hello Hong Kong Disney cast members

I'm Stefan and a cast member from Disneyland Resort Paris. I am travelling to Hong Kong Disneyland and spend the night of the 27th and 28th May 2008 at the Resort.

Are there any cast members from Hong Kong out there who could give me some tips and would maybe like to meet with a Disney fan from Europe.

Thanks for your replies,

Stefan

Re: hello Hong Kong Disney cast members

Quote Originally Posted by euro disney stefan View Post
    I'm Stefan and a cast member from Disneyland Resort Paris. I am travelling to Hong Kong Disneyland and spend the night of the 27th and 28th May 2008 at the Resort.

Are there any cast members from Hong Kong out there who could give me some tips and would maybe like to meet with a Disney fan from Europe.

Thanks for your replies,

Stefan
    Welcome CM only?

Sorry - I did not want to be rude. I just thought that Disney is pretty new for the Hong Kong population and that I would find the small group of Disney fans working for Hong Kong Disneyland.

Are you living in Hong Kong and a fan of Disney?

Talking Re: hello Hong Kong Disney cast members

Hi,
    AH I feel an international fan meeting is in progress!

I am a CM from Paris too. I'll be at HK from the 26th of April to the 29th.
    I should be there with my brother & his wife, staying at the HKDL Hotel.

If you wish we may meet inside the park as I try to get to the opening of IASW.
    Hope to hear from you soon whoever you are : CM, AP or "simple" Disney fan welcome !

Xavier

PS: Do you have any special advice of the not to be miss restaurants on the resort? (from food and decor/theming point of view).

PPS: Is Pin trading going on at HKDL ? It's not that I am a Pin fan but it may help to socialize a little with other guests! ^^

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

While everyone is organising meet up's, I will be at the park on Friday May 16th and again on Tuesday May 20th, so anyone free to meet up on those days feel free to let me know.

• Banned User

I actually may be at HKDL the same days Malin will be... THAT should be interesting...

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

That could be very interesting

• Banned User

The China News reports.... "Hair pulling and butt kicking melee on Main Street USA at HKDL" LOL

Red Face Re: hello Hong Kong Disney cast members

Oups ! I read it too fast.
    I didn't see the diffrence in months with Stefan...
    The good news for him is that he will get the advantage to know all the mistakes I made there!

I leave for Singapore tomorrow but I'll check the board before going to HKDL.

Quote Originally Posted by French_Mouse View Post
    PS: Do you have any special advice of the not to be miss restaurants on the resort? (from food and decor/theming point of view).

You should not miss yum cha at the Plaza Inn in Main Street U.S.A. The restaurant is themed like a 19th-century royal dining room and the service is very good. I don't know if Paris Cast Members can enjoy the special CM rate of HK$68 for the meal or if you must pay the HK$128 like everyone else but even still the HK$128 is only 10,00E.

If you have never gone to "yum cha", you drink a lot of tea and eat small plates of traditional foods, with buns and savoury dumplings and sweets. Normally carts come to the table and you choose what you want, then at the end they total up the number of plates to see how much you spent. But at the Plaza Inn you choose from a set of dishes (like a normal French "menu") for each course, I believe it is six courses including some fruit or dessert at the end.

There is a food plaza in Fantasyland that has nice theming but it is trying to be the "world cafe" where you can get everything from Chinese noodles to American barbecue. There is only one possible word for this cafe, and it is French: bof.

Vous trouverez qu'on mange beaucoup moins cher a Hong Kong qu'a Paris... people eat out very cheaply because their homes are too small for entertaining, so they do entertaining in restaurants. You can have an enormous six- or eight-dish dinner with a lot of seafood that would be very expensive in France, for four people for 65,00E if you go out into the city, and even in the park itself you won't pay too much more.

The Cantonese restaurant (excusez-moi, j'ignore le nom) in the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel is also very good, but is unbelievably expensive by Hong Kong standards... you will pay 25-30E per person for a normal four-dish dinner. The character buffet in the cellar of the HKDL Hotel is shockingly, painfully expensive -- it is a buffet and not an especially good one at that, and it costs HK$500 -- that's 40,00E -- per person!!

Hong Kong Disneyland is a bit like Marne-la-Vallee -- it is outside the "city". In Marne-la-Vallee at least there are some local cafes but there is very, very little on Lantau Island except Disneyland, the airport at Chep Lak Kok, a convention centre and a monastery. The nearest 'civilisation' is at Tsing Yi, which requires a change of trains on the MTR, though there is an excellent -- EXCELLENT -- Shanghainese restaurant on the 3/F of the shopping mall attached to the Tsing Yi MTR station. It is a 30-40 minute ride with two changes to get from HKDL to Central.