Knott's Country Fair

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had gone to Knott's this weekend to see the Country Fair. I'm thinking about heading up this Friday, and was wondering if people felt it was worth seeing. It looks like the racing pigs will be gone by Friday, but I'm sure there'll be other things to see.

Also, how are Spring Break crowds at Knott's? Will the Friday of Easter weekend be insane, or just busy?

• former CM

Knott's

Quote Originally Posted by Flealick View Post
    Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had gone to Knott's this weekend to see the Country Fair. I'm thinking about heading up this Friday, and was wondering if people felt it was worth seeing. It looks like the racing pigs will be gone by Friday, but I'm sure there'll be other things to see.

Also, how are Spring Break crowds at Knott's? Will the Friday of Easter weekend be insane, or just busy?
    I was there yesterday, and while I was not overwhelmed by the County Fair stuff, the reason to go is to get a Knott's "Season Pass" for just $59! It doesn't expire till December 31--8 months from now--and it has no blackout dates!

This offer ends on May 1.

And Knott's will make you appreciate Disneyland more. I asked two employees where the County Fair was and neither one could tell me. In fact, one actually said, "I don't know, they don't tell us anything. I don't even know why I'm wearing a nametag." As a former Disneyland cast member I feel qualified to say that this person who was working on the kids Scrambler should have been enjoying herself and working much harder. She then apparently felt guilty for such a terrible answer to my question and took the time to look at my map and schedule and figure it out. (I didn't have my glasses.) That would have been cool, except that there were about 8 little kids sitting in the sun waiting for her to start the ride while she took her time chatting with me.

Another example, while I'm ranting. In the large bouncy house, there are two sides of the rack where kids put their shoes. The employee waits till every kid has his shoes on till the next group enters the area. It she simply had them put their shoes on, on the other side near the exit, kids waiting to get in could enter much sooner and the capacity of this ride could be dramatically increased.

And as I mentioned on another Knott's thread, the wings on the Red Baron kids ride Looked filthy. (This ride is Snoopy themed, like a smaller version of Dumbo with plane vehicles instead of elephants and a less scenic view--and adults can't ride.)

And Independence Hall really needs paint!

So while Knott's is wonderful with
    --its man in jail who talks to you--like a low-rent Turtle Talk with Crush for degenerate adults,
    --its train that actually gets held up
    --its still cool Mystery Lodge
    --its log flume, coal mine and stage coach rides,
    --its saloon show that reminds me of Disneyland's long-gone Golden Horseshoe Review
    it also makes me appreciate Disneyland more.

Go to Knott's, get your season passes, and have fun!

P.S. The Pink's Hot Dogs are good, as is the boysenberry pie! (While I'm sure they are made from the same products, the Pink's hot dog I had at Universal wasn't as good. And I remember loving the ones I've had in Hollywood.)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-18-2011 at 02:36 PM.