• Banned User

Exclamation It's official...next games are coming

It has been made official on another Disney Board (can't tell you which one, but there's a lotta info...)

The next KH game will be on PS3, PSP and Nintendo DS.

Just wanted to let you know about it.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Re: It's official...next games are coming

-Monorail Man

• DL Nerd

that kinda sucks.. I would LOVE a 360 version of KH...

not that I've played the other 2 but....
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

Good thing I didn't make a new thread. I'll post what I was going to on here.

The next 3 titles in the Kingdom Hearts series has just been confirmed. Sadly (well for me anyway) they are not on any major gaming consoles. They will instead be on hand-held systems. (PSP, DS, Mobile)

.......Mobile? Ehhhhhh

Kingdom Hearts
    The biggest surprise at this year's Square Enix booth was the announcement of a new Kingdom Hearts project. While it may be true that Kingdom Hearts II left some questions unanswered, Square Enix has decided to expand on the world of Kingdom Hearts with not just one or two titles, but a trio of games for the DS, PlayStation Portable, and mobile phones. What's more, all three of the titles are different games with their own settings and timelines. Tetuya Nomura is working as the director for all three titles, together with Shinji Hashimoto, who will serve as executive producer.

The first title, Kingdom Hearts Coded, is the mobile game release. The game is being codirected by Hajime Tabata and produced by Kousei Itou. No release date or carrier has been announced yet. Kingdom Hearts Coded's CG trailer started off with the words "Mysteries get solved, making the world wider." The scene changed to Jiminy Cricket flipping through the journal that he's written during his adventures with Sora. He stops at one page, which reads, "We must return to free them from their torment." Puzzled and unable to recall what that page was supposed to mean, he runs to consult the King (Mickey Mouse), who decides to search for answers by digitizing Jiminy's journal.

The player apparently takes the role of a Sora that was born inside the digitized world of Jiminy's journal. Attendees were shown a couple of clips of in-game footage, and although the graphics were mobile-phone quality, it still runs as a 3D action game and has the Kingdom Hearts atmosphere.

The second title, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, is the DS release. Unlike previous installments in Kingdom Hearts, the game focuses on the series' antagonists (known as Organization XIII), and Roxas, who was "the other main character" in Kingdom Hearts II.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days' trailer starts off from the last scene in Chain of Memories (the PlayStation 2 version), and the words "The time during the opposite side, when Sora goes to sleep" appear on the screen. The scene changes to the station and clock tower in Kingdom Hearts II, with Roxas and Axel looking over the city at the sunset. In another scene, Roxas is seen sitting in a white room together with the rest of Organization XIII, and a new, 14th member is introduced into the organization. Although the character's face was hidden by Organization XIII's traditional hooded jacket, it was apparently a female character.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is a multiplayer action game where you can fight as an Organization XIII member and attempt to complete missions cooperatively with friends. During the trailer, up to four characters fought together on the same screen against a massive boss character in a city setting. The game will also feature a single-player mode, of course. The gameplay looked similar to the combat from past KH games, though the frame rate was running a little low in the trailer footage. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is codirected by Tomohiro Hasegawa and produced by Patrick Chen. The game is being developed by h.a.n.d Inc.

Last but definitely not least of the three Kingdom Hearts games, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is a new title for the PSP. From checking out the trailers, it felt the most like a true Kingdom Hearts sequel of the three games (except that it's actually a prequel). Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep's trailer started off with the words "The distant past." And as it turns out, the game takes place before Sora's era, back in the days when there were multiple "keyblade masters" around the world. We're introduced to two characters whom we assume are the protagonists: a blond boy who looks strikingly similar to Roxas, and an older, taller, black-haired guy who looks a bit like Final Fantasy VII's Zack in baggy pants.

Audiences who have finished playing through Kingdom Hearts II were in for a surprise. As it turns out, the bonus secret movie from the game was apparently an event that took place in the past. During Birth by Sleep's trailer, we saw the same landscape and bald man with a gray goatee and yellow eyes that were featured in the KHII movie. It seems certain that he plays a key role in the game, as the trailer took time to show him trying to influence the blond-haired boy in some unknown way, and also facing off in combat against the black-haired man, who's trying to stop him. In another scene, he was seen shouting, "Use your powers to break the darkness and fix my wrongdoings!" At the end of the trailer, a figure who looked like Mickey Mouse appeared to confront the bad guy with a weapon that looked like a cross between a sword and a magic wand.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is directed by Tai Sasue and produced by Patrick Chen.

Source: http://tgs.gamespot.com/story.html?s...om_clk=topslot
    When Chain of Memories came out, I didn't have a GBA. The only reason I did buy one was because I heard that you would be able to follow the storyline better in KH2 if you have played C.O.M. To this day, KH:C.O.M is the only game I have for my GBA, which I haven't played since about a month before KH2 came out. Now that the next 3 titles in the series on on 3 new platforms, I really don't want to purchase a PSP, DS, and the game on my phone just to follow the story. What does everyone else think about this platform jump?
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGo View Post
    What does everyone else think about this platform jump?
    I'm happy for the people who have the other platforms, and I also happy for it coming to the PSP since I'm getting that system in the next couple of weeks. The PSP's version video they showed on G4tv the other night looked quite good. I also think that once the sales of the PS3 pick up they'll commit to making a KHIII for the PS3.
    Last edited by upov; 09-23-2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typo

• Banned User

I better start saving up for a PS3 then. I really want a Wii though? :/

• Disneyholic

Wow glad to see Disney finally making more titles for the PSP! And that might be enough to get my wife to let me buy a PS3...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

I'm starting to come around now. Since the PSP title will obviously be the most advanced of the three, I may buy one. Another reason may be how I have a PS3 and I heard there's some connection I could make with it with a PSP. The only thing that's stopping me is whether the selection of other titles for the PSP will keep me playing it. I don't want to spend all that money on a new system for only 1 game, just like what happened with my GBA.
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

This sucks...I have no plans on getting a PS3 in the immediate future. I was really hoping they would have released the next KH game on PS3, 360, and the Wii. Guess I will only be able to buy it for my DS until the price on the PS3 becomes reasonable.

last i heard was that they might make khIII like the gta series - across all the platforms.

if square-enix was smart, that is what they would do. wouldn't you just love to use the wii-mote as a keyblade? i know i would.
    kingdom hearts <3er

Quote Originally Posted by kickcows View Post
    last i heard was that they might make khIII like the gta series - across all the platforms.

if square-enix was smart, that is what they would do. wouldn't you just love to use the wii-mote as a keyblade? i know i would.
    My thoughts exactly. Twilight Princess was perfect on the Wii. A Kingdom Hearts game would be just as great. I'm fine with the games being on PSP and DS since I have both, but I don't ever play games on my phone. I'd also rather the big game be on either the Wii or PS2, not PS3. I don't want to buy a PS3 just for FFXIII and the next KH. As you can clearly see, I already have enough game systems to keep me busy, and my room crowded with cords.

• 'splosions

going multi-platform would seriously not be a good idea for the KH series.

there's always one version that doesn't get the same love as the other 2 and I would really not like to see the KH series have flaws on the Wii
    PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
    Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
    3DS: 3050-7580-4526

• Goofy

come on what about playstation 2? every single console deserves to get good games.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by rex22 View Post
    come on what about playstation 2? every single console deserves to get good games.
    Except for leapster.

• RedPlum on the Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGo View Post
    Good thing I didn't make a new thread. I'll post what I was going to on here.

The next 3 titles in the Kingdom Hearts series has just been confirmed. Sadly (well for me anyway) they are not on any major gaming consoles. They will instead be on hand-held systems. (PSP, DS, Mobile)

.......Mobile? Ehhhhhh

When Chain of Memories came out, I didn't have a GBA. The only reason I did buy one was because I heard that you would be able to follow the storyline better in KH2 if you have played C.O.M. To this day, KH:C.O.M is the only game I have for my GBA, which I haven't played since about a month before KH2 came out. Now that the next 3 titles in the series on on 3 new platforms, I really don't want to purchase a PSP, DS, and the game on my phone just to follow the story. What does everyone else think about this platform jump?
    i did the same thing with my ds. i bought it soley for KH Chain of Memories. But then i found they had the sims so i got those games too...thankfully. im really not looking forward to buying a ps3, because again, KH will be the only game i'll have for it. i'm more of a ps2 / xbox360 person...lol

Dreams DO come true!