Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Wink Re: China has given the green light for Shanghai Disney Resort, Oriental News & Sun N

Quote Originally Posted by CheriBibi View Post
    I'm so delighted ! Another big resort, it's obvious it's gonna be something to be proud of, something really big with a unique Magic Kingdom Park. A

At last a new shiny and worth visiting (kidding, Hong Kong is not that bad) Magic Kingdom park ! Time to change the name fo my blog hehe... from 5 Kingdoms to 6 Kingdoms

I'm glad I'm not your kid off in college.

Am I something to be proud of, worth visiting?

Does Mommy love me?

• Minion

Re: China has given the green light for Shanghai Disney Resort, Oriental News & Sun N

ORDDU: As I mentioned earlier, who knows if this venture will turn out to be anything more elaborate than a hotel with one or two attractions connected to it, as Jay Rasulo has been talking about doing for some time?

Re: China has given the green light for Shanghai Disney Resort, Oriental News & Sun N

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: As I mentioned earlier, who knows if this venture will turn out to be anything more elaborate than a hotel with one or two attractions connected to it, as Jay Rasulo has been talking about doing for some time?
    That really depends on how much Shanghai is paying.

Since Shanghai govt have not donated much to the Sichuan earthquake disaster (just about 3% of what HK govt is donating), they should have plenty of attractions and hotels built there.

This isn't happening.

Disney wanted it more than the Chinese government and it was supposed to be a major park, albeit not a MK-style concept.

• Minion

Jim hill just posted an UP TO DATE blog about this topic.
    http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...september.aspx

Many Jim Hill readers are concerned that China will be reluctant to embrace our Western culture and one poster sites the South China Mall as a chilling example of what might happen. http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...206990272/1042

Personally, I think while a park in Shanghai would not be too excessive, the Disney park brand is starting to reassemble starbucks or Macdonald's.

It could actually be a smart move for Disney. They have also learned a bit from building a small MK park in Hong Kong so this one might solve some of those problems.

If Jim hill is right, i also like the idea of the park taking another direction. Using properties of both Disney animation and Pixar animation to create themed areas instead of trying to shoehorn them into existing lands. The diference in its aproach might give people a reason to visit both asian parks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    Personally, I think while a park in Shanghai would not be too excessive, the Disney park brand is starting to reassemble starbucks or Macdonald's.
    The way they approached Hong Kong was flawed...Shanghai sounds much more promising, if what Mr. Hill says is true (September's not far off, so we'll see soon enough). Personally I think 6 resorts worldwide is hardly equivalent to thousands of Starbucks. China is certainly big enough to accomodate 2 Disney resorts but it's unfortunate that they did not give enough time for HKDL to develop a solid footing before moving elsewhere in China.
    Down with the Hat

Today Apple Daily also reported that Shanghai Disneyland will be announced after the Beijing Olympics. It has taken 10 years to finalize the deal.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I'm going to be the cynical one again:

How many times has Shanghai said that THEY have approved a Disney park, when nobody else seems to know about it?

I may as well start issuing press releases claiming I am now fully prepared for Disney to open a them park in my flat, but it doesn't necessarily make it so.

Personally, I think that they should stop building new parks. The "brand" is overextended as it is. The mega-park, such as WDW, always felt a bit too much to me anyways.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, you wouldn't have to go to all the trouble to have a Disney theme park built and opened in your flat in order to attract a certain witch to come there, Loomis, duckling. The main attraction to your flat is already there....

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    How many times has Shanghai said that THEY have approved a Disney park, when nobody else seems to know about it?
    Because, my dear Watson, news doesn't travel well from China here to the states.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Wink Re: China has given the green light for Shanghai Disney Resort, Oriental News & Sun N

ok the olympics are over. any announcement yet?

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Minion

That was the subject of the Mayor of Beijing's speech at the closing ceremonies... NBC-Universal refused to translate it.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Honestly, this is terrible. Am I the only one who once thought four Disney resorts was a lot?
    Sounds like Disney is starting to take a Starbuck's approach with their parks.

When are they going to build one in Canada?

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Sounds like Disney is starting to take a Starbuck's approach with their parks.

When are they going to build one in Canada?
    i hear an announcement is coming after the 2010 vancouver olympics.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast