to live with a new Shaghai DL rumor every few weeks until it becomes a reality...which I expect will be the case, just not in the next ten years or so. I think it would have made better sense to have built the first China park in Shanghai rather than Hong Kong...since there is a larger local population base, and since billions of dollars wouldn't have been needed for land reclamation (maybe some of that money could have been spent on the parks instead!). But now it makes no sense to have another Chinese resort until the negative impressions created by the mini-park in HK are changed. After HK has reached its potential (full size MK, plus second gate), then there should be no problem with a second Chinese resort. TDR may be close enough but most guests would probably prefer rides in a language they understand.

• Banned User

Ha ha... I can tell his evil powers have influenced you already. I call him an SOB because he is evil! I know if he isn't fed one day, he will eat me instead. I see the way he looks at me sometimes, like I am just kitty food.

My cat looks adorable, but it is all a trick.

He is pure evil I tells you, pure evil!!!

- Anatole "His cat is pure evil!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Anatole69 View Post
    I know if he isn't fed one day, he will eat me instead. I see the way he looks at me sometimes, like I am just kitty food.
    True! When I babysit my mom's cat he gives me the same look! He is imagining himself as Montecore (of Siegfried and Roy fame)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Anatole69 View Post
    He is pure evil I tells you, pure evil!!!

- Anatole "His cat is pure evil!"
    I guess that makes two of us.. Muahahahaha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast