• Basking in birthday love

Boss fights RAARGH! (possible spoilers)

I do appreciate that Square is trying to mix up the boss battles, so that it's not just a matter of mashing the X button until it breaks. (Especially since I now need a new controller because my X button is, well, broken.) Really, I do. It makes the game play more interesting and varied, which is important when you're actually watching cut scenes much more than you're playing.

But when it takes me TWO FREAKING HOURS to kill Demyx, I get a little bit... testy. (Though they give you the wonderful "Skip Scene" feature so that it only took two instead of three. And they get bonus points for putting Mickey's little ninja move at the beginning of the scene, which made me a little happier about having my butt handed to me each and every time.)

Anyone having trouble with particular bosses or other big battles? Anyone have tips and tricks?

(Also, as a side note, mowing through 1000 Heartless and taking barely any damage? SO AWESOME.)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

Re: Boss fights RAARGH! (possible spoilers)

I had trouble with Demyx the second time, I made up all sorts of new "curse words", even more than when I played Shadow of the Colossus. The length of the battle with Xemnas is just ridiculous and some parts were dragged on waaay too long. I know Square just adores lengthy final boss battles, but that one was just insanely long, about 30 minutes insanely long. Xigbar was annoying, until I leveled up a bit more and kicked his *** with ease.

• Banned User

Dymix is really easy, all you have to do is hit a water form one and then press triange, it's hit a lot more forms. I really hated Xenmas too! I love long boss battles, but i just wasnt feeling it! The music made the more boring! I was like, omg, this is lame!

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

With Xigbar, when he isolates you on that one little square and shoots at you from all angles, it almost killed me everytime. I noticed something weird though. I entered the castle with four High Potions and used them during the fights. When I started the next battle, I had all four back. Thanks for the nice little glitch S-E, saved me some munny.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Demyx was the most annoying one for me to beat, IMO. He's the only one I died to (not really died, but time ran out because I couldn't get rid of all the clones). The only other one who was annoying and interesting to beat was...I don't know his name, but he has blonde hair and was into magic. Totally didn't dig getting turned into a (what was it...a card or a dice??) I dunno, haven't played all week.

But then again, I am playing on Easy...I'm sure it will be a lot more difficult when I do it Proud.

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

Luxord, the blonde guy you're talking about, was one of the most interesting Organization fights. Very frustrating, but interesting none-the-less. All of the Organization fights had more than simple hack-n-slash elements to them and I like that a lot about this game.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• Banned User

Did anybody else notice that when fighting Asem the 2nd time( i think) when he's on the "throne" he uses the stratagies/weapons of the last 4 organization members? Pretty cool, woulda been better if they used the weapons from the CoM members.

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

Ugh. I was so annoyed by Ansem since you have to fight him like 6 times.
    Last edited by StitchIsKing; 05-16-2006 at 02:24 PM.

I think the hardest boss is, Xaldin followed up by, Xemnas then Demyx. Oh yea tips for beating Demyx try staying out of the air.

• ...TWO BITS!

I just started playing Kindgom Hearts (not to mention I just got a PS2 player), anyways. I really like the game so far. Each "boss battle" becomes increasingly difficult. But for the past couple days now, I can't pass Clayton and his large lizard. I even went back a couple levels to gain more potions, ethers, etc to supply all players. I think after Clayton gets off the lizard, I have to keep the lizard between me and Clayton shooting his gun off. Not only that, have to defeat the lizard while staying to his side. Because you don't want to be in the front or back of that beast. And tips or suggestions about this? I know I get VERY close to defeating the challenage, but I always get killed

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    Did anybody else notice that when fighting Asem the 2nd time( i think) when he's on the "throne" he uses the stratagies/weapons of the last 4 organization members? Pretty cool, woulda been better if they used the weapons from the CoM members.
    Correction. That was Xemnas. The actual Ansem was killed before that. If you recall, Ansem's apprentice was turned into a Heartless and that went around telling everyone that he was Ansem. The one you fought was his Nobody, Xemnas. If you press start during that fight, it says defeat Xemnas.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• ...TWO BITS!

Ok, now I'm having trouble getting past (I think) Ursula's big boss battle. I can't use Summon for some reason (I have Genie, Simba, & now Dumbo). But I think the problem is, because the setting is underwater, is that the reason summon won't work??

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Well, I just answered my own question last night. For those people needing help in this battle, here's what I did: I went back to fight in the Philip Cup in Hercules' world. It was A LOT easier to fight and win 1st place. BUT then there's a Pegaus Cup. I can get up to 2nd place, but the people you fight for 1st place- they got the kinda health bar you'd see in boss battles (orange to yellow to green health). SO I stopped trying that. Went to Traverse Town to get Dumbo summon and supplies. Now here's the key: I activiated my characters' weapons and energy things so we're not just battling with one weapon. Push start, go to Equipment, then set them up with each character. Haha, silly me.

-Jurassic Park