Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    Hey! I forgot this forum existed but I'm a HUGE KH fan(if it weren't for KH, I would be so much in love with Disney!) I gotta say I LOVE this game! For the past two months, I've been playing all the KH games, cause I haven't played them in a really long time! Finished KH fast and I gotta say that one is my favorite, started KH Re:CoM, but I realized how much I HATE that stupid card system so I just stopped in Wonderland! GOD I HATE THE CARD SYSTEM! Now I'm doing double duty doing KH2 and KH 385! And right now I'm LOVE 385! I think it's better than 2 but not as good as 1! I'm on day 155 and I love a lot about the game! I had to borrow my friend's DS since I'm too poor!

    Pros: GREAT graphics! There is some voice acting, great number of worlds and the story is GREAT! Love that they got rid of the stupid card system and that the gameplay is similar to the PS2 games!

    Cons: Camera control sucks! Sometimes I don't even know what I'm hitting! Worlds are an after thought seeing as most were just copied from the first game. Not a big fan of the panel system, and I wish there was more voice acting!

    Alll in all a great addition to the KH series! I can't wait to see what happens next and see why Xion never shows up in the other games!

  2. #62

    • Who are you again?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    764

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    this game is fun! even though im knoe plsying Bowser's Inside Stroy and im on day 35-something or other...as in day three hundred fifty something....bah






    I HAVE CHORTLES!
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

  3. #63

    • Only the Lonely
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    wasteland
    Posts
    9,805
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    Hello everyone...has anyone passed day 171...there is a boss that it is hard to kill any tips would defeinetly apperciate..

    Chris...cositaluvsmickey's nephew
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney





    Posts: 7,777 4x the Luck




    [


  4. #64

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    Hello everyone...has anyone passed day 171...there is a boss that it is hard to kill any tips would defeinetly apperciate..

    Chris...cositaluvsmickey's nephew
    I'm on day 195, 175 is where it's two giant heartless and it you Xion and Axel. right? Well the first one is easy enough, if you mean the giant gardian, that one was a toughie at first, but it pretty simple. It's easy to see when its gonna do a laser beam attack. Thats when you go behind him and you'll avoid the beam easily. He does two kinds, one single beam, which is harder to dodge and two beams, which is easier and you can just go between the two beams while still attacking.

    Hope that helps, if you need more help, just ask!

  5. #65

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    Well, I FINALLY finished this game this weekend! It's very strange for me though. Never has a game been both annoying and compelling at the same time. I was (and am) annoyed at the story. Sometimes it feels like it's dragging on horribly, and nothing of much substance is happening other than stupid sea salt ice cream. Then, you get to nuggets of story and it's better. Still, I find overall that the game goes on way too long without you knowing what the heck is going on. I wish the characters would have been less one-dimensional and actually had better conversations with each other. I wanted to punch both Roxas, and Xion because a lot of the time they wouldn't even communicate, just say nothing, or decide not to share what was on their minds. I think if they had, things would have come to a conclusion much quicker.

    Oh, and trust me, by the end, you WILL find out why it is Xion is not mentioned at all in KH2.

    Now, on the same token, I've been so compelled to keep playing this game, despite the story frustration. It is fun to play, and it's like I want to finish to get to the good parts. Although even now that I've finished, I find myself going back and completing everything, doing mission mode, and the challenges. There are a lot of items & equipment I still need.

    The graphics are ok for the DS. Nowhere near as smooth as the first 2 games, but that's expected. They do look good for what they are, but there were a few instances where I think they could have not had a zoomed-in view of some things. Like when Roxas or Xion is holding the keyblade, it's an extremely blocky version because it's zoomed-in. Meanwhile, the characters look normal...it's just weird. The clocktower has the same problem with the clock face looking more blocky than the building...oh well.

    The controls are pretty good, despite the bad camera. I had my finger on the L button to fix my angle all the time. I'm SO happy they didn't go with the card system. I agree with you, FutureImagineer183, that the Chain of Memories system is horrible. I stopped playing that game for the same reason you did. It wasn't even so much the actual battles, because I could figure that out and create good enough decks. It was the using of the cards to open new doors, and some of them required specific cards that were very hard to earn or find. So, I would run out of cards and not be able to open doors....very frustrating. So, I cheated, and just watched all of the cut scenes on Youtube to learn the story, LOL!

