• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Last Chance on Knott's Season Pass at just $59.99. Price Goes Up May 1st

Just a tip folks. We've just learned that Knott's will be raising their Season Pass prices on May 1st. So, this is your last chance to pick up a pass for just $59.99, which we feel is a bargain. The pass has no blackout dates.

Knott's new WindSeeker attraction will be opening this summer. The 300 foot tall monster will swing riders around high above Orange County. While I personally will enjoy this attraction from below with my feet planted firmly on the ground, I know many of you (like Fishbulb) will relish the feeling of flight.

As a side note, guests can upgrade to a Gold or Platinum Season Pass for additional charge. Knott’s Gold Pass offers all access to Knott’s 13-acre Soak City water parks in Orange County, Palm Springs and San Diego. The Platinum Season Pass also offers access to all 17 Cedar Fair Parks including free parking (excluding Gilroy Gardens). You can find more info about Knott’s Season Passes at www.knotts.com.

Saturday is the last day to purchase at this rate.

Cheers,

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• "I Break Things"

Re: Last Chance on Knott's Season Pass at just $59.99. Price Goes Up May 1st

I didn't know they owned Gilroy... cool!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Actually they don't own Gilroy Gardens, they have the operating contract with the foundation that owns it.

Could someone please explain to me why Knott's got rid of their annual pass?

Also, the price for the season pass went up $5, so it's still reasonable.
    Last edited by Not My Real Name; 05-06-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Functional & Decorative

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine processing has a big part of it. The new passes are renewable remotely, with no need to go in person anymore, like it had been for a while.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    Could someone please explain to me why Knott's got rid of their annual pass?
    From what I understand, it was to better align themselves with the rest of Cedar Fair's operations.
    -Monorail Man

• "I Break Things"

Am I the only one who sees comedy in the fact that there is less of a "season" now and the price is higher?

• Functional & Decorative

The season's not any less if you get it at the first of the year, like all the Six Flags parks. And aren't all prices going up, even Disney? I mean, that's not really a surprise, is it?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    The season's not any less if you get it at the first of the year, like all the Six Flags parks. And aren't all prices going up, even Disney? I mean, that's not really a surprise, is it?
    right but purchasing later in the year means less physical days you can use said pass... So in effect they're charging "more" to use it "less". You would think the discounts would roll out as the days get less and less, not the other way around.

Last year, around October, they sold a pass good for the rest of 2010 and all of 2011. I think I'll wait and see if they do that again.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• former CM

Knott's is still a great value.
    When our train was robbed there today, the bandit asked my daughter if she had any money.
    When she said "No," he responded, "I guess that's why you're here instead of Disneyland!"

We only went for three hours in the morning (free parking near the entrance) and because of the earlier drizzle, we seemed like the only ones in the park for the first hour or two. We went on the log ride four times in a row without getting off in between rides.

My five-year-old said,"I LOVE Knotts!" about a dozen times this morning. Many nice employees!

• Goofy

lol that joke is funny.