Knott's questions from a newb visiting in late October.

I have never been to Knott's Berry Farm ... or Knott's SCARY Farm/Halloween Haunt. This year we are going to the Disneyland "Not-So-Scary" Halloween Party... and I thought it might be worth spending a day of our trip at Knott's. However, I do not know what to expect at that time of the year (last weekend of October). In fact, I pretty much know NOTHING about Knott's generally. Are the Halloween specific parts separately ticketed events? If I get a ticket to that event... can I still ride the rides? Will I even WANT to ride the rides with the Haunt stuff going on? I guess it goes without saying that it will be extremely busy. Is it even worth it to go when it is super busy? Does the Haunt start before sundown? Sorry for the newb questions. Just trying to put the pieces together and decide if it's worth the detour.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Knott's questions from a newb visiting in late October.

You can go to Knotts in the day, or the Haunt at night. Both are seperately ticketed. If you plan on going to the park during the day this time of year, you kinda get cheated. 1. The park closes early for the haunt and 2. A lot of the areas are cocered up, or roped off because of teh Halloween event.

I would honestly go to the Haunt, or not go the Knotts at all this time of year. Hope this helped.

---------- Post added 09-09-2011 at 11:15 AM ----------

Also, the closer you get to Halloween, the more crowded it is. If you are going last week of October it's going to be a madhouse. If you don't mind waiting, you'll be fine. Make sure you get there RIGHT when it opens. Also, keep an eye on MiceChat for review of the mazes to see which are must-see ones.

Keep in mind, dates that late in the month could sell out so choose early.

Thank you SO much for the info. That really helps.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Cool! Glad to help out.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

the last weekend of Haunt will be its most crowded, however Halloween night itsself is pretty empty AND a great night to go imho. if you need to go a diff night, i'd suggest thursday or sunday, those'll be your best bets for the least amounts of crowds

as to ride, i always recommend going to Haunt for Haunt, the rides are there are year long, Haunt isn't if you can get all the mazes and shows you wanna do out of the way then by all means hit up any rides you want to, but i'd always make Haunt related stuff the main priority

hope you have a fantastic time!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Circle of Ancients

In addition to what Elly said ... the longest waits for the actual "rides" are actually during Haunt. If you go to Knott's on pretty much any other day of the year, the rides will not be as crowded as Haunt nights.

In October, during the day the park is not busy, but as was said above, that's because the park closes early. If you are wanting to go to just experience "Knott's" I wouldn't go to Haunt.

Thanks for the responses. I am sure the advice will come in handy.

Don't know the cost for this year, but Knott's has offered Haunt Front-of-Line Passes for an added fee in the past. They are soooooooo worth the expense.

Also, don't miss the Hanging, an irreverent Haunt tradition!

Haunt Fast Fright Lane passes are for sale this year. They are $50 (in addtion to your regular Haunt admission). Based on the weekend you are planning to go, it may be worth it. Especially since it includes one-time front of the line acces to their major coasters too.

Here is the description from Knotts' website...

Front-of-Line Halloween Haunt Maze Access

Valid for Fright Lane voucher that allows you to bypass the regular wait lines for all 13 of our Haunt mazes, PLUS one time front of the line access for each of the following rides: Xcelerator, GhostRider, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, Supreme Scream and Boomerang

Haunt is Knott's Berry Farm's signature event and SO worth a visit. But it is scary and a little gory. It is not recommended for kids under 13. And the shows are a little bawdy and raunchy. If you can handle the scares and screams, and aren't easily offended, I highly recommend haunt.
    The fright lane passes are now $60 each, and totally worth it if you are going on a friday or saturday. If not, you probably won't need one.
    Daytime visits are a good option if you just want to visit the park. October is a light month, with school back in and no major holidays, so there is ample opportunity to get on all of the rides and see all of the attractions. But due to it being off-season, some rides may be closed for maintenance. And on weekends during the day, camp spooky is going on for the kids.