  6. #66

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Well, I FINALLY finished this game this weekend! It's very strange for me though. Never has a game been both annoying and compelling at the same time. I was (and am) annoyed at the story. Sometimes it feels like it's dragging on horribly, and nothing of much substance is happening other than stupid sea salt ice cream. Then, you get to nuggets of story and it's better. Still, I find overall that the game goes on way too long without you knowing what the heck is going on. I wish the characters would have been less one-dimensional and actually had better conversations with each other. I wanted to punch both Roxas, and Xion because a lot of the time they wouldn't even communicate, just say nothing, or decide not to share what was on their minds. I think if they had, things would have come to a conclusion much quicker.

    Oh, and trust me, by the end, you WILL find out why it is Xion is not mentioned at all in KH2.

    Now, on the same token, I've been so compelled to keep playing this game, despite the story frustration. It is fun to play, and it's like I want to finish to get to the good parts. Although even now that I've finished, I find myself going back and completing everything, doing mission mode, and the challenges. There are a lot of items & equipment I still need.

    The graphics are ok for the DS. Nowhere near as smooth as the first 2 games, but that's expected. They do look good for what they are, but there were a few instances where I think they could have not had a zoomed-in view of some things. Like when Roxas or Xion is holding the keyblade, it's an extremely blocky version because it's zoomed-in. Meanwhile, the characters look normal...it's just weird. The clocktower has the same problem with the clock face looking more blocky than the building...oh well.

    The controls are pretty good, despite the bad camera. I had my finger on the L button to fix my angle all the time. I'm SO happy they didn't go with the card system. I agree with you, FutureImagineer183, that the Chain of Memories system is horrible. I stopped playing that game for the same reason you did. It wasn't even so much the actual battles, because I could figure that out and create good enough decks. It was the using of the cards to open new doors, and some of them required specific cards that were very hard to earn or find. So, I would run out of cards and not be able to open doors....very frustrating. So, I cheated, and just watched all of the cut scenes on Youtube to learn the story, LOL!
    I agree with you on most of your post but I disagree with a few of your points.

    First, the reason Roxas and Xion don't communicate that much is because they are nobodies, it's made VERY clear throughtout the story that they have no hearts and therefore can't really feel emotions or can't really think for that matter. I still have yet to beat the game(day 225), but I think it's getting real good and I have a feeling the ending is going to be a huge twist! Right now I'm loving the story! I just wish there were actual cut scenes and not so much reading! It kinda gets annoying after a while.

    The graphics ARE AMAZING! Of course they are not up to par to KH or KH2, but thats to be expected! This game has the best graphics EVER seen on a DS, I haven't seen anyother DS with this high level of graphics. It's understandable, but I still think they should have just made this game for PS2/3. There really is no reason I saw to make for the DS. It doesn't really use the system to it's fullest. The main feature of the DS is the touchscreen, and you will find that you never use it! And all the controls are almost Identical to that of a PS2, idk why they decided to go with the DS when they could have done so much more with a PS2 and made it more! But I bet you anything they're gonna make a remake for the PS2 or 3! They did it for CoM, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it for this game.

    Would also like to add, they really messed up with Neverland, I really can't stand fighting while flying! They made that REALLY hard and I find myself trying to avoid those missions(but I do them eventually)!

  7. #67

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I agree with you on most of your post but I disagree with a few of your points.

