Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Talking Hong Kong Disneyland's Winnie the Pooh ride...

Is so VASTLY better than ours at Disneyland, CA!!! I just watched a video of it on youtube, and I am so jealous! This just makes me want to go to HKDL even more, now (and that we'll get some changes made to our poor excuse of a Pooh ride)!!!

You guys are so lucky!

And, in case you're wondering, here's the video I watched:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=FvkcNnCbMWA

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland's Winnie the Pooh ride...

If you haven't seen Tokyo Disneyland's version, then u havent seen nothing yet.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Is so VASTLY better than ours at Disneyland, CA!!! I just watched a video of it on youtube, and I am so jealous! This just makes me want to go to HKDL even more, now (and that we'll get some changes made to our poor excuse of a Pooh ride)!!!

You guys are so lucky!

And, in case you're wondering, here's the video I watched:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvkcNnCbMWA
    In fact, whats the difference between HKDL and CA one?

HKDL Winnie the Pooh is a carbon copy of the Magic Kingdom one.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Keithlee, check out this video of the Anaheim one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=VGJIpa_ZXug

Believe me when I say that this ride leaves you feeling: "I'm glad this ride never has a line" (this is good, because the ride is not ). The only thing I like better in "ours" is the ride vehicles. HK's just seem a little plain. But, aside from that, I think HK's is superior!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Keithlee, check out this video of the Anaheim one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGJIpa_ZXug

Believe me when I say that this ride leaves you feeling: "I'm glad this ride never has a line" (this is good, because the ride is not ). The only thing I like better in "ours" is the ride vehicles. HK's just seem a little plain. But, aside from that, I think HK's is superior!
    Thanks dland lover!
    I also like the CA ride vehicles too!

• i heart plunging v-necks

the anaheim version is so bad it can't even be considered craptastic. i think the main problem is that everything is lit up incorrectly with black lights. the colours come off as neon as opposed to WDW/HK's more natural warm lighting which reflect the original animation palatte. also at DL the scenes are truncated, and there seems to be a lack of dimension in the sets. granted, there are alot of painted flats in both versions. only TDL has a truly immersive design with 3-D sets and true AA's.

i wish disney would plus the DL pooh, as of right now it's like riding a fancy vehicle through a disney store window display.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    the anaheim version is so bad it can't even be considered craptastic. i think the main problem is that everything is lit up incorrectly with black lights. the colours come off as neon as opposed to WDW/HK's more natural warm lighting which reflect the original animation palatte. also at DL the scenes are truncated, and there seems to be a lack of dimension in the sets. granted, there are alot of painted flats in both versions. only TDL has a truly immersive design with 3-D sets and true AA's.

i wish disney would plus the DL pooh, as of right now it's like riding a fancy vehicle through a disney store window display.
    Well said! I think that a dark ride, like WtP, should have bright, cheerful, cartoony colors... just not dayglo strength!

That's one of the things I like better about the HK version: the colors don't make you want to puke, or make you feel like you're on acid. They reflect colors more like in the original stories and movies. A much more enjoyable experience, I must say!

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I actually think the Anaheim, CA version of Winnie the Pooh is vastly superior to the one in Florida. In some cases, the Florida version offers plywood cut-outs of the characters, whereas the California version has actual figures for those same scenes. (We're thinking of the birthday party at the end of the ride.)

ORWEN: Plus the one in California has more impressive special effects than the one in Florida. I think if they were going to duplicate one for Hong Kong Disneyland, they would have been better off choosing the one in California because it was made later and seems to be a slightly longer ride, too, compared to the one in Florida.

• Minion

A question for anyone who has ridden both: are there any improvements in HKDL Pooh vs WDW Pooh? HKDL Pooh is the the first one of the Pooh rides to have a purpose-built show building (not counting Tokyo...in fairness we should not compare it to the other three, since it uses a different ride system). I was wondering whether this dedicated space led to any improvements in the arrangement of sets or track.

• I'm not wearing a scarf!

I haven't been to HKDL, but the HKDL Pooh looks almost like MK Pooh. Now if you're impressed with HKDL Pooh, you might as well head down to WDW because it will be much cheaper in the long run. If you want to see a really amazing Pooh ride, visit TDL. That will just make your head spin. Tokyo DisneySea will make you wet your pants!

I wasn't too impressed with the DL Pooh. I thought it was pretty bad. There's a reason why I've never seen more than a 10 minute wait on it.

• Circle of Ancients

That is a much better version. It actually has a cohesive "story," instead of just going from random movie scene to scene.

• s.p.a.c.e M0UNTA1N!!

I'm really jealous of Tokyo's Pooh ride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sisters and I actually think the Anaheim, CA version of Winnie the Pooh is vastly superior to the one in Florida. In some cases, the Florida version offers plywood cut-outs of the characters, whereas the California version has actual figures for those same scenes. (We're thinking of the birthday party at the end of the ride.)

ORWEN: Plus the one in California has more impressive special effects than the one in Florida. I think if they were going to duplicate one for Hong Kong Disneyland, they would have been better off choosing the one in California because it was made later and seems to be a slightly longer ride, too, compared to the one in Florida.

Agree with you on the birthday scene but there's so much more to either Hong Kong and Florida's Pooh ride that there is no comparison. I just like the order of events in HK's better. Disneyland's bulky vehicles are so large and sluggish, we lose out on a lot of scenes because every scene now needs to be bigger. It's a waste. It's a poo.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

I disagree. I like DL's version a tad better, and especially for it's outdoor and woodysy feel. The ride is nice and no better than Orlando/HK's... Of course.. TDL's Hunny Hunt will always be king.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast