Thread: Hk Hm?

Hk Hm?

Okay, I've seen scattered comments about the HK Haunted Mansion, and I want to know exactly whats going on with it. I've heard hat they don't have the space for it, I've heard something about voodoo (intrigue!) and concept art.

Does anyone have any information they can give me? I've heard about concept art for HKHM before, but haven't gotten to see it.

Thanks!
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

• Minion

Re: Hk Hm?

ORDDU: I hear nothing.

ORGOCH: I see nothin'.

ORWEN: I know nothing.

ORGOCH: That's fer DANG sure, sister!

• Banned User

They have the space for it. It will be in Adventureland.

• Watch Your Language

News update: Apple Daily news on 8th July 2008

Unconfirmed sources saying that Haunted Mansion is under construction at Adventureland.

It is to be completed next year.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Your guess is as good as ours. As you already mentioned, there are many threads of speculation, but none are exactly accurate...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

So far no official announcement means Disney has not secured funding for the attraction yet.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    News update: Apple Daily news on 8th July 2008

Unconfirmed sources saying that Haunted Mansion is under construction at Adventureland.

It is to be completed next year.
    lol, next year? sounds highly unlikely. i think the construction is for the new location of the successful haunted hotel walkthrough from last year's halloween offerings which was located at the current site of mickey's "house" on main street.

• Minion

ORDDU: You're most likely correct in your assessment, Malice, dear. My sisters and I even recall the former Mice Chatter who came around last year about this time to report that he was involved in building the sets for the temporary haunted house attraction just around the corner from Main Street. It wouldn't surprise us at all to find out that Hong Kong Disneyland Management has decided to use those same sets in a 'temporary fix' type of haunted house over in Adventureland--until the 'higher ups' have decided upon a more permanent attraction.

ORWEN: I guess they're just doing the best they can with what they have to work with.