Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• e komo mai

Re: Kingdom Hearts II Reviews are coming in...

Sephiroth... :shudders: Arcs Arcanum is the only way to go with that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    The game's story is WAY too complicated for kids to get it, so I don't think it has to do with that.
    True. But the 100 Acre Wood in KH1 was almost too embarassing for an adult to play (you know, especially when another adult comes into the room while you're trying to push Pooh on a swing...).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    True. But the 100 Acre Wood in KH1 was almost too embarassing for an adult to play (you know, especially when another adult comes into the room while you're trying to push Pooh on a swing...).

• Minion

Here's what Gamestop had to say:

While the ease of gameplay customization is one of the game's greatest strengths, the ease of the game in general is surely its largest weakness. The main quest, which clocks in at over 40 hours of gameplay, is never difficult. You can get through almost the entire game without dying, save for a few challenging boss battles at the end of the game. This is an improvement upon the original Kingdom Hearts, in which the difficulty occurred in moments of backtracking, tediousness, and confusion. But because there's no difficulty of any kind (at the default difficulty setting), getting through the gameplay in Kingdom Hearts II never gives you a satisfying sense of accomplishment. The rhythm minigames found in various levels, presumably included to offer gameplay variation, are mind-numbingly easy, often requiring only one button press over and over (when prompted, no less) to get through.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's funny, I have trouble with the mini game things. I had trouble swinging Pooh on the swing, imitating the rabbit jumping, and gathering up all the Pooh characters. I didn't have too much trouble beating the bosses, and winning the coloseum battles. I found that if you leveled up your character, equipped your abilities, and used the right keyblade, those battles were easier. I had trouble, however in the first game learning to swing on the vines, and jumping, and obtaining some of those items that were up very high. Perserverance, paid off, however, and I did manage all of those things eventually. For the 50 bucks that I paid for the game, I got many, many hours of fun. Granted, I got frustrated a lot, but the satisfaction of eventually figuring things out, made me want to play the game over and over again.

I am in the process of reading the guidebook, a little, beforehand. I am only into the 4th day. I have only skimmed the book. I am not seeing any checklists, such as for rescuing puppies, and obtaining trinities. Also what are these Jiminy objectives. I guess I will learn all of these things as I play.

Feel free to enlighten me on anything that I am not correct about.

• e komo mai

Did you guys see the KH2 strategy guide? It's as thick as 'War and Peace'.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am never intelligent enough, to play a game of this type, without a guide. I was gifted with the guide on Tuesday. I purchased the game on Wednesday.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I want to get the Limited Edition version but I can't find it anywhere I'll try my rounds again searching for it but if I can't find it, I'll get the regular version. But I need it as well, just as I needed it for the first KH. Got the game by itself and played it for like a month or two and was stuck on a certain section for a few more months and I gave in and got the guide. Helped me out tremendously.

• white and nerdy

I'm about 25 hours of gameplay into it and have the following to say.... most of which is spoilers
    Spoiler

1. Combat: I like it. It is very easy to pick up, but very very hard to do it fantasticly, like most good games. You can go through hundreds of enemies while only pushing the x button, but you are rewarded when you go more advanced. When you are going nuts with two keyblades, casting spell after spell, doing twin boshidos and shooting stars with Auron... it is gamer bliss like I haven't had before. Also the utilization of the Triangle button during boss battles makes for, if you can time it right, fun side games within the battle. I don't have anything bad I can say about the fight system. If it is too easy for you I suggest discovering all the ways you can to beat your opponents.
    2. Menu system. The animated Menus that are specific to each land you go to is a neat extra.
    3. Story so far. It is heartbreaking. After finishing the preview I almost cried for poor Roxis. Poor all of them, really. I can't wait to see how it all ties up.
    4. Worlds. Just finished the Pirate world... and freakin' loved it. All the worlds provide very interesting situations and enimies. Though they do seem kind of small. I think this isn't a real size issue. I think the issue is there is almost no platforming or puzzle solving to be done, something that has kind of disapointed me a bit.
    5. Music. I personally like "Simple and Clean" better than the opening theme for KH2... but I haven't heard anything that I don't like yet.
    6. I've died a few times... From what I can tell, if you die in a boss battle then none other than Mr. Mickey Mouse comes into play to res. you. You have to charge up his "light force" first which makes for an interesting and rewarding mini-game that almost makes me want to die more.
    7. Graphics. Top notch. Belle in particular looked fantastic to me. The Pirates, including Jack, were passable, but Barbossa was head and shoulders above everything else. Can't wait to see what everyone else looks like. I think the Disneyland Commerical people should take a note from Square and make their 3-D characters more like these.
    8. At times during key fights side line characters may shout advice to you. I find it repetitive and annoying. I don't want to hear Cogsworth every time I move repeat "Master, compose yourself!"
    9. The subtext to the story is subtle and moving. For example, when Mulan is dressed as Ping she is a passable fighter at best with no special moves. When she is acting like herself she is capable of fantastic moves with killer combo moves with Sora. Little things like this are evident everywhere for those who care to look.
    10. The last game that took my imagination like this was grand theft auto San Andreas. In GTA it was the sheer diversity of gameplay that held me onto the hundreds of hours wasted on the PS2. For this it is the story and the discovering that does it.

Of course, I'm only about half way through I reckon. Now excuse me while I kick some heartless butt. And if you see any nobodies point them in my direction.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

So far I've only gotten through the prologue..
    This took me 3 1/2 hours!!!
    I got annoyed with Roxas... that could just be me. I didn't really care about him at all.

Now I've gotten into the meat of the game but not much further than actually gaining control of Sora.
    So far there's a lot of cut scenes!!! I mean a lot!!! Like I think more of my 3 + hours was spent watching old plot lines than actually fighting.

I think I'll continue reviewing as I play. So far I'm still optimistic and can't wait to get to Mulan... the first Disney world.

• On Autopilot

Everyone I know says that Roxas is grating we thought something was wrong with the game when he exclaimed "Someone stole all the !@#@#!@"

But ANYWAY, I will never feel bad for Axel since he took out an innocent life from the Organization, I know they're not real people, but that red head annoys me to no end

(can't wait to play more this saturday)

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I'm actually really happy that the battles are easier. While I'm a longtime gamer, I'm not much into live-action fighting games, so I really struggled with KH1. So far, I'm enjoying the thrill of kicking the crap out of enemies.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I love the game so far. Once Sora, Donald, and Goofy, wake up, the game feels more like the old one. I love the Disney touches. I don't know how to do spoilers, so stop reading, if you don't want to know that Maleficent is resurrected. Not too surprised. The humor is back from the first game. The menu is better on Sora, then it was on Roxas.

I think that I need to read my guide a little more.

The regular guide is $19.99 and the Special one is $29.99.

• e komo mai

Hmm. I just finished Land of the Dragons and I thought it was wayyy to easy. I don't know. I just kicked Shan-Yu's butt and thought that he'd be back for a second battle and that was it. Done.

I have it on the 'Medium' setting.

• e komo mai

Spoiler
    Umm. Are Roxas and Sora the same person? I mean, you can take the name 'Roxas' and spell 'Sora X'. Or is that just a coincidence?

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Spoiler
    Umm. Are Roxas and Sora the same person? I mean, you can take the name 'Roxas' and spell 'Sora X'. Or is that just a coincidence?
    Spoiler
    I thought Sora was part of Roxas after seeing all these clips during the game. Roxas is gone and now Sora is awake, seems like Roxas had to sacrifice himself for Sora. A bit sad to me I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast