Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Knott's Berry Farm Ephemera

That area over by Independence Hall was always referred to by Bud as "the lagoon" when I first became acquainted with him in the early 1980's. By that time what was there was a Dentzel carousel, "steamboat" and one of Bud's smaller sized train rides. This area was one of Bud's concession operations, which lasted until his leases were not renewed, as I recall that was in the late 1980's.

At least one of the trolley cars mentioned/shown earlier in this thread is located at the Orange Empire Railway Museum (www.oerm.org). They were used as shuttles from the parking lot to the park.

Those were genuine San Francisco Cable Cars that Walter Knott was able to purchase when Muni retired some original cars from service (replacing them with new cars built in their shops). Knotts converted them to battery powered electric cars. All of these cars have been preserved .

Wonderful! Knott's finally came out with their promised Knott's Bear-y Tales pin. I bought mine — edition of 180.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone have photos of the inside or outside back or side views of the Peanuts Playhouse that used to be in Camp Snoopy until about five years ago? My kids and I have fond memories of this place from visits from the mid-2000s, but sadly I only took a couple of photos of the outside. I searched the web, and only found the same generic photos of the front of the building.

Name:  Peanuts Playhouse.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  46.5 KB

I read that the building used to be a Knotts Bear-y Playhouse, and was created sometime after the Bears were evicted from the Bear-y Tales ride in the Roaring 20s for the dinosaur ride. Also, when Knott's knocked down the Playhouse in the late 2000s, they promised via the media to replace it with something, but never fulfilled the promise (here's keeping my fingers crossed).

Thanks!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone have photos of the inside or outside back or side views of the Peanuts Playhouse that used to be in Camp Snoopy until about five years ago? My kids and I have fond memories of this place from visits from the mid-2000s, but sadly I only took a couple of photos of the outside. I searched the web, and only found the same generic photos of the front of the building.

Name:  Peanuts Playhouse.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  46.5 KB

I read that the building used to be a Knotts Bear-y Playhouse, and was created sometime after the Bears were evicted from the Bear-y Tales ride in the Roaring 20s for the dinosaur ride. Also, when Knott's knocked down the Playhouse in the late 2000s, they promised via the media to replace it with something, but never fulfilled the promise (here's keeping my fingers crossed).

Thanks!
    Being a 90's baby and growing up in Buena Park I too loved the Peanuts Playhouse! I will look online at some blogs and see if there are any interior photos floating around. I'm sure there is.

And here is a video of the Bear-y Tales Playhouse in it's 1980's glory!

And here's a screenshot of the front of the playhouse from that video since it's a little choppy.

Name:  3016603807_f900b00310_zps8b1aea11.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  98.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Being a 90's baby and growing up in Buena Park I too loved the Peanuts Playhouse! I will look online at some blogs and see if there are any interior photos floating around. I'm sure there is.

And here is a video of the Bear-y Tales Playhouse in it's 1980's glory!

And here's a screenshot of the front of the playhouse from that video since it's a little choppy.

Name:  3016603807_f900b00310_zps8b1aea11.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  98.0 KB
    Thanks for posting that! I never had the chance to see the Bear-y Playhouse. I grew up with Knott's (and Disneyland) in the mid- to late-1970s and early 80s. After that, I think I only visited once (not counting a couple of trips to the Halloween Haunt) until I became a parent in the 2000s. If I had known they would remove the playhouse, I would have taken lots more pictures.

I'm glad the Looney Tunes playhouse is still around in Magic Mountain, but with the recent removal of the Log Jammer, its days may be numbered as well.

Still hoping someone here might have pictures of the inside of the Peanuts Playhouse or side or rear exterior of the building, though.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That's a great pin! But sad such a limited edition.

I remember the Bear-y Tales Playhouse. Compared to the ride, kind of weird to see the elements like that and a little run down as I recall it, but that video was very good to see and remind myself what it was like. The park does truly need another dark attraction.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Still hoping someone here might have pictures of the inside of the Peanuts Playhouse or side or rear exterior of the building, though.
    I did some heavy Googling and came up pretty short handed. However, there are a few videos and photos of the interior I saw. As far side and rear exterior, unless someone here happens to have them, we might be out of luck..

I did some heavy Googling and came up pretty short handed. However, there are a few videos and photos of the interior I saw. As far side and rear exterior, unless someone here happens to have them, we might be out of luck..
    Thank you for taking the time and effort to look. I did some Googling a while back, and didn't really find much, either. Wish that Knott's had a parks blog like Disney's where they show historical photos and attractions. The Knott's Facebook page has a lot of that, especially lately, but the images are really small and you can't see much detail.

It's interesting that the Facebook page is writing about old attractions like the Bear-y Tales and past/present photo comparisons. I am hopeful that the new Cedar Parks and Knott's management is making an effort to update and preserve some of the classic attractions like the Log Ride.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Thank you for taking the time and effort to look. I did some Googling a while back, and didn't really find much, either. Wish that Knott's had a parks blog like Disney's where they show historical photos and attractions. The Knott's Facebook page has a lot of that, especially lately, but the images are really small and you can't see much detail.

It's interesting that the Facebook page is writing about old attractions like the Bear-y Tales and past/present photo comparisons. I am hopeful that the new Cedar Parks and Knott's management is making an effort to update and preserve some of the classic attractions like the Log Ride.
    There are many blogs around that post old photos that you might find interesting. My personal favorite is Gorilla's Don't Blog. They post a little bit of everything which is cool. But here are some other blogs that might have some old photos of the Peanuts/Bear-y Tales Playhouse. I'd contact some of the folks that run these blogs and see if they have any they can send you, and if they don't I think you might be out of luck..

Let's Talk Knott's

The Knott's Berry Farm Museum

Early Amusement Parks of Orange County

Knott's Preserved

There are many blogs around that post old photos that you might find interesting. My personal favorite is Gorilla's Don't Blog. They post a little bit of everything which is cool. But here are some other blogs that might have some old photos of the Peanuts/Bear-y Tales Playhouse. I'd contact some of the folks that run these blogs and see if they have any they can send you, and if they don't I think you might be out of luck..

Let's Talk Knott's

The Knott's Berry Farm Museum

Early Amusement Parks of Orange County

Knott's Preserved
    Thanks again for all your help, and for the links to those blogs. I was up a lot later than I should have been a couple of nights ago looking through Gorillas Don't Blog. The same thing happened when I found the Disneyland Old Photos and Ephemera discussion thread a few weeks ago--I really enjoy looking at old photos of the parks, comparing them to what is there now and what I remember from when I was growing up.

• New Member Goes Forth

Thanks for sharing. they are some great items
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Parking Lot > DCA

Thanks again for all your help, and for the links to those blogs. I was up a lot later than I should have been a couple of nights ago looking through Gorillas Don't Blog. The same thing happened when I found the Disneyland Old Photos and Ephemera discussion thread a few weeks ago--I really enjoy looking at old photos of the parks, comparing them to what is there now and what I remember from when I was growing up.
    No worries! Hope you enjoy!

If you happen to find the photos of the Knott's Playhouse you're looking for make sure you post them in here!

For those of you on Facebook, try the "Knott's Preserved" Knott's fan page. It's got quite a few Bear-y Tales images and a few of the Playhouse too.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knott...75903632427821

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast