HK Disneyland Opening question

I'm going to be in Hong Kong from September 9th thru the 13th. I desperately want to go to Hong Kong Disneyland. I realize the opening is on the 12th, but their web site lists their operating hours that from only 1pm to 9pm. I could go the next day, but it would be cutting it a little cloes to make my midnight flight home. But, now I am reading about the soft openings going on. So my question is how does one find out if the park is going to be open on let's say the 10th or the 11th?

Thanks!

• Banned User

Re: HK Disneyland Opening question

jadoe,
    This is what I have heard so far from insiders at Disney... (so be advised this info may not be correct)... It is possible that HKDL may not be opened for previews the weekend before the 12th in order to prepare the park for the grand opening celebration and invited Press and VIP's. So that could mean that the 10th and 11th (Sat and Sun) HKDL may or may not be opened.

As for previews... I have been told that you may or may not ba able to enter the park depending on several operational issues... like capacity or other reasons... I was also told that only local guests with SAR cards were allowed to visit during rehearsal days.. but AGAIN... this is what I have heard. If I were you...I would just show up at the park in the morning and see if you can just buy a ticket at the door. I will be in Hong Kong on Sept 5th and may just try to do that.

As for missing your midnight flight out of Hong Kong Intl Airport.... DO NOT fear. It only takes 10 minutes from HKDLR to the Airport by Taxi, and taxis are not that expensive in this area. Or you can take the train from HKDL station to Sunny Bay (4 mins) then connect to the MTR orange line that takes you into HK Intl in mere minutes as well... So trust me on this...If the park closes at 9pm, and your flight leaves at midnight, you will be at the HK Airport with plenty of time to check in for your flight. My advise is to have your departure boarding cards pre-issued or check in on line as soon as your airline allows to do so. But again... HKDLR is only 10-15 mins away via taxi from the airport.

Make plans to enjoy HKDL and have FUN!!!

Thanks for the info! I'll see if I can get in before the 12th, but I think you are right to think that it would be closed that weekend. As far as going opening day, I really wanted to go and be there for the historic event, but the fact the park is only open a half day is steering me towards the 13th. We'll see. Again thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by jadoe
    I'm going to be in Hong Kong from September 9th thru the 13th. I desperately want to go to Hong Kong Disneyland. I realize the opening is on the 12th, but their web site lists their operating hours that from only 1pm to 9pm. I could go the next day, but it would be cutting it a little cloes to make my midnight flight home. But, now I am reading about the soft openings going on. So my question is how does one find out if the park is going to be open on let's say the 10th or the 11th?

Thanks!
    From the official paper I got from the resort these are the only days scheduled for their Rehearsal days: September: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,
    Hope that helps.