Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

A Kingdom Hearts Live-Action Movie Series?

There was talk quite a while back about a Kingdom Hearts movie. And i thought it would be fun to think about what if it was a live action/ animated movie? WAIT! Not a movie... but a movie SERIES!?

First, if they were going to shoot this movie, they would have to go all around the globe to shoot it. All of the Destiny Island sequences should be shot at Fox Studios Baja (Titanic was shot here). As for the rest of the movie, I have a good luck theory about having it shot at Leavesden Studios outside London (all the Harry Potter movieswere shot there).

The Special Visual Effects should be provided by Industrial Light and Magic (Lucasfilm Limited).

The animation will have to be provided by Disney's animation division.

As for director, they should have these qualifications:

1. Must be a fan of the video game
    2. Have a versitle film resume
    3. Worked with special effects
    4. Bring something interesting to the series

As for original film music here are some candidates:

1. John Williams (Star Wars, E.T, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter)
    2. Alan Silvestri (Back To The Future, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Forrest Gump, The Polar Express)
    3. Hans Zimmer (Pearl Harbor, Batman Begins, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)
    4. James Newton Howard (King Kong, Peter Pan)
    5. Patrick Doyle (Sense and Sensibilty, Bridget Jones' Diary, Nanny McPhee, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, A Little Princess)
    6. Harry Gregson-Williams (The Chronicles of Narnia, Shrek)

What do you guys think?

• Huh?

Re: A Kingdom Hearts Live-Action Movie Series?

What? You forgot Danny Elfman on the composers list?!
    -Tim

Blog Entries

Oops! I completely forgot him.

Danny Elfman will be an addition (Batman (1989), Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Spider-Man).

Blog Entries

I just thought about something: what if one of the first director drops out, and someone new came in?

One of the concerns is that the new installment might undergo several style and look changes.

I've seen this happening in the Harry Potter series. Movies 3 and 4 seemed drastically different from the first two movies.

The question also arises, who would play Sora? And how WOULD they arrange his hair?!?!

Bookachow!
    Proud Member of AAMAH PM Me To Join.
    "If we get to heaven and find out that it was forwarding emails that gets you into heaven, I'd rather be in hell." - GenYus
    Myspace Pimpage

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

if they were to make a movie series the company that made advent children should make it
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Blog Entries

I also thought about the fact that the games last over 30 to 40 hours. One of the challenges is to condense it into two-and-a-half hours. I thought why not use the Kingdom Hearts universe to make a complete adventure on it's own? (You know... use the characters, worlds. etc.)

Blog Entries

I also forgot to add that Patrick Doyle (who is on the composers list) will be scoring the upcoming movie adaptation of "Eragon."

• Banned User

Square did Advent Children which would be the most practical and logical choice of Movie Studios. Although, the movie would all be in CG, which in my opinion would be better than a live/animated move, those just seem too cheesy for me. And also, you forgot Nobou Uemesta (Final Fantasy VII-X) who is also the best choice for composer.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Uhm, no, why would you want an all-CG movie featuring Disney characters not being done by DISNEY of all people?

Disney would ideally Alternate Universe it to both the Disneyverse and the KH game series universe because there's no way to do a movie like this without either

A) catching up people who don't know the games and boring the gamers
    -OR-
    B) creating a total gamer wank-fest that leaves the uninitiated feeling left out

Making it an AU to the KH universe would allow the human characters to be played by real actors without having to modify the game or the movie to explain how they went from being toony to being real.

And for the love of Walt, keep Tetsuya Nomura and his character designs, which all look like vaguely transgendered albinos with fetishes for belt buckles and zippers away from this thing. Disney owns Sora and his friends and all the nobodies, so minimal contributions from the Japan team would be preferred. Someone asked how you do Sora's hair, you don't; you explain that it's a new story featuring the same characters from the game but they don't directly tie-in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Uhm, no, why would you want an all-CG movie featuring Disney characters not being done by DISNEY of all people?

Disney would ideally Alternate Universe it to both the Disneyverse and the KH game series universe because there's no way to do a movie like this without either

A) catching up people who don't know the games and boring the gamers
    -OR-
    B) creating a total gamer wank-fest that leaves the uninitiated feeling left out

Making it an AU to the KH universe would allow the human characters to be played by real actors without having to modify the game or the movie to explain how they went from being toony to being real.

And for the love of Walt, keep Tetsuya Nomura and his character designs, which all look like vaguely transgendered albinos with fetishes for belt buckles and zippers away from this thing. Disney owns Sora and his friends and all the nobodies, so minimal contributions from the Japan team would be preferred. Someone asked how you do Sora's hair, you don't; you explain that it's a new story featuring the same characters from the game but they don't directly tie-in.
    That is a good point. However, if you make it an AU, you would lose somewhat of the look and style of the game.

As for tie in, it is kind of like the upcoming Halo movie: Use the encyclopedia of characters, creatures, vehicles, and worlds to create some kind of adventure on it's own. Kind of like comic book adaptations.

Blog Entries

As for keeping character designs out... VERY good idea. Sora's spikes are impossible; he's 14, so why not make his hair long and shaggy?

Blog Entries

Sorry, guys, I'm just full of ideas on this thread.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I thought about the people who could just present the movie in association with Walt Disney Pictures.

I don't know if she knows anything about the game, or has even heard of it.... but what about Harry Potter author J.K Rowling becoming interested in the project?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    That is a good point. However, if you make it an AU, you would lose somewhat of the look and style of the game.

As for tie in, it is kind of like the upcoming Halo movie: Use the encyclopedia of characters, creatures, vehicles, and worlds to create some kind of adventure on it's own. Kind of like comic book adaptations.
    Except Halo's story can be explained to normal Joe Six-Packs fairly succinctly. It is at heart a typical Starship Troopers meets Alien action flick

Imagine if they tried to only make a movie out of the LAST Lord of the Rings book and explain to everyone what happened in the first two very quickly. You want to avoid that, so the best thing to do is go AU.

Plus, it means people don't have to be gamers to enjoy, which has been the problem with a lot of video game movies. You either give gamers the film of their dreams and do bad numbers because non-fans can't appreciate it, or you have a lackluster movie that gets panned by fans because it's too busy trying to be approachable to everyone. Or you just make a movie that is like but not meant to integrate into the games.

Blog Entries

I have no idea what you are saying...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast