• Watch Your Language

2 more Disney Resorts in Asia, YNET

According to news reported by YNET

there might be a total of 4 Disney Resorts in Asia in the future:
    Currently we have 2 in Asia: Tokyo and Hong Kong

Plus:
    Shanghai
    And Malaysia

The new president of Asia( Disney Parks and Resort) might be responsible for managing 4 theme parks and resorts in Asia in the future.

香港迪士尼总裁升亚洲总裁或管理未来4家乐园

《第一财经日报》获悉,华特迪士尼公司宣布,委任香港迪士尼乐园行政总裁安明智为亚洲区总裁,负责统筹华特 迪士尼公司在亚洲的乐园及度假村业务发展。而香港迪士尼乐园营运副总裁华敏伦,将继任香港迪士尼乐园行政总 裁一职。

迪士尼乐园目前在亚洲仅有日本、香港两座乐园,按照迪士尼乐园的公告,安明智将继续以香港为基地,制定 华特迪士尼亚洲区新业务,包括香港迪士尼乐园度 假区的长远发展策略。这不能不让业内人士猜测,这一人事任命可能是为亚洲区即将筹建的上海、马来西亚两座迪 士尼乐园作铺垫。

香港入境旅游接待协会主席梁耀霖认为,就算是在上海、马来西亚兴建迪士尼乐园,对香港迪士尼来说也都只是 机遇而不是挑战。亚洲区兴建多个迪士尼站点将会 起品牌作用,根据区域性因素,游客都会选择较近自己的迪士尼作旅游目标,如北京的到上海迪士尼,而广东、广 西的则到香港迪士尼。

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not surprised if they are really going to build two more, one at Malaysia and the other at Shanghai.

Consider Disney's Competitor, that is Universal Studios Theme Parks, besides the existing Universal Studio Theme Park in Japan, there will be a Universal Studios at Singapore around 2010, Universal Studios Dubai (around 2010), Universal Studios South Korea (around 2012), plus the recent rumor for Universal Studios filippine.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 04-18-2008 at 10:49 AM.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: 2 more Disney Resorts in Asia, YNET

why not a 3rd in America as well

• i heart plunging v-necks

Disney Down Unda

• Minion

ORWEN: And let's not forget us here in Morva!! With the price of broom sticks going up every day, it sure would be nice if we had a Disney theme park within walking distance for a change!!

• is satisfactual.

Why not 4. Why not 10. Why not put them across from each other like Starbucks does.

• Will return Soon...

I love this comes out in a random asian news outlet every month :P not going to happen, Shanghai maybe one day... Malaysia i don't think so

Next 2 will be Shanghai and North Korea Right :P

• HKDL fan

I love this comes out in a random asian news outlet every month :P not going to happen, Shanghai maybe one day... Malaysia i don't think so

Next 2 will be Shanghai and North Korea Right :P
    Why not Malaysia? There is a HUGE possibility of Disney entering Malaysia. This is because ISKANDAR MALAYSIA (a development region in South Malaysia - the Malaysian state next to Singapore) have allocated 2000 hectares of land for international theme parks. Futhermore Malaysia's local press have indicated few times that the government's investing arm is having talks with Disney. North Korea do not have a single indication, so how can it be? Possibility is really low.
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Why not 4. Why not 10. Why not put them across from each other like Starbucks does.
    LOL! No kidding. If they do that they're really going to oversaturate the market in Asia. Considering how much help HKDL needs to bring in the crowds, they'd be stupid to build more parks in Asia until they fix that.

• Will return Soon...

Quote Originally Posted by josh_kslow View Post
    Why not Malaysia? There is a HUGE possibility of Disney entering Malaysia. This is because ISKANDAR MALAYSIA (a development region in South Malaysia - the Malaysian state next to Singapore) have allocated 2000 hectares of land for international theme parks. Futhermore Malaysia's local press have indicated few times that the government's investing arm is having talks with Disney. North Korea do not have a single indication, so how can it be? Possibility is really low.
    North Korea was Sarcasm hence the :P :P :P Sure no one can get in but disney :-P

Malaysia, i just don't see it close to others not a HUGE tourism Mecca like Hong Kong or Japan. just a transfer hub for allot of flights to London. Just because they have allocated land for it doesn't mean that Disney will take it. and Local press are nothing to go by on these things. At least Twice a year "Local Press" in Australia drop the story Disney is looking, still nothing. And these stories have been going on since the early nineties here.

Just don't think local media in these stories means anything, or they need is a disney CM to make some crap up and there a "source"

• Banned User

I think each of the Disney resort should come with a Super Walmart attached to them, so they can be successful ventures.

You gotta be kidding me about this news bit!

I also have doubts about Malaysia. In the past there was basically just one party running things in the government, but after the losses in the recent election, I don't think they can have everything all their own way. They cannot pay through their noses like before. Just because land is allocated I don't think Disney will fall for it without a huge paycheck.

• Banned User

Yeah, if any of this is true, that would be an awful, awful mistake! I really don't get why these countries are fighting for Disney parks?? Yes, it brings more noteriety and interest in the said country, but it doesn't guarantee profit either. Hell, look at France and Hong Kong! DLP is now 15 years old and its barely getting in the black now. WDSP isn't exactly wowing people over either. HKDL of course has its own set of problems and the government and Disney can't stop fighting over the next set of additions since the government feels (rightly so) it got screwed spending billions more than Disney and getting barely half of the profits with a park that has barely anything in it and attendance that is only shrinking year by year when normally it does the opposite.

And yet these other countries are fighting tooth and nail to get these parks in. Only Japan has been runaway sucess and even then TDS is having problems keeping a huge attendance most of the year and its not a secret TDR fanbase is aging.

But like others said, this stuff comes and goes by the local press every year and LIKE every year nothing pans out. The last time there was **official** word Disney was building another park in Asia was HKDL and that was 9 freaking years ago now. Everything else since then has been nothing more than rumors or stalled deals that haven't made it past stage one in talks.

If we see another Disney park in Asia in the next decade, I would be very surprised.

• HKDL fan

North Korea was Sarcasm hence the :P :P :P Sure no one can get in but disney :-P

Malaysia, i just don't see it close to others not a HUGE tourism Mecca like Hong Kong or Japan. just a transfer hub for allot of flights to London. Just because they have allocated land for it doesn't mean that Disney will take it. and Local press are nothing to go by on these things. At least Twice a year "Local Press" in Australia drop the story Disney is looking, still nothing. And these stories have been going on since the early nineties here.

Just don't think local media in these stories means anything, or they need is a disney CM to make some crap up and there a "source"

What I am saying is not local press stating the possibility of Disney coming in but is the news about the Prime Minister together with those parties[from the private sector] interested in bringing in Disney went to have talks with Disney and also Oriental Company [for the possibility of it managing the resort]. The Prime Minister is very keen in bringing Disney into Malaysia.

And on Malaysia's tourism, we have 21 million tourist last year which is beyond the expectation of the Tourism Ministry of Malaysia. Malaysia's tourism sector is the third largest contributing sector.
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com