• Future Indy Castmember

Design your own Knotts Halloween Haunt Maze

Figured we can have a non-disney armchair imagineering fun too. Since there are a couple of mazes likley to not return this year, what would you put in to replace them?

Present your ideas here!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• (Not a) New User

Re: Design your own Knotts Halloween Haunt Maze

Hmmm.... how about this?

The Lair of the Werewolves (to replace Labyrinth):

You've been sent on a mission to find the king of the werewolves and kill him because he has been sending his minions to go take humans. You must enter the werewolves' cave and journey to the center to find him. You would travel through their home, seeing the bloody and gory corpses of the beasts' food. As you walk through, you find that the humans are not being taken for food, but rather are being sacrificed for the king. Then, you confront the king, who is a huge animatronic near the end of the maze, in the heart of their sacrificial chamber, complete with a partially-skinned human (I'm sure they could borrow one from Slaughterhouse). After seeing the horrors, you flee and barely escape the clutches of the king.

Of course, as Knott's has never done a maze about werewolves (as far as I know), this maze would require brand new werewolf costumes, which would be pretty awesome.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    Of course, as Knott's has never done a maze about werewolves (as far as I know), this maze would require brand new werewolf costumes, which would be pretty awesome.
    There has been a werewolf maze in years past (Curse of the Werewolf) and had a mechanical werewolf as well. As for replacing Labyrinth, I'd rather see something that continues on the necropolis theme involving their blood machines. But the werewolf idea is cool, but from what i am told, the wolf costumes they have now are too hot to scare in. And i doubt they would have everyone in prosthetics.

• (Not a) New User

Oh, okay. I figured that because they have a werewolf maze at Great America's Haunt (in Santa Clara, also owned by Cedar Fair) they could do it at Knotts too

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

The Invasion

I propose that when CornStalkers has finished its run, a new (and actually scary) alien maze should take its place. The beginning would be a small house or shack with photos and newspaper clippings relating to aliens covering the walls. On a whiteboard would be a translation of alien heiroglyphics, which would spell out things later on in the maze (like in the queue for Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye).

A small section of the maze would contain towering stalks of corn (a "crop circle" section). Towards the end of the maze, guests enter a government quarantined tent/building. There are heavy winds blowing from all directions and a bright flood light shining down from the ceiling. From here, the guests are "abducted" and taken aboard the ship, where we see grotesque, horrific experiments taking place.

The music that would be playing throughout the maze is a loop of "Owolowa" by Atli Örvarsson from The Fourth Kind soundtrack.

These were just a few ideas I thought would be cool. It's not nearly enough to span an entire maze, but it's a start, right?