Thread: HKDL on May day

HKDL on May day

Ok, So the Chinese no longer have a week long holiday for labour day. That just means that all of them that can rush across the border for the few days they have. I'm being synical so no rude comments please. It was an exhausting day. The park was PACKED! In some areas it was impossible to move.

For all you nay-sayers, at one point the Small World ride wait time was 105 minutes!

I spoke to a cast member and she said they expected the park to be a bit busy, but nothing at all like it was. Everything had hour long wait times. We had to wait until almost 3 to have lunch because there was just no where to sit down.

The janitors were going to paint the sidewalk with the small world logo again, but they couldn't because of the traffic flow. They settled for one doll, an outline of chip n' dale, and one other.

An impromptu/unscheduled Kidzzone was set up in Adventure land. I didn't see any "games" being played anywhere.

We went on a sticker hunt (a new design/set of 18 is being given out by the custodial staff) but all were gone by 3:00.

7 hours in the park, and all we did was hunt stickers, ride small world 2x and JRC once. I was just not going to stand in those ridiculous lines.

A bit of a rumor for all. Adventure land has a zone fenced off between The lion king and the smoking area near the Tarzan rafts. The sign says "bringing new magic to you" We asked, but they wouldn't tell us what it was. Just that it would be ready in 2 months time. Not an E ticket then. Anyone willing to speculate on what can be done in two months? Is there a movie coming out this summer that could have an Adventureland overlay? Or is it another game zone, or a small ride? I did get it confirmed that it wasn't more toilets! With a very hearty laugh from the man I asked.
    Last edited by Katsmom; 05-01-2008 at 05:18 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: HKDL on May day

I was at HKDL as well today! we had just brought a premium pass for my grandmother, it was crowded....very crowded, the only ride i went to was the DL railroad! I had to show my Grandma around we couldn't afford to have her get tired...shes 76 yrs old....i was shocked to see IASW attracting crowds, 115 mins for a 8 min ride that is targeted for young people! but atleast the weather today was good, i'm takin' my grandma again tommorow and hope there'll be less people...

• Banned User

Wow, this ride is actually bringing in the crowds! Good news for the park.

• Minion

ORWEN: Hello, Katsmom, duckling!! Hello, Malin, gosling!! And thank you both for your trip reports.

ORDDU: I believe we were just reading something, recently, which said the locals over there tend to take their time when eating out and that this means it's more difficult for guests to find empty tables at the park's restaurants. It would seem the guests over there tend to take more time to relax and enjoy their meals--rather than to rush through everything the way so many American guests do.

ORWEN: I like to take my time when I eat, too.

ORGOCH: In a bat's butt!! Why, there oughtta be a LAW agin' the way ya enhales food so fast!! Yer one a the main reasons ev'rybody's worried 'bout a world food shortage.

ORWEN: Malin, do you have any suggestions for a place to send a certain nasty old biddy on a permanent vacation--where she can NEVER come back from?!

I think the park has underestimated the number of visitors since it allows value annual passholders to go to the park.
    宇多田ヒカル、待望の5thアルバム「HEART STATION」3月19日発売!!!
    予約購入者先着特典「宇多田ヒカルB2サイズ オリジナル・ポスター」

Katsmom, the biggest Disney movie this summer is probably "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian".

I guess that would be an adventure of sorts. I still wonder what they will do then. It's only one small area. We rode the train yestersday and Disney has the green fencing up on the back so you can'[t see much, but the wind blows and well, there is nothing there yet that I could see. It looks as though they have taken out some of the rocks from Lion King, and are therefore expanding that area. With Pirates, they just built the game in the area during normal hours. Now you see it kind of thing. This one is hidden.
    And, Mickey's house is gone with a sign saying they are bringing something soon. What could that be? Is the pixar studio thing for summer housed in a building, or is it a trailer type attraction?

• HKDL is in my timezone!

The official website also says the Opera House is closed from 11th May, I'm guessing for the Art of Animation that is meant to be coming this year.

Any views of the Adventureland work from the treehouse?
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Oh, I forgot the other big Disney summer movie: Wall-E. It is done by Pixar.

• Minion

ORDDU: At first my sisters and I were going to suggest that this new 'attraction' for Adventureland might have something to do with the new Indiana Jones movie that's coming out. But then we realized Indiana Jone isn't a Disney movie and the only reason Disneyland is doing anything to promote it is because of the tie in for the attraction they have in THEIR Adventureland. So, it's still anyone's guess as to what will be going on in Hong Kong. We'll wait patiently until the Katsmom is let out of the bag...

I'm glad you're waiting Until I get "let out of the bag.." rather than until I become an old bag! although the way I feel this morning, I'm not sure which will come first...