Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I'm the Doctor

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

LOS ANGELES and LONDON (December 20, 2011) — Square Enix, Inc. and Square Enix Ltd., the publishers of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, Europe and across PAL territories, today announced fans of the popular KINGDOM HEARTS series will be able to experience a new 3–D adventure next year with the North American and European release of KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance], specifically for the Nintendo 3DS™ system. The new game's spectacular story promises to be a fun backdrop to the colorful cast of Disney characters making their 3–D debut on a handheld title. In addition to new worlds, KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] will feature never–before–seen gameplay elements for the series.
    "With the tenth anniversary of the series on the horizon, the current KINDGOM HEARTS saga is approaching its climactic conclusion. The story of this game will serve as the opening chapter of the final conflict, and, as always, will be full of surprises. In order to best implement this element of surprise and discover new realms of possibility, we have chosen Nintendo 3DS as our platform. With its revolutionary new game system, this title will not only be a bold, exhilarating tale of adventure, but also a first look into the future form of the KINGDOM HEARTS series," said Tetsuya Nomura, director of KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance].
    It should be noted that this is not the final game as the designers have said KH 3 is being developed. The game will feature brand new worlds. So far what's been confirmed are worlds based on Pinocchio, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Three Musketeers, and Tron: Legacy. Here is a recently release Japanese trailer

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Re: KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

Looks like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga is nigh. I got a 3DS for Christmas and as much as I love Mario Kart 7 and Star Fox, this game is why I wanted the system to begin with! I have actually been doing a Kingdom Hearts marathon for the past few weeks. Replaying all the games in chronological order, on the highest difficulty available. That right there should tell you how much I am obsessed with the series. The game looks fantastic and I wish Mice Chat had some sort of spoiler hider so I could post my incredibly geeky dissection of the trailer without feeling guilty. Can't wait to play it, now if you will excuse me, I have to go level grind so I have a hope of defeating Larxene.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Become part of MY world!

OMG I TOTALLY flipped when I watched that trailer! The ONLY reason I'm going to be getting a 3DS is to play this game. I'm just going to wait for the inevitable bundle they'll release. Wow, the worlds were SUCH a surprise! I wasn't expecting the 3 Musketeers OR TRON:Legacy! Especially TRON, I just flipped! This game can NOT come out soon enough! I wanna replay all games too, but I'm too busy! I just got Alice:Madness Returns(HUGE Alice fan) and still haven't finished Birth By Sleep. AND already preordered FFXIII-2. Man I am not going to have time to do anything! haha, I'm gonna try to play all these games!

---------- Post added 01-02-2012 at 08:41 PM ----------

Oh and I still haven't gotten Re:Coded. The only game I don't have, but idk if I want it, is it good? Or just another rehash of the first one(reason I got so bored with 358/2)?
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^rehash its not bad if you just want to play more KH but nothing new....also get Mario on the 3DS best game on the system so far its a must have for anyone with a 3DS

As for this new games look good so far....like how Tron is back but new....I cant live with them also having Wonderland again IF its based off the new movie. I kinda don't like that we are going to have some things rehashed again like Pinocchio, they have had in 2 handheld games already (chain of Memory and recoded) plus the original the same story 4 times gets kinda old

Thanks, I'm not gonna get it then, I'm tired of all the rehash games, 358 added to the story but got boring after a while. It was too long! And visiting the same worlds over and over again! Re CoM is the same way. I haven't even gotten through it yet. Played the original but doing it on the ps2 gets a little tedious. BbS was by far the best handheld game of the series. Actually added to the story and could be considered a numbered title! Just gotta finish it. About Pinnochio, it looks like we get to visit a variation of Pleasure Island, so it won't be the same. Tetsuya has said this game will be all new worlds, and will be like BbS in that it could be considered a numbered title and will add to the story! And we finally get to play the original characters after not having them playable for so long! haha!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

&good I thought we'd be in the whale again

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    OMG I TOTALLY flipped when I watched that trailer! The ONLY reason I'm going to be getting a 3DS is to play this game. I'm just going to wait for the inevitable bundle they'll release. Wow, the worlds were SUCH a surprise! I wasn't expecting the 3 Musketeers OR TRON:Legacy! Especially TRON, I just flipped! This game can NOT come out soon enough! I wanna replay all games too, but I'm too busy! I just got Alice:Madness Returns(HUGE Alice fan) and still haven't finished Birth By Sleep. AND already preordered FFXIII-2. Man I am not going to have time to do anything! haha, I'm gonna try to play all these games!

---------- Post added 01-02-2012 at 08:41 PM ----------

Oh and I still haven't gotten Re:Coded. The only game I don't have, but idk if I want it, is it good? Or just another rehash of the first one(reason I got so bored with 358/2)?
    I love that they are using all new Disney worlds.

I would greatly recommend Re: Coded. Yes, its basically a remake of the first game, but there are some new story elements and some nice character development in there to. Most importantly, it is the most fun I have had with any of the handheld games. The game play is extraordinarily varied, changing from a 2D side-scroller to a traditional turn based RPG to a shot-um-up to combat very similar to that of Birth By Sleep almost seamlessly. Its not on the same level as Kingdom Hearts one and two, but you should pick it up if you can.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I just ended up watching cutscenes and read the story for Coded. I didn't want to buy it because it was a rehash. Even with the new gameplay elements. I did like 358/2 Days, even if it got a little monotonous. I liked the character developement of Roxas, Axel, and the introduction of Xion. Not sure if fans like her or not, but she was a surprise that came out of nowhere.

I can't wait for Dream Drop Distance! It looks like it's right up there with the console games, and possibly surpasses Birth by Sleep. I loved that game, it had everything new, and was basically the "prequel" to the series. I can't wait to see how Terra, Aqua, and Ventus are reunited, and join Sora, Riku, and the rest.

Not sure about the 3 Musketeers world in DDD...the movie was cute, but this is the first DTV sequel to get a world, right? At least they aren't bringing back old worlds. I got really tired of Wonderland...

---------- Post added 01-11-2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and the inclusion of a bunch of characters from The World Ends With You is an amazing bonus! That game on the DS was really interesting, and I can see how it could mesh well with Kingdom Hearts.

• ironically Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I just ended up watching cutscenes and read the story for Coded. I didn't want to buy it because it was a rehash. Even with the new gameplay elements. I did like 358/2 Days, even if it got a little monotonous. I liked the character developement of Roxas, Axel, and the introduction of Xion. Not sure if fans like her or not, but she was a surprise that came out of nowhere.

I can't wait for Dream Drop Distance! It looks like it's right up there with the console games, and possibly surpasses Birth by Sleep. I loved that game, it had everything new, and was basically the "prequel" to the series. I can't wait to see how Terra, Aqua, and Ventus are reunited, and join Sora, Riku, and the rest.

Not sure about the 3 Musketeers world in DDD...the movie was cute, but this is the first DTV sequel to get a world, right? At least they aren't bringing back old worlds. I got really tired of Wonderland...

---------- Post added 01-11-2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and the inclusion of a bunch of characters from The World Ends With You is an amazing bonus! That game on the DS was really interesting, and I can see how it could mesh well with Kingdom Hearts.
    I think the inclusion of the musketeers movie is interesting, as long as they have a good story to tell I don't think it matters which movies they use. I do wonder how Mikey, Donald, and Goofy are in the realm of sleep and the realm of light at the same time...
    Spoiler
    Time travel maybe? The unknown from BBS had a lot of time themed attacks, and the key blade you got for beating him had a was time themed.

Also, about the fans opinion of Xion. She is kind of a polarizing figure in the fan base. Some love her, myself included, while others hate her. Its the same with Kairi...
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

??????3DS?????? ??? 3D [???? ???? ??????]????? | SQUARE ENIX e-STORE

Lots of stuff, release date for Japan is March 29th, there will be a standard, Limited(with AR card) and bundle with a 3DS(THIS better come over here!!!)! Also some kind of 10th anniversary box. No details yet, but it's probably not that big.

Also a new world confirmed, Symphany of Sorcery based on Fantasia! All this info can be found on KHinsider.com
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I saw that. I'm betting that the limited edition 3DS won't come over here. They never do those special ones...that sucks. I do love the design though. Although, I already have my aqua 3DS and I'll most likely wait until they inevitably release the "3DS Lite" or whatever the update will be called.

I'm really looking forward to this game though. I feel like the portable games are finally getting as good as the console versions. BBS was the closest, and this looks to top that! We'll have to wait a while for the localized version to come here though, probably for holiday 2012.

Oh, and the thing that's interesting about this game is that there are now two worlds that feature different versions of King Mickey. I wonder how the heck they're going to explain that? He exists in three separate worlds? Or...he, well, I don't know, I mean they did have Timeless River in KH2, and the B&W Mickey existed there...so, yeah...

It'll probably be a time travel thing like with SBW. Or alternate universes? Idk, it's suppose to be a Dream so it could get more leeway.

About localization, I don't think we have to wait THAT long, if it takes till the holidays, that will be longer than it took the first game, but 358/2 only took a few months, and 13-2 only took a month and a half. And I've read in a lot of places that they were working with localization simultaneously. So I don't think we'll have to wait that long. We do, it'll kill me cause I'm in such a KH mood right now! I probably won't be as much in the holidays! Another thing people are saying is that maybe it'll be released on our 10th anniversary(since it's being released in Japan's 10th)
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Banned User

sweet! I loved the 1st KH game! I even bought the game at KB toys the day it came out waaaay before i even had a PS2. Now KH2 I was working at walmart of the time it came out and my walmart discount (only %10) came in handy! I would LOVe to see them add "Toon Town" with Roger Rabbit if they ever made another KH game..or even a world with the Muppets!

• Minion

A Fantasia world, "Symphony of Sorcery" was also recently announced. Sorcerer's Apprentice as a primary story, but with Chernabog as a boss for Riku and elements of Nutcracker and Pastoral being utilized.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• ironically Otaku

Hay guys! The box art for the game just got released! I am not sure how to post the image, but you should be able to find it with Google! I like the box art a lot, but...

Spoiler
    Some people are saying the box art indicates that something bad is going to happen to Sora. I hope that's not true, birth by sleep and days were WAY to sad as it is, I don't think my heart could take it if Sora got hurt.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast