Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Haunted Mansion getting built at Adventureland, Apple Daily

ORDDU: So would we. After all, it's really the most logical place for a Haunted Mansion to be located. Every town in America is supposed to have at least one haunted mansion in its midst.

• Banned User

I think that an Adventureland version should share a storyline with the Tower of Terror in Tokyo, Maybe have it as an Adventurer's Club-type building with various artifacts strewn along the walls in the Foyer and Loading, and then have portraits in the stretching room of Hightower in his adventures, revealing perilous situations, then Shiriki Utundu laughs and zaps the room, revealing the story of how he got the idol and what happened when he did. The Portrait Gallery should be included with pictures of Him, with the idol on one side and a picture of the Mansion on the other, and periodically have Shiriki open his eyes and zap the portraits to reveal their current states. Then board your Doom Buggies in the area behind the house, with a shadow of the Hightower Hotel in the background, and your travel into the front doors of the hotel and see ghosts of past residents of the hotel enjoying their night, then past the endless hallway with Shiriki appearing and disappearing randomly, then passing through a new scene with the ghost of Hightower warning you to stay away from the idol in place of the person trying to get out of the coffin, you then pass through a hotel hallway, with random doors being overcome in the green lightening that Shiriki shoots from his eyes, with pictures of Hightower in various poses on the wall, one of then with Shiriki, which would then light up and green light would spread from the picture to various doors. You then pass a table with the Idol floating above along with many artifacts, cackling and zapping portions of the wall while Hightower looks on, terrified. Your would then go to the Ballroom, where just like the ride, the ghosts of past guests are enjoying their night together, only from time to time Shiriki appears in the walls. You then go to the storage area filled with props and artifacts, where an animatronic of Hightower with Shiriki in his arms points the way out: to the graveyard behind the mansion. It would then basically be the same as Disneyland's from then on, except Shiriki would be disappearing and reappearing around the graveyard. The Hitchhiking Ghosts would be replaced with a new animatronic of Shiriki cackling as a figure of Hightower warns you of what could happen next. You would then pass the mirrors where green lightning would zap them and you would dissappear.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    What next POTC in Tomorrowland and Star Tours in Frontierland.
    HM's around the world

DL - NOS
    MK - Liberty Square
    TDL - Fantasyland
    DLP - Frontierland

Hong Kong Disneyland always had Haunted Mansion destined for adventureland.

It was first drawn out to be built in the northen area next to the rivers edge.

Amazingly, Hong Kong had a very succesful haunted house walkthru on maintreet for Halloween

From what i have heard the storyline for Hong Kong's Haunted Mansion would enterwine with the future pirates area

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Hong Kong Disneyland always had Haunted Mansion destined for adventureland.

It was first drawn out to be built in the northen area next to the rivers edge.

Amazingly, Hong Kong had a very succesful haunted house walkthru on maintreet for Halloween

From what i have heard the storyline for Hong Kong's Haunted Mansion would enterwine with the future pirates area
    To quote the original 1999 press release (http://homepage.hkdlsource.com/park/announcement): "Frontierland is a walk right into the American Old West of the 1880s. Here park guests explore a frontier outpost at Fort Comstock. They might also take a frightfully funny trip through a haunted mansion".

The Main Street Haunted Hotel was quite successful last year from what I understand, but went for a decidedly more 'scary' feel than your traditional Disneyland Haunted Mansion:

http://multimedia.hkdlsource.com/gallery/image/1115
    http://multimedia.hkdlsource.com/gallery/image/1116
    http://multimedia.hkdlsource.com/gallery/image/1117

The other rumour that this is getting fused with seems to be the one for a Pirates Themed Land from January 2007, published here by Al Lutz:

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al010907a.htm

He described:

The queue will take waiting passengers quite literally through the streets and back alleys of Port Royal, similar to the large scale of the Indiana Jones Adventure queue. The ten minute-plus ride will then use all of the snazzy effects of the Disneyland version, including a Blue Bayou restaurant inside, but also add new effects like real fire instead of crinkling plastic and new show scenes that are taken directly from the movies.

The area surrounding the big ride building will be themed as the over the top Caribbean seaport seen in the films (stills above), and there will also be a handful of C and D Ticket rides built in the area that are also themed to pirates. Many of these smaller Hong Kong pirate attractions are also being considered as possibilities for a second phase of Tom Sawyer Island construction back in Anaheim. A semi-circular lagoon will front this huge expansion area, and it will be used for the Hong Kong version of Fantasmic! themed to... you guessed it, pirates! Additional stores and restaurants (what else?) will fill in the nooks and crannies of this new park area.

Just beyond the Pirates of the Caribbean building, up on a small hill, will sit the next E Ticket planned for Hong Kong, the Haunted Mansion. While the pirate area will strike out into new design territory based on Port Royal's architecture, the Haunted Mansion will more closely resemble the Disneyland original as a big white house with stately columns. The Haunted Mansion hasn't begun advanced design yet, but the story for that attraction will tie in with the pirates and sea captains that inhabit the nearby port. It would likely open a couple years after Pirates.
    Fuel was added to that particular fire when an annual report released not long after used this image:

We have plenty to keep our imaginations going until we know a little more about this construction. However, all of these rumours have been in the pipeline for so long now, one tends to give up hope every time one hears them again. I can hope and dream, but I'll just maintain it is a new fancy toilet block until I hear otherwise.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

high resolution of the art

• DLRP, Number 1!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Now that you guys bring that up, I am now excited to see how the imagineers work their magic to make a HM in Adventureland. I wonder what the theme will be...?

When the rumours first started about the HM theme for Adventureland, the voodoo theme was widely reported. Anyone know if this is still on the drawing board?

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Bennettshui, how did you take such a small image and enlarge it with no distortion?
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Bennettshui, how did you take such a small image and enlarge it with no distortion?
    I'm going to take a wild guess & say that he/she already had a higher resolution copy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess & say that he/she already had a higher resolution copy.
    Then the question would be where he/she got that. But I have only seen the small picture from the official Disney photos. Even Alain Littaye, who often posts high res pics of renders, posted only a grainy enlargement of the small picture.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Then the question would be where he/she got that. But I have only seen the small picture from the official Disney photos. Even Alain Littaye, who often posts high res pics of renders, posted only a grainy enlargement of the small picture.
    I've seen the high res one somewhere before.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

I have one question regarding this new monorail.

I thought the indoor color (as much as I adore the color blue) was going to glow red (since its Monorail Red).

And then the blue train coming up will have blue lights and then the orange (?) one will have orange.

I wonder if they are just going to stick to the blue color? Has anyone seen the cabin glow red?

Oh my. I'm so sorry! I had two Micechat windows opened and I accidentally typed my response in this one... so sorry!
    Last edited by Maleficent Fan; 07-11-2008 at 08:22 PM.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Banned User

I didn't even know you could scratch an entire post with a line throughout like that^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    To quote the original 1999 press release (http://homepage.hkdlsource.com/park/announcement): "Frontierland is a walk right into the American Old West of the 1880s. Here park guests explore a frontier outpost at Fort Comstock. They might also take a frightfully funny trip through a haunted mansion".

The Main Street Haunted Hotel was quite successful last year from what I understand, but went for a decidedly more 'scary' feel than your traditional Disneyland Haunted Mansion:

Wow i had forgotten about the original press release when frontierland was still an idea for a possible land as part of the park. Frontierland was removed from the plans before the actual park layout started to take effect though.

Here this might interest a few people

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/show...30&postcount=9

This person has posted a link to a picture he uploaded of the original blueprints before some of the cuts were made.

The Haunted Mansion, thunder mountain and what looks like splash are all in adventureland areas.
    The Mansion is at the north waters edge.

Thunder mountain, a future attraction showroom and Splash or raging spirits is on the western edge of the expansion area where the walkway and udnerpass is being built
    Last edited by Baloo; 07-11-2008 at 11:30 PM.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I was looking at that blueprint thread the other day. Maybe it's my eyes, but I can't make one thing out from the other. However, if everyone says that's a Splash Mountain, I'll go with it

It does clearly show extended plots of land. I don't think there is any doubt that HKDL was meant to be bigger, but how quickly we get embiggened is a very cromulent question.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast