Thread: windseeker!!!!!

windseeker!!!!!

i watched windseeker do test runs tonight. with the lights on, that ride is beautiful. did anyone else catch it? what do you guys think???

• former CM

I was there too and I agree that it looks beautiful at night! Large, elegant, spectacular, impressive, perfect. . .etc. On the bars and chains that hold the swings, there are red, white and blue lights that "move" and look fantastic. They were testing the ride with one large, white test dummy in one of each of the two double chairs, but no people were on it when we walked up. (I believe there are 36 double chairs so 72 can ride each time.) But brave Knott's employees have been riding it.

I spoke with an enthusiastic Knott's employee at the attraction who had ridden it repeatedly. (While we spoke, a few Knott's employees approached expecting to test ride it, but were told they weren't doing that that moment.) This employee told me that they can load it in one minute, send it up for a three-minute ride, and then unload it in one minute. She doubted a claim she had heard that Cedar Point got 10,000 riders on it in one day. She said "we did the math" and think that 8,000 per day will be the max capacity, but she seemed very keen on beating Cedar Point's actual record, whatever it might be.

I think the music was from a movie (but I couldn't remember which one), and it sounded like it was performed by an orchestra.

If you go on this ride, please describe the experience for us.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 08-16-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Added "per day" after 8K because it confused readers. Sorry!

Re: windseeker!!!!!

ive seen the other windseeker at cedar point and it was a harry potter song. maybe the same song??

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    ive seen the other windseeker at cedar point and it was a harry potter song. maybe the same song??
    I think I would have recognized Harry Potter music. And Universal might have exclusive theme park rights to that.

They should play uplifting classical music for their soarin' over Buena Park.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    She doubted a claim she had heard that Cedar Point got 10,000 riders on it in one day. She said "we did the math" and think that 8,000 will be the max capacity, but she seemed very keen on beating Cedar Point's actual record, whatever it might be.
    I seriously doubt even the 8,000 riders per hour. Pirates, on a good day, may get 4,000 riders per hour, and it's considered one of the top capacity rides in the industry. Someone is seriously pulling your leg, or really misheard things.

The King's Island website (where another Windseeker resides), quotes the more realistic figure of 1,280 riders per hour. Do the math: assuming the 5 minute total ride cycle that means 20 rides every hour, and there can only be a max of 64 people per ride. 20 x 64 = 1,280, not 8,000.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Banned User

They should play uplifting classical music for their soarin' over Buena Park.
    They should play some metal on there to make the experience more energizing. :P

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I seriously doubt even the 8,000 riders per hour. Pirates, on a good day, may get 4,000 riders per hour, and it's considered one of the top capacity rides in the industry. Someone is seriously pulling your leg, or really misheard things.

The King's Island website (where another Windseeker resides), quotes the more realistic figure of 1,280 riders per hour. Do the math: assuming the 5 minute total ride cycle that means 20 rides every hour, and there can only be a max of 64 people per ride. 20 x 64 = 1,280, not 8,000.
    I wrote 10,000 per DAY and thought readers would get that I meant 8,000 per day too. My bad, I guess.

I think the Knott's version can seat 72 riders, but I'm not certain.

Yes, Freakazoid, metal would be energizing, but I don't imagine that insufficient energy will be a problem for riders whose feet are dangling 300 feet off the ground.

• Banned User

8,000 riders per an hour is completely and utterly bogus.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i'm looking forward to seeing Windseeker lit up at night, but still have no intentions of riding it.

i'm kinda hoping i'm too large to ride it, then i can use that as my excuse instead of the fact that it terrifies me
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• former CM

Smile Re: windseeker!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    8,000 riders per an hour is completely and utterly bogus.
    I just added "per day" (in post #2 above) after 8K because more than one person thought it meant "per hour." Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 08-16-2011 at 12:56 PM.

• Program

We have a Windseeker at Canada's Wonderland... pretty lackluster, IMO

I'm so looking forward to riding Windseeker, day or night. The view is what I'm after it's gotta be beautiful up there. I so miss the Parachute Jump and the ability to enjoy that stunning view.

Windseeker never seemed like a thrill ride to me, but more like a giant carousel 30 stories in the sky. It seems like something I can ride over and over again as opposed to Supreme Scream which I can hit maybe twice in a day.

Totally looking forward to riding it!

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Here are some pics from yesterday's operating day. Much thanks to Darin Barnes who was there to snap pics during the unannounced opening weekend.

"All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Dang! Those are good pics. The new ride is quite photogenic; more so than Supreme Scream.

Can't wait to see it at night!