Windseeker - Now Open

[Link to unauthorized site removed] is reporting that Windseeker opened today at Knott's.

---------- Post added 08-18-2011 at 03:08 PM ----------

Jeez.......I was just citing my source, and it wasn't even a link. If I said that the LA Times was reporting the same thing would you remove that too?

---------- Post added 08-18-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

If anyone was wondering, the site I cited was [Removed due to attempting to circumvent something that is obviously blocked]
    Last edited by elly; 08-19-2011 at 07:05 AM. Reason: see bold text

• Goofy

Re: Windseeker - Now Open

i can't wait to see the trip report on wind seeker.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

There are reasons why they are blocked from this site. If you have any problems, pm a moderator.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

perhaps the most credible source would be the official Knott's twitter account (@Knotts) who posted this very information themselves yesterday
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Just saw Windseeker from the freeway. It's REALLY tall!
    Favorite Characters;

Woody
    Eyeore
    Sebastian
    Tarzan

Favorite Rides / Attractions;

Captain Eo
    O Canada!
    Autopia
    Snow White's Scary Adventures
    Tuck and Roll's Drive 'em Buggies
    Expedition Everest
    Rock n Rollercoaster

I'm so excited! I can't wait to ride it for myself. I saw it in testing phases and even popped over today to take a peek and a few pics. The ride looks like a very gentle and smooth one. If you're expecting some kind of Supreme Scream repeat, Windseeker isn't it. The ride looks more like a carousel 30 stories high. I'm all over it and can't wait to jump on board and see that view!

Quote Originally Posted by scrappydawg View Post
    [Link to unauthorized site removed] is reporting that Windseeker opened today at Knott's.

---------- Post added 08-18-2011 at 03:08 PM ----------

Jeez.......I was just citing my source, and it wasn't even a link. If I said that the LA Times was reporting the same thing would you remove that too?

---------- Post added 08-18-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

If anyone was wondering, the site I cited was [Removed due to attempting to circumvent something that is obviously blocked]
    LOL, this post is all types of hilarious!

"I just read on [edited, unauthorized site]. Hey! I was only citing my source from [edited, stop being a jerk!]."

LOL
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Yes, I agree. That's really funny!
    Favorite Characters;

Woody
    Eyeore
    Sebastian
    Tarzan

Favorite Rides / Attractions;

Captain Eo
    O Canada!
    Autopia
    Snow White's Scary Adventures
    Tuck and Roll's Drive 'em Buggies
    Expedition Everest
    Rock n Rollercoaster

• Minion

One of Knott's sister parks Carowinds (located just out side of Charlotte NC) announced this morning that we'll be getting a windseeker next year. Has anyone ridden it yet?

• former CM

Windseeker

Today was my solo trip to go on a couple of rides I can't go on when accompanied by my usual six-year-old companion. I went this morning and thought I'd be one of the first people on Windseeker today by arriving at 10am. But Knott's didn't open the area with Windseeker, Xcelerator and Jaguar till 11am, so I went on the Silver Bullet for my first time. I liked the way this coaster started, but then I thought it tried too hard--too twisty--too many spins for me, but then again I'm middle aged.

When I got to Winseeker at 11am it still wasn't opened yet--technical difficulties. I was told it would probably open soon, so I went on Xcelerator for my first time. There was a long line to sit in the front car, and fewer than that number to ride the rest of the train. Actually there were only about 12 people waiting for the front row--the park was pretty empty today--but with just one train running today, I thought it might take 25 minutes, so I chose to just get right on a car further back. I went on this three times in a row, never in front, but I had no wait. Good ride! Great launching speed, then smoother than I expected. I felt like I would fly up out of my seat when we came over the top--which was cool--and on my second and third trips I hung on, just in case.

Then finally I went to Windseeker three times in a row. I walked quickly off the ride and got back into line and was able to get right on again each time. I was assignened the seat on the right and no one was seated next to me. On each of the three trips there were many empty seats. I liked the not-too-loud flying music from movies. Very good ride. And I felt so secure I barely felt any fear of heights.

"Windseeker" is a good name because it is a bit windy up there, but (today) pleasantly so.

At the top you do look down on where Supreme Scream's vehicles reach their apex, which surprised me because from the ground Windseeker and S. Scream look equally tall.

I could make out Disneyland's Tower of Terror, but it wasn't a clear day and that was the only Disneyland landmark I could identify. (From the roof of Disneyland's Mickey and Friends parking structure, I've been easily able to see some of Knott's distincitve, tall landmarks about 5 miles away.)

Windseeker may be a challenge for some to get off of. I predict that there will be a lawsuit (hopefully not successful) after a man injures a testicle struggling to get off with the middle plastic piece sticking high up between his legs. I had a close call the first time I jumped off.

If I were to do today over, I would call ahead to find out when Windseeker is supposed to open. I would arrive a little before it opens, walk quickly to get in line to ride the front row of Xcelerator, and then go to Windseeker. If I were going alone and wanted to sit in the front row of a coaster, I would not bring a backpack or anything else I could take on the ride. Things you can't bring on a coaster are stored on the other side of the coaster from the side you enter, so you must walk past your desired seat, store your backpack, then return to the coaster. I did this, but had the slightly uncomfortable task of announcing that I was saving my seat and will be back. It's doable, but next time I just won't bring anything extra so I can sit right down.

It looked like Knptt's was just starting to construct the mazes for the
    Haunt, which begins in just nine days. It was hard for me to imagine them being ready in time. The stage for The Haunting show was coming along. Sorry, Charlie.

I was out of the park well before the three-hour time limit for my free parking in the lot with the entrance just south of TGIF.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-15-2011 at 12:23 PM.