Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

Best mazes and shows at the Scary Farm in 2011?

So what was your favorite maze and your favorite show at Knott's Scary Farm this year?

My Favorite Maze: Virus Z (Love the actors & sets!)

Favorite show: The Hanging
    (Perfectly paced and the shorter guy--whom I believe is in the daytime Cowboy Stunt Show--was doing some excellent fighting stunts. I won't mention the hanging victim, but he/she was perfect. No moment = to the World of Color parody from last year, but better overall. I think the WOC last year also stood out more because the rest of the 2010 show wasn't as strong as 2009.)

• aka the scorpion eater!

I would have to say that my favorite mazes this year were Delirium, Lockdown, Endgames, and Uncle Bobo's... I have always loved Bobo's as its colorful, trippy, full of clowns, and is like walking through a scary fun house. Lockdown and Delirium go so well together and I like both of those mazes a lot. Endgames was crazy, the music was awesome, loud, crazy, and there were so many times that I was cornered in it or made to walk through alone, so being the jumpy person I am, many of the monsters in there got me good... like seriously!

I also gotta say, the street Talent in Ghost Town was awesome... In fact there was a certain monster stalker I have in that zone (Vyrus) who I tracked down and he scared me good... He was apparently looking for me all night according to Elly's tweets... I have to say that numerous times in fog alley something would get me so Ghost Town was my favorite scare zone... The costumes in Necropolis are amazing and the Clowns in Carnevil are not scary, but are comical and funny in a stalking way.
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Re: Best mazes and shows at the Scary Farm in 2011?

I think my favorite the last2 years is Corn Stalkers, I think it is the setting and integration of the monsters into the set. Delirium and Endgames were both good and being new worth the effort to see. At the other end of the list is Dia De Los Muertos, which besides being colorful, has nothing going for it. It had about a zero of a scare factor.
    The biggest waste of a themed ride has to be The Mine Ride, even if you can just walk right on, the length of the ride alone is wasted time you will never get back.
    Ed Alonzo is a must see, the Hanging, though enjoyable, was a lot funnier last year. I think the theme of the show hampered the material.
    Over all a great night with the mice chat gang.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Top 3
    1. Virus Z
    2. Delerium
    3. Terror of London

Bottom 3
    1. Calico Mine train (WTF was that crap??!!)
    2. Fallout
    3. Dias De los Muertos

---------- Post added 09-28-2011 at 12:59 PM ----------

And also, I enjoyed Ed Alonzo more than the hanging...both were great!

• (Not a) New User

My faves this year were Delirium and Virus Z. I also liked Fallout Shelter but it seemed different from last year. Did they mess with the layout or was it just me? Also the talent in there seemed kinda bored. Then again, we did go in there ten minutes before Haunt closed, so they were probably tired from oing the same routine for 7 hours.
    I actually didn't like Endgames that much. It was OK. I loved the theme and story, but I think the way they executed it (pardon the pun) was kinda iffy. I thought Invasion beneath also had a great storyline but was executed poorly, but I did think it was an improvement over Black Widow's Cavern. The second time I rode it, it broke down in the scene where you're over the water (though you can't see that because the room is covered in fog). The work lights came on, then like 5 minutes later the lights went out, turning the whole ride pitch black. Then we kept going with ALL of the lights off in the ride. That was actually the best time we rode it I think, because all of the actors were still in there with their flashlights, and since you couldn't see anything, it was a COMPLETE surprise when an actor would pop out. I thought Dia and Bobo's felt a little tired, and that was the first time I had done those mazes. The Hanging wasn't as funny as last year, I thought, but was still a good show! I was looking forward to seeing the Wonders of Technology show, but sadly when we got to the Birdcage, we found that the show doesn't even start until tomorrow (Thursday). I loved the Gypsy Camp and all of the neat little scares they had in there. I'm glad they did something with that space, I felt it was so boring and plain last year with absolutely nothing there. My dad's favorites were Virus Z and Slaughterhouse. I think Slaughterhouse is a great maze, but it's way disturbing, as is of course intended. Last year I almost threw up after that, but this year I knew what to expect (dismembered bodies, filleyed (is that how you spell it) people, the like)

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Top of my list was the revamped Terror of London. It was fantastic and beautifully themed. The actors had me on pins and needles ever step of the way. (And although I don't know which monster called me sexy, thank you for that! It was flattering and scary too. Who are you, I wonder. When I return, I expect more of it!) The new ending to the maze brought the whole experience to a crescendo as we discover the Terror of London in his bloody lair.

I agree with the masses on the Mine Ride makeover, it tanked. Invasion Beneath suffered from the get-go and I think the best way to see it would be in complete darkness. If they had just turned out the lights, it would have been far better. That concept has been done before though. What was the name of the maze that filled Kingdom of the Dinosaurs one year... Slasher in the Dark?

I wish I had seen Ed Alonzo's Psycho Circus, or as Knott's misspelled it on the Haunt map, "Phycho Circus." Regardless of how one prefers to spell that word, I still wish I had seen the show itself as everyone's reviews were wildly positive.

The only mazes I enjoyed out of what they had to offer were Lockdown, Delirium, and Uncle BoBo's. But still those attractions need more help.
    Sorry but the talent in all of these mazes though needs some MAJOR work. I cant stress enough that banging on walls is not scary. Every maze we went through no matter what character that person was they banged on a wall with their clicker gloves.
    The lighting in half of the mazes was HORRIBLE, couldn't even see what detail there was if any.
    Lots of open spaces in some mazes with nothing. Endgames is a great example of that.

Oh and Knott's can you tell some of your actors to put their accessories that they wear during the day away so I cant see them. Also tell actors not to stand in the middle of the walkway with three others talking about whatever your talking about.
    Mine ride and log ride just need to stop doing the overlays, they are completely pointless.

I can see why Universal is selling out more and more every year.
    Sorry Knott's but it was not the best show.
    I have seen better.

• PERRY SCORES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Top 3
    1. Virus Z
    2. Delerium
    3. Terror of London

Bottom 3
    1. Calico Mine train (WTF was that crap??!!)
    2. Fallout
    3. Dias De los Muertos

---------- Post added 09-28-2011 at 12:59 PM ----------

And also, I enjoyed Ed Alonzo more than the hanging...both were great!
    lol, Dia De Los Muertos sucks. Going tomorrow. I hope its at least a little better than last year.

We are the corps The Cavaliers,
    There is no corps we fear,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we know that we never never will go wrong, so
    March onto victory Cavaliers,
    As we march on through the years,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we are The Cavaliers.

1...2...3... SPLOOIEEEE

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

if you're hitting up Haunt this season i can't reccomend the Marty Putz Prank Party show enough. seriously, i find it VASTLY more entertaining then The Hanging and right up there with Ed Alonzo's show (which was the best its been in years this year)

also, check out Cursed, featuring the Red Moon Dance bellydancers in the Gypsy Camp (on the way to Lockdown and Delirium) They only perform on Fridays and Saturdays but their show is so hypnotic and beautiful, a great (and ORIGINAL) idea at Haunt

I haven't decided on a fave maze yet, i still have 8 more trips to Haunt this month and will make a cumulative decision after Halloween
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    . . . I haven't decided on a fave maze yet, i still have 8 more trips to Haunt this month and will make a cumulative decision after Halloween
    Eight more trips to the Haunt?

Awesome!

• (Not a) New User

8 more trips? That's gotta be expensive!

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Eight more trips to the Haunt?

Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    8 more trips? That's gotta be expensive!
    yeah, we're kinda addicts when it comes to Haunt. but i was wrong in my count...

...we only have 7 more trips coming up
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I imagine there must be a horrible withdrawal period... haha

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    we went for MC night, and that Sunday..then had to come back home to Reno for me to work for a couple of weeks....i think the people at my work might want to chase me out some nights becuase of how much i talk about it lol!
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by elly:1056638999
    Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    we went for MC night, and that Sunday..then had to come back home to Reno for me to work for a couple of weeks....i think the people at my work might want to chase me out some nights becuase of how much i talk about it lol!

You know... I feel the same way with the people I work with. I get excited and wont stop talking about it for a week before and then however long I talk about it after coming back... my coworkers had to hear about the mazes, the hanging, vyrus, the maze tour, and the many antics that happened on micechat night
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast