• Watch Your Language

Kung Fu Panda Themed Attraction vs IASW

Hong Kong Ocean Park and DreamWorks Animation SKG Present Kung Fu Panda Themed Attraction at Ocean Park this Summer "Looking for Panda" HKID Card Promotion with trips to Sichuan to mark the First Anniversary of Le Le and Ying Ying’s Arrival!

Also approaching on 26 April 2008 is the first anniversary of the arrival of the two young giant pandas, Le Le and Ying Ying, from Wolong, Sichuan. To celebrate this, Ocean Park is launching the Looking for Panda HKID card promotion, which will take effect from this Saturday, 26 April 2008, through to 31 May 2008.

(22 April, 2008 -- Hong Kong) Ocean Park Hong Kong and DreamWorks Animation SKG, in a first ever collaboration, will jointly present a Kung Fu Panda themed attraction, which will be a not-to-be-missed highlight at this year’s summer event at the Park. This attraction, themed entirely on DreamWorks’ latest blockbuster animated feature, Kung Fu Panda, will bring to life scenes and icons of the movie for guests to experience in a 3-dimensional, multimedia and interactive kung fu playground. Kung Fu Panda starts showing in local cinemas from 28 June 2008, the same day Ocean Park kicks off its 2008 summer event.

Dr. Allan Zeman, Chairman of Ocean Park, and Ms. Terry Lai, Founder Chairman of Kadokawa Intercontinental Group Holdings Ltd., the distributor of the movie in Hong Kong, attended a signing ceremony at the Park today to mark the partnership and collaboration on Kung Fu Panda.

Billed as one of summer's hottest cinematic releases, Kung Fu Panda tells the story of a panda named Po, whose lifelong dream to be a Kung Fu Master comes true, as he embarks on an action-packed kung fu adventure alongside his idols, the legendary Furious Five – Tigress, Crane, Mantis, Viper and Monkey.

At today's event, Ms. Terry Lai also presented four local celebrities - Eason Chan, Denise Ho, Jaycee Chan, and Josie Ho - who will be the lead voice-over artists assuming the characters of Po, Tigress, Crane and Viper respectively, in the Cantonese version of Kung Fu Panda. In addition, Jackie Chan and Sam Lee have been chosen for the characters of Monkey and Mantis.

"We are thrilled about our collaboration with DreamWorks, and we simply can’t wait to present the Kung Fu Panda themed attraction at Ocean Park this summer!" said Dr. Zeman. "This attraction will bring the exhilarating Kung Fu Panda scenes, icons and characters to our guests' fingertips, and I guarantee you it will be unlike anything you've ever seen before in Hong Kong, or anywhere else in the world. This summer's Kung Fu Panda themed attraction is the fruit of a landmark collaboration that signifies the vision and passion shared by Ocean Park and DreamWorks, to provide world-class family entertainment of the best quality and originality. And, being one of the only theme parks in the world that is home to four giant pandas, what better platform to present Kung Fu Panda than Ocean Park?"

Specific scenes from the movie have already been chosen to be recreated at the Kung Fu Panda attraction, and some of the kung fu challenges that Po and the Furious Five had to face in the movie will be presented, for guests to test out their own potential of becoming a kung fu master in their own right!
    source : HK Ocean Park

Dr. Allan Zeman, Chairman of Ocean Park's comment on IASW "That's not something new"

• Will return Soon...

Re: Kung Fu Panda Themed Attraction vs IASW

Think IASW wins this its a playground WOW!!!

It's as lame as Disney calling Water play areas attractions

• Yo!

Sounds like Ocean Park is REALLY grasping at strings with this one.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

A guy called "Hong Kong Disneyland" just has to keep on posting Hong Kong Ocean Park news in the Hong Kong Disneyland forum.

Ocean Park is a nice park and it is getting nicer (I saw a lot of work being carried out there not long ago), but this forum is just not the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    A guy called "Hong Kong Disneyland" just has to keep on posting Hong Kong Ocean Park news in the Hong Kong Disneyland forum.

Ocean Park is a nice park and it is getting nicer (I saw a lot of work being carried out there not long ago), but this forum is just not the right place.
    what's interesting about this is my next post. There is a rumor that the hk premier will be at NP360. How's that for out of the disney topic!

or maybe I should talk about my new job, the color of my curtains, or the weather (no, that could be linked couldn't it?) Then watch the complaints roll in....

• Watch Your Language

you can do whatever you want.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

You have to got to give praise to Ocean Park here, for teaming up with its biggest Animated rival to offer a brand new attraction for the Summer. If a suscess this could lead to more projects between Ocean Park and DreamWorks Animation in the future. This is a great promotion for not only the movie but also the park. I expect the attraction will be a lot like last years Pirates makeover of Adventureland, which included a lot of entertainment and photo ops. If anyone is visiting this please provide pictures

I kind of enjoy hongkongdisneyland threads on other Hong Kong related attractions. If this had been posted in the non Disney park section I would of probarely had missed it. I think seeing so many have a problem with this, we should try and see if the MiceChat team can set up a sub forum connected to the Hong Kong Disneyland forum that non Disney related Hong Kong attraction news can go, that way it won't be missed by those of us who enjoy the news, but also won't upset the small number who only come on here to read and discuss Disney news. I certainly feel all the threads like this Ocean Park thread will impact Disney in some way over the coming years, so its good to see it get a mention!

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    You have to got to give praise to Ocean Park here, for teaming up with its biggest Animated rival to offer a brand new attraction for the Summer. If a suscess this could lead to more projects between Ocean Park and DreamWorks Animation in the future. This is a great promotion for not only the movie but also the park. I expect the attraction will be a lot like last years Pirates makeover of Adventureland, which included a lot of entertainment and photo ops. If anyone is visiting this please provide pictures

I kind of enjoy hongkongdisneyland threads on other Hong Kong related attractions. If this had been posted in the non Disney park section I would of probarely had missed it. I think seeing so many have a problem with this, we should try and see if the MiceChat team can set up a sub forum connected to the Hong Kong Disneyland forum that non Disney related Hong Kong attraction news can go, that way it won't be missed by those of us who enjoy the news, but also won't upset the small number who only come on here to read and discuss Disney news. I certainly feel all the threads like this Ocean Park thread will impact Disney in some way over the coming years, so its good to see it get a mention!
    Yes, thanks for yr support....thumbs up for this micechatter here!!!

it is like "Even if you don't like something, it doesn't mean others won't like it"

some people might like to hear this news because:
    will impact Disney in some way over the coming years, so its good to see it get a mention!
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 04-23-2008 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Let me try to type "****" here.

No. I cannot do whatever I want. Please fix that.

• Watch Your Language

Let me try to type "****" here.

No. I cannot do whatever I want. Please fix that.
    Don't tell me your problem.

Perhaps someone could fix you.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Then you also don't tell me your rubbish.

• Watch Your Language

Then you also don't tell me your rubbish.
    U said u want a fix.

LOL
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 04-25-2008 at 05:12 AM.

• Banned User

Personnally I never understand why people give the OP so much crap about putting in Hong Kong related info here? A. Its not exactly like this section is crammed with nothing but HKDL info and posts already. Majority of the time, its pretty dry in here and B. I think its nice to give people an OVERALL view of things to see and do in HK as I imagine the majority of people who visit there probably know very little about the city in general and the other activities there. I think its safe to say any first visit to HK won't be completely filled just seeing the park lol.

And besides, this happens ALL the time in all the other sections. In the DL section, I just got through reading about Garden Walk, which isn't part of the DLR, but no one is complaining about that.

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

The title of the thread is "Kung Fu Panda Themed Attraction vs IASW" so I really don't see how that is not HKDL related.
    Anyway, back on topic, I really don't see how this "attraction" will even remotely compete with IASW.
    In one corner you have a glaring example of dated immediacy and in the other corner you have a masterful attraction that has stood the test of time and been proven to appeal to audiences of any age.
    Seems like no contest to me.
    wishesjake and SleepingBeauty867

• Friendly Hong KongStalker

Ocean Park's really pushing it now, comparing a playground to a great ride which has entertained generations for over 50 years.
    Chuck Norris decided to sell his urine as an energy drink. It is now known as 'Red Bull'.