    First, the reason Roxas and Xion don't communicate that much is because they are nobodies, it's made VERY clear throughtout the story that they have no hearts and therefore can't really feel emotions or can't really think for that matter. I still have yet to beat the game(day 225), but I think it's getting real good and I have a feeling the ending is going to be a huge twist! Right now I'm loving the story! I just wish there were actual cut scenes and not so much reading! It kinda gets annoying after a while.
    Well, they also make a point to say that both Roxas and Xion are "special nobodies". The others assume they don't have hearts. So, Roxas is constantly being told he doesn't have one...so he trusts them. He has feelings, but thinks they aren't real. Also, Xion is a very special case, and since you haven't finished yet, I won't spoil any of that. Lets just say her situation is very different from Roxas'. The thing is, if they have no hearts, they wouldn't be able to feel anything, which clearly, they both do...at one point crying even. During the game, they both feel like they have something important to tell each other...I mean Roxas writes about it in his diary like every day. But, for some reason, he withholds information when they're together. I'm just saying that they spent way too much time in the game focusing on just sitting on the clock tower eating ice cream, and not enough character development. It's only at the end you get the really good stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    The graphics ARE AMAZING! Of course they are not up to par to KH or KH2, but thats to be expected! This game has the best graphics EVER seen on a DS, I haven't seen anyother DS with this high level of graphics. It's understandable, but I still think they should have just made this game for PS2/3. There really is no reason I saw to make for the DS. It doesn't really use the system to it's fullest. The main feature of the DS is the touchscreen, and you will find that you never use it! And all the controls are almost Identical to that of a PS2, idk why they decided to go with the DS when they could have done so much more with a PS2 and made it more! But I bet you anything they're gonna make a remake for the PS2 or 3! They did it for CoM, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it for this game.
    Mmm...I'm not sure I agree that they are the best graphics on the DS. Play some other Square games, like Final Fantasy III and IV...also Wizard of OZ Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (not Square). Those games have even better graphics than this does. I think what hurts it in the looks department is it's reuse of previous areas exactly as they were in both KH games. So, they are easy to compare to the better looking versions in the other games. Still, I do think it is a very good looking DS game, and they managed to get some large areas programmed in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Would also like to add, they really messed up with Neverland, I really can't stand fighting while flying! They made that REALLY hard and I find myself trying to avoid those missions(but I do them eventually)!
    I didn't mind the flying parts, what I hated are the stupid Organization Emblem hunts...I hate those missions! I did like that they at least gave us more of Neverland. We got to explore a tiny bit of the land, and then the rock islands. So, it wasn't just confined to the ship like the other games.

  8. #68

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,978
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    I've worked my way up to defeating heartless in the Coloseum. The problem is that I'm not doing very well. I need to get better at casting magic. I liked the original game much better. When I wasn't strong enough, I would just level myself up as much as I could, fighting heartless in other areas, and then go back and try again.

    Slowly, but not necessarily surely for me.

  9. #69

    • Wait, what?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rainier, OR
    Posts
    7,245
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    I am on day 226.
    I am enjoying the game, it's not as good as the console versions, but it's far superior to Chain of Memories.

  10. #70

    • Berm Buster
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    296

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    Beat the game yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed myself while I played the game. It was good and what's great is the replay value in that I still have to do all of the challenges and complete Mission Mode. With that being said, I really liked this game. Especially for a game that was just on the DS.

  11. #71

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    The challenges are very difficult for me! Especially collecting the Organization Emblems...I hate those missions! I always manage to miss one. I'm only missing one unlockable character...and it's because I need to finish all missions at 100%. I know that's going to take me a while...

  12. #72

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oakland CA
    Posts
    5,731
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    In Agrabah, how do you get to the box on top of the building in the Bazaar? I was told that you need the High Jump tecnique from Halloween Town. I've got it but I still can't jump high enough to get the box. Is there something else I need to get?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

  13. #73

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    In Agrabah, how do you get to the box on top of the building in the Bazaar? I was told that you need the High Jump tecnique from Halloween Town. I've got it but I still can't jump high enough to get the box. Is there something else I need to get?
    You have to "stack" the panels for that high jump, and an air glide might help too. There is a panel that allows you to have a couple jump icons, so you can go higher. You won't be able to get those things until later in the game, so there is some backtracking to earlier missions to get the treasures you couldn't reach before.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Similar Threads

  1. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days DSi Bundle!!!
    By AlwaysImagineer in forum Kingdom Hearts Series
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 11:39 PM
  2. Kingdom Hearts Help!
    By KingdomHeartsfan1 in forum Kingdom Hearts Series
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 11:23 AM
  3. HELP - Kingdom Hearts
    By mzskinnypiggy in forum Kingdom Hearts Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 10:09 AM
  4. Please help me! (Kingdom Hearts)
    By dark_nightmares93 in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 11:35 PM
  5. Kingdom Hearts 2
    By Disneyman1973 in forum Kingdom Hearts Series
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 03:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •