Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Batman with a Gun

Bel Air, California, United States, United States

Re: Knott's News: WindSeeker to be delayed until Summer due to relocation

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Anyone else feel the same way?
    My biggest issue isn't the coasters in general, rather that the support beams are all over the darn place. It's not attractive to walk around and just see steel pillars just awkwardly thrown about.

It ruins the aesthetics and makes me remember days when I walked around unencumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The last time Knott's really cared about theme was when they put in Ghostrider which they took great pains at the time to match to Ghost Town. After that everything went downhill pretty quickly.
    Ghostrider was the last ride designed and built by the Knott family. Cedar Fair bought the park before it was built and seriously toyed with the idea of not building the coaster at all. Saner minds prevailed and the coaster was built.

Now, if only we can convince them to really refurbish the ride and make it smooth again...

Oh, and I'm definitely going to ride the new ride. It is amazing!

• Minion

Since I won't be renewing my pass for Disneyland again for the foreseeable future I bought a pass for Knotts instead. I haven't been there ever since Ghost Rider had just opened so I was shocked at the changes I had seen and NOT in a good way. It was coaster overload that seem to invade almost every foot of available real estate. Gone was the lake, the chapel, the woodsy feel of camp Snoopy. The only area NOT covered in coasters was Ghost Town. I was really quite saddened by the way the park looked like now. At least my favorites like the Calico Mine Train and Log Ride are still there.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

At least for me I think this was a good move.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Since I won't be renewing my pass for Disneyland again for the foreseeable future I bought a pass for Knotts instead. I haven't been there ever since Ghost Rider had just opened so I was shocked at the changes I had seen and NOT in a good way. It was coaster overload that seem to invade almost every foot of available real estate. Gone was the lake, the chapel, the woodsy feel of camp Snoopy. The only area NOT covered in coasters was Ghost Town. I was really quite saddened by the way the park looked like now. At least my favorites like the Calico Mine Train and Log Ride are still there.
    Tink and I had the same shock a year or so back when we bought passes. I had wondered why the AP's were so cheap... got our answer pretty quick.

On the bright side it wasn't overly crowded that year and the kiddos enjoyed the cheap cheesy Camp Snoopy. It was mainly Tink and I who missed the old Knott's we remembered...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I have to agree with Knott's being a decent, cheap option for families. I'm having serious So Cal theme park withdrawl (won't be back for another six months ), and I was looking at what Knott's / Camp Snoopy has to offer little kiddos. Not much, certainly not as much as Cedar Park offers coaster fans.

Personally, I have issues with Knott's Berry Farm (VERY bad family outings there when I was a kid, still traumatized 20 years later), but for the current $24.99 adult ticket promotion (heck, even for the $39.99 AAA ticket) I'd be totally willing to ignore all of that so my 5 and 2 year olds can enjoy some quality time with Charlie Brown, Lucy, and some greasy fried chicken...

• will-o-the-whip

If Knott's wants to attract young families they really need to up their game. They removed the Peanuts Playhouse and replaced it with... nothing. A Snoopy dark ride is a no-brainer. Cedar Fair needs to hire Sally Corp. to draw one up and install it in all their parks. Knott's needs to stop with the cheesy coasters, and concentrate on theme and attractions for young families and tweens.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

It frightens me that Cedar Fair can look at Six Flags and say "Yeah, let's do that!". It's so sad that Knott's is slowly dropping themeing everywhere in the park and is just throwing in random ride after random ride. Windseeker is nothing new and exciting.

As far as a dark ride, Kingdom Of The Dinosaurs has been gone for six or seven years now and that building hasn't been touched. That just shouldn't be. Why take things out and replace them with nothing as has already been mentioned.

Seriously, it's sad to see a place that I loved as a kid just slowly dissipate into a Six Flags knockoff.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    It frightens me that Cedar Fair can look at Six Flags and say "Yeah, let's do that!". It's so sad that Knott's is slowly dropping themeing everywhere in the park and is just throwing in random ride after random ride. Windseeker is nothing new and exciting...Seriously, it's sad to see a place that I loved as a kid just slowly dissipate into a Six Flags knockoff.
    I remember hearing that KBF is Cedar Fair's only theme park and the only CF park on the west coast. If that's true, this unfortunately makes sense. If you've got management that don't know the difference between a theme park and an amusement/coaster park and who may have never been to KBF, I can see how this happened. Think about the boneheaded decisions that come out of Florida because of One Disney. Same principle.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Ok time for cocoa

Only theme park, only full time park (their other parks close for the winter), but there is another park up north, in the bay area.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

One of the best things about going to Knott's (in my opinion) is seeing the ice shows during the summer and winter holiday periods. I still enjoy walking around the Park, going on the log ride and mine train. But over all, the theme park has lost a lot of it's original charm. One can only hope they'll bring back more nostalgia and create, or re-theme, what's in the Park.

And side bar, I'm glad they're keeping the Sky Cabin. They just need to really clean it up and make it presentable again. And I haven't decided if I'll go on the new WindSeeker yet, looks pretty intense.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    It frightens me that Cedar Fair can look at Six Flags and say "Yeah, let's do that!". It's so sad that Knott's is slowly dropping themeing everywhere in the park and is just throwing in random ride after random ride. Windseeker is nothing new and exciting.

As far as a dark ride, Kingdom Of The Dinosaurs has been gone for six or seven years now and that building hasn't been touched. That just shouldn't be. Why take things out and replace them with nothing as has already been mentioned.

Seriously, it's sad to see a place that I loved as a kid just slowly dissipate into a Six Flags knockoff.
    Oh Good Lord, here we go again. Knott's, IMO, is aiming for a middle ground market: kids growing out of the Disney stage, but too young for the SFMM thrills. In that sense, it's a great park, and to accomplish that goal, sometimes theming will be less than ideal. But so what? It's not trying to attract a heavy theme audience to begin with--that audience is going to Disneyland already. They'll pay tribute to the history that's still there (hence, rebuilding the peek ins, reinstating the steak house, and recreating the original George Washington fireplace, etc.), but they also want and should cater to some stronger thrills. So can we just get over it already?

And the KOD space has been long discussed. It's a no win situation for Knott's, and they know it. If they do put in a dark ride, people will in variably complain that it's not as good as Disney. Would you bother with all that work just for people to dis it?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    Only theme park, only full time park (their other parks close for the winter), but there is another park up north, in the bay area.
    Actually, two. Great America and Gilroy Gardens.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    And the KOD space has been long discussed. It's a no win situation for Knott's, and they know it. If they do put in a dark ride, people will in variably complain that it's not as good as Disney. Would you bother with all that work just for people to dis it?
    It'd be nice to see anything in there. Taking a ride out and leaving an empty space doesn't make any sense to me. That's a lot of area that's not being used.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    Actually, two. Great America and Gilroy Gardens.
    actually three, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom as well (plus, if you will, Santa Cruz boardwalk).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast