Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Mice Chatter

I see where your coming from, and I agree with you. I guess i just leave my opinions until I experience it first hand. Then I would post what I think. The "girlfriend" comment made me chuckle.

I don't build things up in my mind, in case of disappointment. Ill just let them post and update. So far it sounds like some interesting things are going. I'm excited!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Halloween Haunt 40th Anniversary!

FINAL MAZE LINE UP:
    Backstage: The Untitled VIP/Interactive Maze *NEW!*
    Bumper Cars: Dia De Los Muertos *RETURNING* (fourth year)
    Fiesta Village: Virus Z *RETURNING* (third year)
    The Lake: Fallout Shelter *RETURNING* (third year)
    Main Gate: Slaughterhouse *RETURNING* (fifth year)
    Mystery Lodge: Terror of London *RETURNING* (fourth year)
    Under Xcelerator: Uncle Bobo's *RETURNING* (fourth year)
    Warehouse A: Dominion of the Dead *NEW!...?* (reboot in a new location)
    Warehouse B: Delirium *RETURNING* (second year)
    Warehouse C: Endgames *RETURNING* (second year -- new location & layout)
    Warehouse D: Trick-Or-Treat *NEW! - NOT based on the movie*
    Wilderness Dance Hall: Pinocchio Unstrung *NEW!*

The addition of the new VIP maze is exciting news. This is EXACTLY what Knotts needed to make itself stand out from the competitors, especially for their 40th. It truly does seem like they're trying and putting some of their best ideas forward for this one. However, I can't help but think how much greater these new mazes could be if they chopped off 2 or 3 of the old mazes to up the budget on the whole. Slash off Dia, Uncle Bobos and Slaughterhouse, and we would've had a 9 maze line up that would be phenomenal. Then I would have genuine faith that Knotts is looking to put the best quality mazes out there instead of focusing on quantity. How much the upcharge will be (if there is one) is still uncertain. There's also still surprises in store for the mine ride and the log ride.

All of the additions this year are great but they're bogged down by the 3+ year repeats that are beyond tired. They steal the thunder from what could be a sensational line up. One could just say, "well, don't go through the old repeats than." True, but it still wouldn't amp up the budget on these newer mazes, which is my main problem here. If Knotts could put out 20 mazes a year with jaw dropping, realistic and detailed sets, I wouldn't care if they were new or old at this point (as long as a good amount of them were new). My concern is the quality, which just looks phony when I pass by the 30th blank screaming victim's head they use in every maze.

Anywho, I look forward to reviews for this year on the deciding factor of whether I'll go or not. Next year, at this time, is a definite but this year I'm on the fence. Hopefully Knotts served up a delicious dish for their 40th!

• Mice Chatter

So the VIP maze is named "Trapped" hhmmm.

Also, little birdy told me that there is some sort of "theme" for this years 40th, and that theme will be incorporated interactively into some of the mazes. Be on the lookout for some type of official announcement.

Question Re: Halloween Haunt 40th Anniversary!

Backstage: The Untitled VIP/Interactive Maze *NEW!*... Nope
    It's actually over in the Lazer Tag arena (Next to Johnny Rockets)... But it has been confirmed it is NOT a lazer tag event... Which is a huge relief! But you do have to make a reservation to go in the actual maze... We'll see how that works out!
    "Eating the World's Population, one person at a time!"

• aka the scorpion eater!

Now I have to find 5 other people to do the VIP maze with

Then again, I have a feeling that it will be like most "extreme mazes" as in being amped up on intensity and/or requiring more interactive elements that takes you from the vantage point of just passing through and observing like you do in most other mazes to actually "being a part of the maze/show"... I find things are scarier when you are told to place your hand into a dark corridor just to pull a lever to open the exit door or stuff like that where it takes you from just observing to actually "doing"... I am assuming there will be plenty of interactive stuff in the VIP maze.

Now I just gotta find 5 others to take this on with... And pick a date to go... Do I wanna go Micechat night or do I wanna go and sneak a Haunt trip somewhere into Gay Days weekend?
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

i heard it is going to be like mckamey manor.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• aka the scorpion eater!

I have never been to McKamey Manor but after seeing some stuff on youtube of it... O...M...G...!!! That looks intense as ever... But it would be amazing for the pure fact it takes from observer like you are in most haunted houses to actually being a part of it.

That home Haunt looks wild and more intense than any typical Haunted House... I know that Trapped is probably going to be a lot worse and I know on the Knotts facebook page they were hinting that "no light weapon or lasers of any kind will protect you" which probably means there will be plenty of pitch black darkness... But the masochist in me wants to take it on... Though I probably know that I will be insanely traumatized by the end of the night.

If I think what Vyrus does to me every year is bad by stalking me in his scare zone and having Elly tweet me that he was looking for me in Gypsy camp to terrorize me, I could assume that inside Trapped, its going to be 10x worse.... LOL!
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

• Mice Chatter

There will be a Haunt Museum showcasing the last 40 years of chills. The museum will be open BEFORE haunt opens and will be in the currently vacant shop next to the Magic Shop.

There goes the rumor for it being used as a workshop for PINOCCHIO UNSTRUNG.

• Mice Chatter

SHOWS
    *The Hanging, parody show
    *Midnight Witch Hanging (same stage? Who knows)
    *Blood Drums
    *The Gypsy show (the name slipped my mind, my apologies)
    *Ed Alonzos Funhouse

I think that is all so far. Sounds like the Bird Cage Theater and Wagon Camp are getting new shows. I really enjoyed Marty Putz : ( and I don't think anything has been announced for the Boardwalk Ballroom yet.

Usually they just throw an annoying radio station in front of the Boardwalk theater, so I wouldn't count on them having anything there. I don't think anything has been there for 2 or 3 years now.

Anywho, important news nobody mentioned here yet:
    Trapped reservations will cost $60 per group. $75 per group if you wait until the day of.
    Whether your group is just you or up to the maximum of 6, you pay $60/$75 no matter what.
    Trapped will also be 17+ and those underage will need someone of at least the age of 17 to let them in.

• Minion

I wonder if mazes in Warehouse A,B,C,D are together. like continuously and wait in line only once. or is it separate like wait in line 4 times.

Previously, Warehouse A and B were connected so I think they'll stick with that since the exit for one is pretty close to the entrance of the other. Not sure how the other ones will factor in. My guess is three of them will be connected while the other one for Trick-or-Treat, which is a bit further away, will be it's own. I could be wrong though.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Previously, Warehouse A and B were connected so I think they'll stick with that since the exit for one is pretty close to the entrance of the other. Not sure how the other ones will factor in. My guess is three of them will be connected while the other one for Trick-or-Treat, which is a bit further away, will be it's own. I could be wrong though.
    oh thx

ohh, i'm excited to go this year. I wonder what kinda candy the Trick-or-Treat maze will give or how will that will even work. we'll see.

interesting, I went in 2010 and did all the mazes and haunted rides in one nite, woot! I'm just sad they got rid of the Corn maze & Club Blood. I don't think ima go on the vip maze cus it might sell out. Now I just need to find a strategy to go on all the mazes and rides this year in 7 hours.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^so the VIP maze costs extra? do we have a source on this

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    oh thx
    I don't think ima go on the vip maze cus it might sell out. Now I just need to find a strategy to go on all the mazes and rides this year in 7 hours.
    You can buy tickets for Trapped starting Friday, I believe -- or that might be just for AP. I'm not sure. But either way, they're selling them way in advance so I don't think you should worry about them selling out unless you're one of those people who like to go spur of the moment. Even than, there's a lot of negative feedback from the price so on the day of, you may be in luck but you will pay extra if you wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^so the VIP maze costs extra? do we have a source on this
    Check the Knott's Scary Farm Facebook. It's ALLLLL on there.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast