Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Haunted Mansion getting built at Adventureland, Apple Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    I was looking at that blueprint thread the other day. Maybe it's my eyes, but I can't make one thing out from the other. However, if everyone says that's a Splash Mountain, I'll go with it

It does clearly show extended plots of land. I don't think there is any doubt that HKDL was meant to be bigger, but how quickly we get embiggened is a very cromulent question.

I can't make much out of the blueprints either, but I remember seeing it in the China pavilion at EPCOT, and you could clearly see extended land under the RR tracks in Adventureland for future expansion.

Disney embiggens HKDL.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Why not? Personally, I would love to see the new haunted mansion built on Main Street USA.
    I was thinking Main Street too!

Is the theming for every HM in all the parks basically the same? Cuz it would make more sense to put it in Main Street if it is. I dunno how theyre gonna put Haunted Mansion in Adventureland and make it fit unless they retheme the ride all together.

Then again HM in Fantasyland makes just as little sense.

I'm not familiar with the blueprints you guys are talking about, but I can tell you for a fact that neither Splash Mountain nor Big Thunder were ever on the drawing board for HKDL.

Frontierland was going to have three 'big' attractions: a version of DLP's Phantom Manor, the Lewis and Clark Wilderness Rafts that were designed for Disney's America and, yes, the 3D It's Tough To Be a Bug.

Early concepts for Pirates, which would be in A-Land, did feature a Splash Mountain type finale out of a giant, flaming (real fire) skull. I honestly don't know what they plan on at this point.

And while there have been some concepts tossed around for a Main Street Mansion, it will go in A-land is very, very, very likely to have DL's famous facade with a different take on the inside.

WDW1974, here is the link to the blueprints dated 2002

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/show...30&postcount=9

You are right about the drop sequence for Pirates. I remember it being described to me when the park was being designed but i believe that at one point there was a thunder mountain in consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    I was looking at that blueprint thread the other day. Maybe it's my eyes, but I can't make one thing out from the other. However, if everyone says that's a Splash Mountain, I'll go with it

It does clearly show extended plots of land. I don't think there is any doubt that HKDL was meant to be bigger, but how quickly we get embiggened is a very cromulent question.

You could see the Haunted Mansion on the northern edge of the park right next to the rivers of america. On the right side of that you could see the Toontown section of fantasyland outside of the berm and if you follow the plan clockwise you could see the IASW show building with the entrance within the berm instead of outside.

Those plans were from 2002 and no autopia is visible. Instead there is another showroom in that area.

The fantasyland theater is also in a diferent position.

But getting back to Adventureland starting from the southern portion near the Lion king theater there is one large showroom outside of the berm. I believe that is the original location for Pirates which would have had the main waterfall be an exterior element similiar ot Splash. The area around it would had been themed to diferent pirates elements.

Continuing in the same direction is the once proposed Thunder Mountain . Next up is another attraction . Although it has some rockwork it looks like the once proposed clone of raging spirits
    Last edited by Baloo; 07-13-2008 at 06:43 PM.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post

And while there have been some concepts tossed around for a Main Street Mansion, it will go in A-land is very, very, very likely to have DL's famous facade with a different take on the inside.
    lazy imagineering. what happened to new concepts...oh yeah, euro disney killed it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    lazy imagineering. what happened to new concepts...oh yeah, euro disney killed it.
    Let's rephrase that: DISNEY CO. killed it. It easy to blame EuroDisney, but having gotten TDS *after* the Paris park, which still happens to be the most beautiful DL park ever built....it's easy to see that OLC does care about quality in theming, versus Disney trying to make a profit the cheapest way possible..and forgetting that one of their hallmarks should be "to exceed guests' expectation each and every day".

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by DLRPbigfan View Post
    When the rumours first started about the HM theme for Adventureland, the voodoo theme was widely reported. Anyone know if this is still on the drawing board?
    That's what I heard too. I think that would be a really interesting spin on the whole concept, just like the western take on HM in DLP.

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    and IMO this is why HKDL is not doing that well. Who in their right mind builds an OLD park? old castle, old space mountain etc. It's just crazy. I'm less bothered about the place being so small than I am by the fact that they haven't moved anything forward visually. It is exactly as you said Lazy imagineering (although I doubt it is the Imagineers' fault)

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    The facade will have a whole new look, nothing like DL's , WDW's , or DLP's Haunted Mansion. Heck, it won't even be called Haunted Mansion...

• Minion

ORDDU: Could you tell a witch where you got this information from, Nautilus, duckling?

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    The facade will have a whole new look, nothing like DL's , WDW's , or DLP's Haunted Mansion. Heck, it won't even be called Haunted Mansion...
    i'll believe it when i see the rendering/concept art. an announcement in september perhaps?

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Minion

In the blueprint you can clearly see a Star Tours building (has a distinctive "L" shape) where part of Autopia got built.
    Last edited by tasman; 07-27-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    Down with the Hat

• Minion

Here's my interpretation of the blueprint:

Down with the Hat

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Could you tell a witch where you got this information from, Nautilus, duckling?
    Lets just say a little birdie from the inside told me. Of course, that was somewhat old info, things could have changed....

• Minion

Surely you can't discount the possibility of Hong Kong (or Shanghai for that matter) getting a sub land (Liberty Sq./New Orleans Sq./Carribean Plaza) that will include the Mansion.

• Minion

ORDDU: Indeed, it's fun to speculate and that's what MiceChat is all about. There's nothing wrong in sharing what we hear from various sources. At the same time, the Hong Kong Government is in a stalling mode at the moment and it's difficult to guess what they're going to approve and what they aren't going to approve. They don't even seem to know their own minds.

ORWEN: They certainly NEED another big attraction over there and the Haunted Mansion would be wonderful. They already have some sets left over from last year's walk thru attraction. Maybe they'll have some sort of temporary haunted house again before they get permission to build the 'real thing' later.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast