Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Mice Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by dth316:1056776747
    One maze announced so far: Endgames.
    Horrrrribbblllle.
    I'll keep ya updated.
    Yes, and it will be in one of the new warehouses backstage and expanded. Hhmmmmm.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Halloween Haunt 40th Anniversary!

So a new layout and location entirely? Might not be too bad than. I knew it was going elsewhere but I didn't know it was the new warehouse.

So that makes it, so far...
    Warehouse A - Dominion of the Dead *NEW... sorta*
    Warehouse B - Delirium (pretty much guaranteed to return)
    Warehouse C - Endgames *NEW layout & location*
    Wilderness Dance Hall - Unannounced New Maze

• I am not a Krusty Krab

just bring back terror of london and i'll be happy

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Mice Chatter

Yes, they do not want any haunt stuff seen during the day, especially in Camp Snoopy so it's getting a new location.

• Mice Chatter

Returning maze - Delirium for 2012.

SOOOOO unexpected. - _ -
    They need to release the new maze info.

In disappointing Knotts fashion, they're STILL only giving out news of returning mazes. And also in disappointing Knotts fashion, there's plenty of 'em. Here's the update:

Bumper Cars: Dia De Los Muertos *RETURNING* (fourth year)
    Fiesta Village: Virus Z *RETURNING* (third year)
    The Lake: Fallout Shelter *RETURNING* (third year)
    Main Gate: Slaughterhouse *RETURNING* (fifth year)
    Warehouse A: Dominion of the Dead *NEW!...?* (reboot in a new location)
    Warehouse B: Delirium *RETURNING* (second year)
    Warehouse C: Endgames *RETURNING* (second year -- new location & layout)
    Wilderness Dance Hall: TBA *NEW!*

Bumper Cars: TBA
    Mystery Lodge: TBA
    Stagecoach Trail: TBA
    Under Xcelerator: TBA
    Last edited by dth316; 06-12-2012 at 03:36 PM.

• HauntHorror

There might be a 3rd new maze instead of just two. Like we started with:
    *13 mazes - 4 mazes (sleepy hallow, invasions, doll, lockdown) + 2 new mazes (Dominion, wilderness dace hall) = 11 mazes*
    But the Knott's website says 12 mazes this year, so there's one extra maze that is slipping everyone's mind... lol
    HauntHorror-
    Knott's Scary Farm Updater's.

• Mice Chatter

Well they have to start somewhere. Lets just wait until they're done with the returning mazes and shows. Then let them release the other stuff..... happy 40th!

Announced another returning maze:
    Virus Z

So out of 6 announced mazes your telling me only one is a new one? Sorry but Knott's is just not seeing the big picture anymore. They are stuck in their own little world and its really unfortunate. Hopefully the next 6 mazes are new.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Not sure why the backlash for 6 returning mazes, it's been at least that every single previous year with at most 2 new ones that I can remember. And some of the returning ones they claim will be expanded/updated and improved. Delirium (very successful) and Endgames (to be improved) started just last year, and Dominion seems like basically a complete re-conceptualization, so that's three out of the six. I will agree Slaughterhouse will be rather tired at this point, no mistake there.

They save big announcements for later and larger releases of information, and Haunt is more than 3 months away. Construction staring soon if not now doubtless, but there's no suspense if they come out and say every single new thing in one burst as soon as possible.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Not sure why the backlash for 6 returning mazes, it's been at least that every single previous year with at most 2 new ones that I can remember. And some of the returning ones they claim will be expanded/updated and improved. Delirium (very successful) and Endgames (to be improved) started just last year, and Dominion seems like basically a complete re-conceptualization, so that's three out of the six. I will agree Slaughterhouse will be rather tired at this point, no mistake there.

They save big announcements for later and larger releases of information, and Haunt is more than 3 months away. Construction staring soon if not now doubtless, but there's no suspense if they come out and say every single new thing in one burst as soon as possible.
    It's the 40th year...you'd think they'd have at least 4 new mazes....especially since NO new rides are opening at the park this year

Problems for me and why I'm complaining:
    - Log ride and Mine Ride mazes = GONE.
    - You'd think with two heavy attractions missing, they'd put more focus on new mazes.
    - Actually, this is the very first time they slowly rolled out the info for the event. Every year before, we knew every single maze all in one day (aside from 1 or 2 mazes they were excited about during West Coast Bash time).
    - These "updates" they speak of are very weak sounding. "More gallons of blood" for Virus Z. The "Pillars of SomethingOrAnother" in Delirum. What the heck does that stuff even mean?! The only REAL update so far is Endgame is getting a new location and layout but if it's anything like it was last year, it'll still remain as one of the worst mazes in history.
    - Slaughterhouse AGAIN? This just shows Knotts has lost it's touch. If they're willing to return this for a fifth year, what else will they return? Uncle Bobos? Dia? They desperately need a 3 year rule and if they haven't figured this out by now, when will they? I could have not attended since 2009 and came back this year and not have missed much, or anything for that matter!

At this point, I do not plan to attend this year. I'm really hoping something convinces me to go but at the looks of it, it seems at least half of the mazes will be on their third year and running (one of them being for a FIFTH YEAR! Ugh, just wow).

I wouldn't mind spending my money on two trips to HHN and then checking out something new instead. I love Haunt and I've gone every year since 2000, but they need to get their crap together.

The creative team has lost it. Thats what makes me a little upset.
    There is absolutely no reason to keep the same maze for more than 2/3 years. There are tons of haunts out there as well as big guys like universal that change up their attractions every two years or even every year.
    Now you can keep the same theme but the story should be totally different so essentially the maze is new. Im hopping they do this to endgames but knowing Knott's it will be the same. Universal has done it with Freddy, first time they did it the maze was a compilation of the nightmares from the different movies. The next time they did Freddy it was based on the new movie and was a completely new maze.
    Knott's keeps the same everything and maybe changes a few things. Last year Knott's changed up BoBo's but the changes were not completely drastic. It was still the same maze experience, no story changes or anything.
    Why would the general public want to keep going to an event that never changes? You need to compete. Knott's needs to get off of the whole, "we are the biggest event" and so on. Nobody cares about that. People want to see quality and get scared and see things they have not seen before. They need to compete with the competition and if they choose not to they will fail, its as simple as that. The numbers don't lie.

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 12:27 PM ----------

Ya know for their 40th anniversary they should have said, "we are doing 8 mazes their year and every single one of them is new" 8 all new mazes, new shows, and new scare zones.
    Now thats is a good 40th.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie140 View Post
    The creative team has lost it. Thats what makes me a little upset.
    There is absolutely no reason to keep the same maze for more than 2/3 years. There are tons of haunts out there as well as big guys like universal that change up their attractions every two years or even every year.
    Now you can keep the same theme but the story should be totally different so essentially the maze is new. Im hopping they do this to endgames but knowing Knott's it will be the same. Universal has done it with Freddy, first time they did it the maze was a compilation of the nightmares from the different movies. The next time they did Freddy it was based on the new movie and was a completely new maze.
    Knott's keeps the same everything and maybe changes a few things. Last year Knott's changed up BoBo's but the changes were not completely drastic. It was still the same maze experience, no story changes or anything.
    Why would the general public want to keep going to an event that never changes? You need to compete. Knott's needs to get off of the whole, "we are the biggest event" and so on. Nobody cares about that. People want to see quality and get scared and see things they have not seen before. They need to compete with the competition and if they choose not to they will fail, its as simple as that. The numbers don't lie.

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 12:27 PM ----------

Ya know for their 40th anniversary they should have said, "we are doing 8 mazes their year and every single one of them is new" 8 all new mazes, new shows, and new scare zones.
    Now thats is a good 40th.
    Universal for the most part only has two mazes that return every year...and thats the Tram and House of Horror's

Besides that we almost always get at least 3 NEW mazes sometimes a Big one like Saw or House of 1,000 comes back for a second year.

Though do we think its because of budgets or they can't think of new idea's? Cause if its the people not having better idea's...sorry but they should be fired and get some new blood in there cause I have some sick idea's that would bring people in

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast