• Watch Your Language

Hong Kong to spend over HK$10 billion in Tourism Related Facilities, RTHK News

According to RTHK News

曾 蔭 權 : 未 來 數 年 投 放 過 百 億 元 改 善 旅 遊 設 施

曾 蔭 權 又 提 到 , 未 來 數 年 會 投 放 過 百 億 元 , 改 善 旅 遊 設 施 , 以 提 高 香 港 的 競 爭 力
    Chief Executive of Hong Kong SAR, Donald Tsang "We will spend over HK$10 billion (in the coming few years) on tourism related facilities and infrastructure in order to
    enhance Hong Kong's competitiveness in Tourism"

------------------------

I expect a deal btw HK Gov and WDC is reaching soon.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Hong Kong to spend over HK$10 billion in Tourism Related Facilities, RTHK News

I expect that its already agreed, and both sides are waiting for the right time to annouce the next project. Hopely something may be revealed when the media visit for the upcoming opening of Small World. By the way HongKongDisneyland seeing your a local, is the opening of Small World creating any kind of buzz amoung the other locals?

• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: Hong Kong to spend over HK$10 billion in Tourism Related Facilities, RTHK News

O Rly?

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I expect that its already agreed, and both sides are waiting for the right time to annouce the next project. Hopely something may be revealed when the media visit for the upcoming opening of Small World. By the way HongKongDisneyland seeing your a local, is the opening of Small World creating any kind of buzz amoung the other locals?
    From what i see and hear in Hong Kong. The reaction towards the new attraction, "IASW" is rather mixed, from zealous enthusiasm (HK Disney Fans) to lukewarm enthusiasm among average Local Hongkongers. I guess they expect something more "Special" and "Unique" and not something that could be found at other disneyland.

Let's wait and see how it goes when the attraction actually opens in late April.

For us HKers, we know a Disneyland is not going to attract a lot of interest from Japanese, Americans or Europeans since there already are Disneylands in those regions. If HKDL does not have something unique, then how are we going to attract them and earn the projected tourism income?

Yes, we get lots of Chinese tourists and some are really quite well off, but we know that the Japanese, Americans and Europeans are the real spenders, many of whom stay at the best hotels and eat at the best restaurants. HKDL is not helping in that sense by building common attractions all through the park.

• Minion

ORDDU: And here my sisters and I thought that the main purpose for having a Disneyland built in Hong Kong was so the local residents could have a place to play without having to give much--if any--consideration over international guests.

When Tung Chee-Hwa announced the Disney deal, it was at the low point of the financial crisis in 1999. He did it hoping that HKDL would boost tourism in HK, probably by attracting new tourists or making people extend their stay.