Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Halloween Haunt 40th Anniversary!

Dia returning is horrible news. That is seriously one of the worst mazes they've ever done, yet they keep bringing it back. Which leaves room for 3 more mazes for 11 total.

haunthorror, I'm not seeing anywhere that it says 13 mazes -- with Mine and Log both gone, that takes the total down to 11. Unless they found some new maze space to fit two whole mazes, I'm pretty sure they'll stick with 11 but considering all of Camp Snoopy is out of the question, I kinda doubt it. Also, I suppose it's still possible Mine and Log will come back afterall. OR they'll announce those two locations as maze-rides when really no monsters will be in them, which is just false advertisement. Besides, they NEED to stick with lowering their maze count down so they can work on budget. If they're gonna stick with 13, I actually won't see that as a good thing and will more likely see it as the opposite of them getting their act together -- that they STILL are out of touch.

So with only 3 maze spaces left, what's gonna get the axe? Terror of London? I doubt it, it's a very popular maze and one of the best they've done. If they'll bring back Dia and Slaughterhouse, I don't see the logic in taking this one down.
    Cornstalkers, as much as I like it, I think will go as it's just not practical to keep it up throughout the month. So that's a new maze in the Stagecoach area.
    Uncle Bobo's... I'm 50/50 on that but something tells me they're leaning on the "keep it" side.

Which may mean only 3 new mazes. Which would be fine if this were any other year, and if the ideas were terrifying enough. But only 3 out of 11, with more than half still around for more than 3 years? C'mon Knotts... you can do better... nobody would cry if you changed your minds last minute and did something exciting instead.

Very clearly saw a picture of the Uncle Bobo's sideshow sign (in regular condition, no alterations yet) sitting next to the Fallout Shelter sign backstage. Although Haunt does repurpose their stuff, I'm gonna go ahead and place it as if it's official.

Bumper Cars: Dia De Los Muertos *RETURNING* (fourth year)
    Fiesta Village: Virus Z *RETURNING* (third year)
    The Lake: Fallout Shelter *RETURNING* (third year)
    Main Gate: Slaughterhouse *RETURNING* (fifth year)
    Under Xcelerator: Uncle Bobo's *RETURNING* (fourth year)
    Warehouse A: Dominion of the Dead *NEW!...?* (reboot in a new location)
    Warehouse B: Delirium *RETURNING* (second year)
    Warehouse C: Endgames *RETURNING* (second year -- new location & layout)

Wilderness Dance Hall: TBA *NEW!*
    Mystery Lodge: TBA
    Stagecoach Trail: TBA

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

wasn't it just 5 or 6 years ago there were 4 or 5 new mazes in one year? i'm so disappointed that the fans of Haunt seem to care more about it being the 40th anniversary than the powers that be at Knotts. we went to Haunt about 11 times last year, and went thru Dia a grand total of 1 times, its a poor, poor maze (esp after seeing what HHN did with the La Llorona mythos).

and i know i can't be the only person that's worried a bit about the "return" of Dominion of the Dead, i'm really hoping we're pleasently surprised by it, but man..the first year Ripper and I went to Haunt (1998) we went thru Dominion of the Dead over and over and over and over and over. Its by far my personal fave Haunt maze of all time and i don't want my memories of that incarnation possibly ruined by this one.

I'm sad to say this is the first year since we started going to Haunt in 1998 that i'm not overly excited about anything.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Quote Originally Posted by spankyourstank View Post
    Yes, last I heard was that they are attempting to go through the process of getting a full park license to serve alcohol. They cut it off last year when they found out their license expired.
    That's not what I heard. The booze at last year's Haunt was cut off by the new General Manager at the park. The gals wandering about with trays of glowing vodka shots was not the image he wanted Knott's to have. Also, it was a concern for parents with teenagers visiting the park.

Knott's liquor license remains unchanged and valid; the park has chosen to stick with serving beer and wine. Hard liquor is still available at the hotel and for Knott's private events.

• Mice Chatter

[QUOTE=lynxwiler:1056782396]
    That's not what I heard. The booze at last year's Haunt was cut off by the new General Manager at the park. The gals wandering about with trays of glowing vodka shots was not the image he wanted Knott's to have. Also, it was a concern for parents with teenagers visiting the park.

Knott's liquor license remains unchanged and valid; the park has chosen to stick with serving beer and wine. Hard liquor is still available at the hotel and for Knott's private events.
    Alcohol was only confined to designated "beer" gardens, and it had to stay in those areas. Those areas only allowed 21+ in with a wristband.

That's what I heard from the Foods department. The director of Foods was let go not to long ago with one of the reasons being the expired license, resulting in alcohol stopped being served even in the Saloon of all places. Lol, only place inside the park now is GTG and Spurs.

[QUOTE=spankyourstank;1056782627]
    Quote Originally Posted by lynxwiler:1056782396
    Alcohol was only confined to designated "beer" gardens, and it had to stay in those areas. Those areas only allowed 21+ in with a wristband.
    That's what I heard from the Foods department. The director of Foods was let go not to long ago with one of the reasons being the expired license, resulting in alcohol stopped being served even in the Saloon of all places. Lol, only place inside the park now is GTG and Spurs.
    The park's liquor license isn't gone or even compromised, it's just rarely used. I attended a private party at the park a few weeks ago and enjoyed a Whiskey in Ghost Town. At this Friday night's private party at the Chicken Dinner Restaurant I expect I'll do the same.

• Mice Chatter

So anythings, lets get back on topic.

They announced the return of the Midnight Witch Hanging, let the screams echo in the night.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

So anythings, lets get back on topic.

They announced the return of the Midnight Witch Hanging, let the screams echo in the night.
    Good news!

• Mice Chatter

Ed Alonzo will be returning with an all new show "Ed Alonzos Funhouse". Magic, dancing and surprises around every turn.

I swear Knotts is so lame. For the last 2 weeks, they keep saying crap like "the Haunt bag is overflowing with terrifying creations" yet their last couple of announcements are the lamest things ever. And when people call them out on it, they just keep saying "patience, it will soon all be revealed." Announce your new mazes already, UGH. No matter what they are at this point, it's bound to disappoint. Either we've been expecting something big because of the lame announcements or we're expecting something fairly lame to coincide with the other lame announcements.

NEW MAZES FIRST and then feed us the other crap we don't care about. END OF STORY.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I swear Knotts is so lame. For the last 2 weeks, they keep saying crap like "the Haunt bag is overflowing with terrifying creations" yet their last couple of announcements are the lamest things ever. And when people call them out on it, they just keep saying "patience, it will soon all be revealed." Announce your new mazes already, UGH. No matter what they are at this point, it's bound to disappoint. Either we've been expecting something big because of the lame announcements or we're expecting something fairly lame to coincide with the other lame announcements.

NEW MAZES FIRST and then feed us the other crap we don't care about. END OF STORY.
    To built up tension you start with the "not as interesting" bits of News and Move up to the really Big and exciting stuff

Well, not really. Think of how movies work. If you were bored and uninterested for the first hour, would you care what happens during the finale?

Tension is more of a fluctuating thing that builds excitement and lowers it at unsuspecting times. To really build tension, they'd release new, old, old, old, old, new again, more old, more old, etc..

I think what you mean is they're trying to build anticipation

Which isn't working. As I've already given up!

• Mice Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by dth316:1056785938
    Well, not really. Think of how movies work. If you were bored and uninterested for the first hour, would you care what happens during the finale?

Tension is more of a fluctuating thing that builds excitement and lowers it at unsuspecting times. To really build tension, they'd release new, old, old, old, old, new again, more old, more old, etc..

I think what you mean is they're trying to build anticipation

Which isn't working. As I've already given up!
    So anyways, moving on..... again!

No surprise, Terror of London has been announced to return. BOOOOO!!!
    Well... I do like that maze but... c'mon.

Bumper Cars: Dia De Los Muertos *RETURNING* (fourth year)
    Fiesta Village: Virus Z *RETURNING* (third year)
    The Lake: Fallout Shelter *RETURNING* (third year)
    Main Gate: Slaughterhouse *RETURNING* (fifth year)
    Mystery Lodge: Terror of London *RETURNING* (fourth year)
    Under Xcelerator: Uncle Bobo's *RETURNING* (fourth year)
    Warehouse A: Dominion of the Dead *NEW!...?* (reboot in a new location)
    Warehouse B: Delirium *RETURNING* (second year)
    Warehouse C: Endgames *RETURNING* (second year -- new location & layout)
    Wilderness Dance Hall: Pinocchio Unstrung *NEW!*

Stagecoach Trail: TBA *NEW?!*
    Last edited by dth316; 06-18-2012 at 01:05 PM.

I still don't see any point in bringing a maze back after 2/3 years. Idk I don't think the event will be popular with a majority of the guests this year. I don't know who's pulling the strings now but raffi should step in and at least have the team come up with more ideas.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast