• Circle of Ancients

Coasting for Kids - Join Team MiceChat or make a donation!!

Good Afternoon MiceChat,

For those of you who don't know, Knott's Berry Farm is hosting an event this Sunday for Give Kids The World. Give Kids The World

I am registered for the event this Sunday which means I will be riding Jaguar for 10 hours. (wheee?) If you'd like to make a donation to this wonderful cause, you can go to my fund raising page here. Coasting For Kids -- Knott's Berry Farm

If you'd like to register and do the event, you can do that here. It costs $40 to join the event. FirstGiving - GIVE KIDS THE WORLD - Coasting For Kids -- Knott's Berry Farm

I created a "MiceChatters" team so if you'd like to join feel free to join that team. Should be a fun day and I'm sure we'll get some MiceChatter's to come out and say hi throughout the day!!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Coasting for Kids - Join Team MiceChat or make a donation!!

We really appreciate you doing this Clinks! I've sent you a donation and we may stop by the event on Sunday as well.

I hope others will join us in either supporting you or doing the event themselves. Give Kids the World is one of our favorite charities.

Creating magical memories for sick children is a wonderful cause.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Coasting for Kids - Join Team MiceChat or make a donation!!

Did the awesome event yesterday, so much fun!!!

Some fun facts about Jaguar that you can only know after riding somewhere between 180-200 times in one day.

- Jaguar has 9 left turns and 6 right turns
    - Jaguar goes under itself 4 1/2 times and over itself 3 1/2 times (If you've ridden it you know what this means)
    - Jaguar goes over/under the following other rides: Montezooma's Revenge, Railroad, Kiddie railroad, Stagecoach and Silver Bullet
    - The Supports inside the station are a different shade of purple than the supports outside (or the ones outside are just faded)
    - In the Windseeker construction area there is a red and blue wheelbarrel
    - The cushion on the seat in the Bobcat in the construction area is Green
    - If you are riding Jaguar on July 24th between the hours of 3pm and 4pm and want to have shade while waiting when "stacked", sit in the last 5 rows
    - There is an ice cream wrapper in the water under Silver Bullet
    - Windseeker is tall
    - There is a stack of rocks near the railroad, there are between 8 and 10 rocks in this pile
    - It takes 10-11 maintenance workers to push the Montezooma's Revenge train into the station after the morning check is done
    - If you ride Jaguar for 9 hours in one day your A$$ is going to really hurt the next day
    - Knott's really does know how to put on a great event and took care of us in every way from a nice continental breakfast (not just Donuts), Chicken Dinner lunch, water when we needed it, afternoon snack, etc. The ride-ops and PR dept (Thanks Jennifer and Neidy) were fantastic!!!

Now a few pictures:

Sign announcing the event, that hardly anybody paid attention to. Apparently people get pissed when they have to wait.

Jaguar

I raised the most $$ at Knott's and this was my prize. In addition to the free Knott's ticket you get for doing the event, I got 4 additional Knott's tickets, a coasting for kids shirt, a Knott's shirt, an I "heart" Knott's coffee mug, some preserves, mixes, etc. It really is a nice package and was totally unexpected.