• Minion

Will there be a Castle Walk-thru for HKDL?

ORWEN: Greetings to all you sleepy little Peking ducklings out there in Hong Kong. As some of you may have already found out in the Disneyland Section of Mice Chat, rumors are running rampant that their Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-thru attraction is finally being re-built. So, my question to all of you is this: how possible do you think it might be for Hong Kong Disneyland to go ahead and create their own version of a Sleeping Beauty Castle walk thru? I mean, they already have the same castle. And I remember reading on MiceAge that--when Hong Kong's Sleeping Beauty Castle was being built--it was created for the POSSIBILITY of a castle walk-thru or at least SOME kind of interior show or shop.

ORDDU: A castle walk-thru would be wonderful for the locals over there. It would also give Katsmom and Loomis another excuse to meet up at the park again for the 'royal awakening' ceremony. Anyone willing to take pictures of that???

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: Will there be a Castle Walk-thru for HKDL?

mmmmmmmm, now a days, Disney only wants to bring think to parks that will make "money" so i think they wouldn't speny money on a walk-through that they can't advertse an attraction so subtle and small to get ppl to come. So i doubt they would.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    mmmmmmmm, now a days, Disney only wants to bring think to parks that will make "money" so i think they wouldn't speny money on a walk-through that they can't advertse an attraction so subtle and small to get ppl to come. So i doubt they would.
    i'm not so sure about that. liki tikis, anyone?

• Minion

ORWEN: Me either, Malice, because Alan Littaye already said the castle at Hong Kong was built in mind to have SOMETHING going on inside. Even if it's not the traditional walk-thru attraction, they might put in a shop or two.

ORGOCH: Well, Good Lord! I hope it don't turn out ta be one a them prissy princess-type boutiques like they went 'n put in ta Cindersmelly's Castle in Florida!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

With the limited number of attractions in HKDL, it would seem like a good thing to add, just to give the guests one more thing to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    With the limited number of attractions in HKDL, it would seem like a good thing to add, just to give the guests one more thing to experience.
    I dunno though I mean even compared to the Tiki's would this get much attention? It's incredibly ignorable/forgotten in DL (to everyone but the local APer)

HKDL DOES need the attraction count though

maybe it'd be appendaged on as a filler attraction for their next expansion (like all the fillers that happened with IASW)

• Minion

ORDDU: I believe it WOULD get lots of attention--if for no other reason than because of the LACK of anything else to do! Aside from that--even if there WERE a lot more things to do--it would still get just the right amount of attention because there are still enough guests around who can appreciate those quiet, out of the way attractions that are missed by others.

ORWEN: And if Disney Management did enough to promote it, that would be another way for guests and PeKing ducklings everywhere to find out about it. I say bring it on!! I just KNOW a walk through dark passageways inside a castle would be too romantic an idea to pass up!

ORGOCH: Got Flashlights?