Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

KH newbie playing KH1 - apparently I suck

Wow, I'm only on Traverse Town, and I've "died" about 5 times already! What the heck?

So um... what exactly am I trying to accomplish on this level?

I wish this game had maps I could reference, I get so turned around in the different areas. Even on the island I could never remember how to find things. I kept just running around till I found where I was trying to get to!

Wow... apparently I really suck at this!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Re: KH newbie playing KH1 - apparently I suck

Buy the strategy guide off Amazon.....it'll help you enormously. (Detailed Maps of ALL areas + treasure chests + 101 Dalmation location, and boss battle tips)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074...850378?ie=UTF8

• Princess of my own world

The strategy guide is a lifesaver, that's the only way to get maps. If you're in desperate need now. I'll be home later tonight and you can PM me and I'll try to type up the goals and directions for Traverse Town for you. I'll try to help.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

Nah, not that big of a hurry.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Don't Panic

i just played and beat both games about two weeks ago and its all a big blur right now.

my first suggestion is gamefaqs.com.

but, try going to a save point and going to the gummi ship and see if you can go to other worlds yet.
    ------

------

Just went to another world. Apparently I suck at flying too, LOL

• nothing like the sun

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Just went to another world. Apparently I suck at flying too, LOL
    I wouldn't feel bad about that; the Gummi Ships are kind of a drag, unless you're a seasoned Star Fox veteran

I'd also recommend checking out some of the guides at GameFAQs.com for tips. Pretty comprehensive and free to boot. I have the Bradygames guide, but I didn't think it was particularly well done (contributing, along with the FFX-2 guide, to my personal vendetta against Dan Birlew's writing). The KH2 Bradygames guide is thankfully much better, though.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Wow, I'm only on Traverse Town, and I've "died" about 5 times already! What the heck?

So um... what exactly am I trying to accomplish on this level?

I wish this game had maps I could reference, I get so turned around in the different areas. Even on the island I could never remember how to find things. I kept just running around till I found where I was trying to get to!

Wow... apparently I really suck at this!
    Don't feel bad my brother didn't beat the amourguard the first time he played it. (He stole my sisters save when she got passed, she couldn't beat anyone after the guard)

Don't worry KH 2 is easier, and the gummi ship is much better.

Kushana, love you avatar.

• Practically Perfect

hmmm...I seem to have misplace my guide for the first one...it's probobly up at college. Otherwise I'd try to be some help. But, all I can say is talk to EVERYONE in Travers Town and they should hint at what to do/where to go...and go to each level/through each door that you can. Good luck and don't worry about killing over, just try to have some fun

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The first time I played Kingdom Hearts. I was terrible. I was really terrible at Gummi travel. I had my grandson close by, usually, to help me with the Gummi travel parts.

I did play the game with the guidebook. I don't think that I could have played with out it.

Believe it or not the success of the game is to fight Heartless. I know that every time that they show up, you want them to go away. However, by fighting the Heartless, your levels get stronger, and things get easier.

The guidebook will also explain how to equip your abilities, and use your items, which is another key to playing the game.

I loved the first Kingdom Hearts game, and I played it many times. I struggled a lot, especially the first time through.

The animation in the game is wonderful, and the payoff at the end is worth it.

Get the guidebook. I wish you well with the game.

• On Autopilot

check out gamefaqs, run around and then go back and talk to cid, you'll fight Squall, you can loose or win the battle, save, then run to the third district and fight the boss there, attack the main body and the rest will follow.

hope that helps a bit

I can't figure out how to get the warp command to work. Cid installed it on the ship, and I can go through warp holes, but I can't warp between towns I've visited. Dunno why.

And is the strategy guide that helpful, or the FAQs on gamefaq.comhelpful enough?

*just getting to Agrabah*

• On Autopilot

pick a world that is far off and there will be two selections, normal drive and warp drive, pick the bottom selection to instantly get there ^_^

• Lost in Wonderland

You don't suck! I had to use my Gameshark just to beat some of the bosses like Sephiroth and the secret boss at Agrabah. I didn't become invincible but it made my life bar a lot longer and without it, I don't even want to think how frustrated and upset I would've been! LOL.

I had to buy the guide for the first one. I then bought the guide for the second one (the day it came out) but sadly, its not needed half as much as you need the guide for the first KH.

Good luck young Sora!

• ...TWO BITS!

AH! A fellow newbie . I just bought a new PS2 player and just started KH1 this summer. So far I think I'm at the boss fight for Atlantica. How much more of this game is there, seems to keep going on and on and on. I'm learning about this game very slowly, too. It takes awhile, but I'm learning a lot.

Definately talk to people in TT, they might give you a hint at what to do.

EDIT: There's a secret boss in Agrabah?
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 08-03-2006 at 10:07 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast