•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

About Saving on Kingdom Hearts

I remember when I first played the original Kingdom Hearts game, I use to save a lot. I also use to save on a different line each time on the memory card. My grandson said, "Grandma, you are going to run out of memory on that card." I actually almost did.

I am a compulsive saver. It has helped me out of a lot of messes. When I would get stumped, and I did get stumped a lot, I could always backtrack. I could also go back and play favorite parts over and over again. One of my favorite parts was when you got to be a Heartless in Hollow Bastion.

So what are your "save" habits.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Re: About Saving on Kingdom Hearts

I save pretty much every chance I can. I've never really saved the same game as different ones, but I do compusively look for save points and I won't stop playing until I can save at least once more just to make sure.

• Puppy Cuddles

I too am a compulsive saver. Actually, I have a notecard taped to my TV right now that looks like this.

1. First sighting of Sephiroth (boyfriend is a big Final Fantasy VII fan and I have to admit he's wearing me down to the point I might almost play it.)

2. Battle for the Ravine Trail (After beating the game I can safely say that this is my favorite part. Although I think this is saved before I beat Demyx and I'm going to have to go back to beat hima nd save after if possible.)

3. My Game (this was the game I played while my boyfriend was at work. Couldn't stand not knowing what happened next, so I resaved on another slot and played without him.)

4. The Game (this is our official game where story advancement occurs. Of course we beat it and it's now back to the last save, but still we're not going to touch it for memory's sake.)

5. Grinding for resources and Sephiroth (We didn't want to mess up the "official" game so we're using this slot to get up to level 99.)

I save whenever there's a save point. I figure it wouldn't be there if I didn't need it. Although I'm a bit more stingy with the spots than Hound Dog is.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I save whenever I see a new save point. When I save, I just save over on the same line. So I'm at line 1. There are 99 lines! I couldn't imagine using them all!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by claribella
    I save whenever I see a new save point. When I save, I just save over on the same line. So I'm at line 1. There are 99 lines! I couldn't imagine using them all!
    Same here! I'm playing on easy as well and I'll have to start again to play the higher levels to see that special ending.

• Minion

I save whenever I can, so I don't have to repeat anything. And with Kingdom Hearts and every other game I never overwrite the save spot that came before a cutscene or FMV. Which explains why over 80% of my memory card is used up with Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts one and two. It's a horrible habit.

• e komo mai

I'm a compulsive saver, too.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

OH and yeah, I'm a compulsive saver. I lost a game once when I was playing Gauntlet: Dark Legacy and I cried for days...DAYS! Maybe it was because I was 8 months pregnant at the time but I did cry for days.

I will never make that mistake again.

• Practically Perfect

I save a lot...usually before bosses...really just when anything significat happens. Did anyone else love the different save logos you could get on this one?

• Banned User

I save not as much as I should, buy, I save on 3 files because i have a fear that my little brother will save his game over mine(happened 3 times! cried for hours)! But If i just lose, then i just play from where i last saved cause I like playing it over again!

• idk my BFF Minnie

I save every hour, at the beginning of every world usually. It loads so slowly now! ):

• On Autopilot

I save whenever I get the chance, helps minus the aggravating factor.

I have multiple save slots on KH1 (for picking different weapons at the beginning, I say, hmm, about six)

on KH2 I think I might get about err.... seven or so, the game rocks!

• Basking in birthday love

I think I have about six saves on KH1. One's my main game on standard, one's a backup that I can't remember why I made, one's my expert game that I never did end up finishing, and the others belong to my friend who doesn't have a PS2.

I save whenever I reach a save spot. There have been a couple of times when I've had trouble with a particular area and don't like where it puts me after a continue, so I'll save and load the game instead. (Like, I kept dying on the light cycles, and it would take me all the way back to Ansem's study and I'd have to get Stitch and the other chest again. I'm anal like that.) Since my PS2 started having a few issues with the first disc and I ended up having to do Atlantica all over again, I've learned to save whenever possible.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Huh?

I'm more paranoid of power outages, so I save as often as possible....
    -Tim