Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: A Kingdom Hearts Live-Action Movie Series?

The key to making a successful video game movie is to make a movie that people who don't know the video game will 'get', without ruining the video game.

The Halo plot is kind of easy to get, lone soldier w/ guns VS aliens. The plot of KH, with it's esoteric rambling about hearts and light and darkness and globally recognized characters recast as Kings and Magicians will confuse people unless it's explained carefully to them through the story.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    The key to making a successful video game movie is to make a movie that people who don't know the video game will 'get', without ruining the video game.

The Halo plot is kind of easy to get, lone soldier w/ guns VS aliens. The plot of KH, with it's esoteric rambling about hearts and light and darkness and globally recognized characters recast as Kings and Magicians will confuse people unless it's explained carefully to them through the story.
    So what your saying is that maybe there should be some kind of story that explains the whole concept of Kingdom Hearts without driving it down with too much exposition, right?

Blog Entries

I envision a little bit of an epic.

The first 10 to 15 minutes should be a little bit of a prologue that explains what Kingdom Hearts is.

Next, we show the three children - Sora, Riku, and Kairi- at Destiny Islands.

As for the rest, it's up to the screenwriters...

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

There was a rumor a long time ago about a KH movie being made.

Sora would be played by Daniel Ratcliffe
    Kairi would be played by Mary-Kate Olsen
    Riku would be played by Elijah Wood

it was going to be a mix of live and digital footage, but it didn't really get of the ground
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

I agree, long and shaggy would be the way to go with the hair. But that would only be if the movie were to be filmed live-action. If it were done all CGI, like Advent Children, There is nothing stopping them from doing the All-Out spikes.

And I've seen the plot come up in a few posts. What if the movie were to play out the events of the third installment in the series? Disney has requested a third game, but what if it was made as a movie? I love Playing the games, But I would love to see the story uninterrupted.

Bookachow!
    Proud Member of AAMAH PM Me To Join.
    "If we get to heaven and find out that it was forwarding emails that gets you into heaven, I'd rather be in hell." - GenYus
    Myspace Pimpage

Blog Entries

[quote=A_Guy_Named_Goo;1190235]I agree, long and shaggy would be the way to go with the hair. But that would only be if the movie were to be filmed live-action. If it were done all CGI, like Advent Children, There is nothing stopping them from doing the All-Out spikes. [quote]

So we agree on that.

By the way...startours4ever, where did you hear that rumor about casting?

Casting Daniel Radcliffe from Harry Potter is typecasting... he's already been a hero once.

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

It was on a Kingdom Hearts board a few years ago.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by startours4ever View Post
    It was on a Kingdom Hearts board a few years ago.
    I'll have to check that out. That's interesting they would have wanted to have Harry Potter himself play Sora.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Making it an AU to the KH universe would allow the human characters to be played by real actors without having to modify the game or the movie to explain how they went from being toony to being real.

And for the love of Walt, keep Tetsuya Nomura and his character designs, which all look like vaguely transgendered albinos with fetishes for belt buckles and zippers away from this thing. Disney owns Sora and his friends and all the nobodies, so minimal contributions from the Japan team would be preferred. Someone asked how you do Sora's hair, you don't; you explain that it's a new story featuring the same characters from the game but they don't directly tie-in.
    So in other words, let's say there was a story that would involve Sora's investigation into what Kingdom Hearts is?

Blog Entries

Or if you were doing AU, let's say one of Disney's most beloved characters doesn't survive Sora's adventures?

• Banned User

Ok, me and my friend who are HUGE KH fans (esp. on the FF side, but split in between) have an even greater idea! Have the movie be in CG, and the plot could be a spin off of KH. It could be about the Organization, who they are, where they come from how they got in. Put what we need to do is petition. The only reason Advent Children was made was because every FF7 fan wanted to know what happened after the game.

Blog Entries

Remember when I talked about the qualifications for the director of this fictional series?

Here are my top choices:

1. Bryan Singer (X-Men and X2: X-Men United, Superman Returns)
    2. Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Serenity, Wonder Woman)
    3. Robert Zemeckis (Back to The Future, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Forrest Gump, The Polar Express)
    4. Tim Burton (Batman and Batman Returns, Ed Wood, Planet of the Apes, Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
    5. Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins, Memento, Insomnia, the Prestige)
    6. Mike Newell (Four Weddings and a Funeral, Donnie Brasco, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
    7. Alfonso Cuaron (Y Tu Mama Tambien, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Children of Men)

If you are curious why I didn't have Steven Spielberg or Chris Columbus on the list is because I think they've moved away from this kind of genre to do other things.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

A KH movie would only work if Squre did it in CG like Advent Children. Making it live action would pretty much blow it.

Ok, I personally, think that a movie would ruin the game. I mean, why watch a movie when you can, and already have, played the game? Sure, Advent Children turned out well, but... I just can't imagine a KH movie.
    Starting a new journey may not be so hard... or maybe it has already begun

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    A KH movie would only work if Squre did it in CG like Advent Children. Making it live action would pretty much blow it.
    Thank you! Exactly what I've been saying this whole time. Square need to do the movie, not any other person or company, for they wont be true to the game, and I agree with Kari, a movie wont be as exciting, since they've made 3 (and are making 3 more, Re:CoM, KHII:Fianl Mix, and KHIII) games already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast