• Mice Chatter

Knotts Expansion

Here's just an idea I had because I had some free time on my hands. Lol

Looking at Knott's, there is actually a decent amount of room to expand, if they wanted to. They use a large amount of land just for parking (South, West and North lot) if they can consolidate parking to just the East lot, that would open up those other lots.

North lot, which currently houses Landscape and the stables, can be used for additional storage to clean up the boneyard that is backstage.

West lot, which currently has parking for guests and employees, can be used for admin offices. It could have a walkway above Western Ave for easy park access. This lot could also house the general warehouse, its big enough. That would clear a large chunk of backstage.

South lot (west of the trees), currently guest parking, could be the new employee parking structure. With access into the S-3 gate into backstage. East of the trees would remain flat for hotel guest parking. Park operations, reprographics, mailroom, employee services, ect will remain backstage for easier access, possibly all in a new building where the general warehouse currently sits. That cleans up the entire east side of backstage for possibly an extended ghost town or new area.

Still working on some ideas for the marketplace.

That's how much free time I had lol this thread is just for fun. Feel free to add your ideas. Thanks!

Re: Knotts Expansion

Here's mine for north, south and west. north could have a expansion for like a multi phase area of thrills removing the perious plunge and replacing it with a new water ride like divertial and on the right of the ride a new area with a giga coaster right in the and that's 2 new coasters there.
    In the west a all new area could replace the old mystery lodge with the park's second wooden coaster that is produced and would also be part of the multi phase mabye gci could make it but a all new area would work as a expansion to ghost town itself and finaly in the south tgi. friday's is replaced by the moved and way bigger mr's knotts chicken so and in ghostriders place a extended track with topper track from rockey mountain and removing some of the parking lot a little bit more mabye the rest of the parking lot that's near the backstage entrance with extended parking and a new route and more greener stuff life roses and flowers and the left side of the road would fit.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

the LAST thing that Knott's needs is more coasters.

I enjoy looking at maps on Google and and looked at Knott's and came up with a few scenarios myself a while back when I was slow at work but had to look like I was busy on my computer. You may have to look at Google maps to follow along...

1. Create a parking structure on the main parking lot, ala Disneyland, adequate in size for the influx of guest that come throughout the year (especially for Haunt) in the upper section close to the beach Blvd and La Palma corner.
    2. Build a new Hotel, that people would actually want to stay at, on the west parking lot off Western and guest could utilize the Western Gate entrance to Knott's. Also, this would give people a great view into the park.
    3. Create a smaller parking structure on the triangular parking lot between Grand and Beach adequate to accommodate the people that would come for # 4...
    4. Demo the existing hotel expand/extend/update the Marketplace from the turnstile down to Crescent Ave (and get rid of the less than spectacular trinket shop and bring in shops that are more interesting). With a parking structure in place, close off that strip of Grand ave and utilize it as a central courtyard, pedestrian street (ala The Grove in LA) and add shops on both sides of the street. Include a few other restaurants and a movie theater and keep the California Marketplace theme.
    5. Utilize the North lot off La Palma for employee parking. Level the buildings as required and build upwards as required for adequate parking. Connect the parking with a pedestrian bridge themed appropriately that drops employees directly into the park backstage areas.
    8. Utilize all of what is now open parking behind the hotel where the trees are (South lot?) (and isn't utilized in #4 expansion of the Marketplace) as Facilities and Admin space.
    9. What is currently all Facilities space behind Ghost Rider and Bigfoot could be used for expansion of the theme park/ attraction space.
    10. Extend the Water park north to about the end of the grass area (see Google maps) and give the water park a theme that maybe ties into the Independence Hall - maybe like a swimming hole type environment.

Oh, and if money were no object, buy the Buena Park Mall next door and use that space to create Gate #3 (Knott's Buena Park Adventure).
    Last edited by bishop3210; 06-27-2012 at 12:19 PM.

• Mice Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by bishop3210:1056793629
    I enjoy looking at maps on Google and and looked at Knott's and came up with a few scenarios myself a while back when I was slow at work but had to look like I was busy on my computer. You may have to look at Google maps to follow along...

1. Create a parking structure on the main parking lot, ala Disneyland, adequate in size for the influx of guest that come throughout the year (especially for Haunt) in the upper section close to the beach Blvd and La Palma corner.
    2. Build a new Hotel, that people would actually want to stay at, on the west parking lot off Western and guest could utilize the Western Gate entrance to Knott's. Also, this would give people a great view into the park.
    3. Create a smaller parking structure on the triangular parking lot between Grand and Beach adequate to accommodate the people that would come for # 4...
    4. Demo the existing hotel expand/extend/update the Marketplace from the turnstile down to Crescent Ave (and get rid of the less than spectacular trinket shop and bring in shops that are more interesting). With a parking structure in place, close off that strip of Grand ave and utilize it as a central courtyard, pedestrian street (ala The Grove in LA) and add shops on both sides of the street. Include a few other restaurants and a movie theater and keep the California Marketplace theme.
    5. Utilize the North lot off La Palma for employee parking. Level the buildings as required and build upwards as required for adequate parking. Connect the parking with a pedestrian bridge themed appropriately that drops employees directly into the park backstage areas.
    8. Utilize all of what is now open parking behind the hotel where the trees are (South lot?) (and isn't utilized in #4 expansion of the Marketplace) as Facilities and Admin space.
    9. What is currently all Facilities space behind Ghost Rider and Bigfoot could be used for expansion of the theme park/ attraction space.
    10. Extend the Water park north to about the end of the grass area (see Google maps) and give the water park a theme that maybe ties into the Independence Hall - maybe like a swimming hole type environment.

Oh, and if money were no object, buy the Buena Park Mall next door and use that space to create Gate #3 (Knott's Buena Park Adventure).
    Now that's what I'm talking about!! Lol I really like the hotel idea with a special entrance for guests Ala Western. #5 is a bit harder since the north lot is small and I don't think would accommodate the amount of haunt employees during that season and a bridge drop off point would require them to change the stagecoach trail or train tracks since there would be heavy foot traffic. All great ideas!!! I agree, Knott's has enough steel in the park. Its time to bring in some more dark rides in.

In light of the popularity of Buena Vista Street at DCA I'd love to see Knott's bring back the Roaring '20s area.

[QUOTE=Alexshow;1056791310] friday's is replaced by the moved and way bigger mr's knotts chicken

You will never see the Chicken Dinner Restaurant moved at Knott's. The Chicken Dinner Restaurant was there before the theme park. The theme park was built around the restaurant, to give diners at the restaurant something to do while they waited for their reservation. It's the reason Knott's exists. Cedar Fair might do a lot of stupid things, but they're not heretical enough to screw with that restaurant.

---------- Post added 06-27-2012 at 07:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jedited View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by FredSimmons; 06-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FredSimmons View Post
    You will never see the Chicken Dinner Restaurant moved at Knott's. The Chicken Dinner Restaurant was there before the theme park. The theme park was built around the restaurant, to give diners at the restaurant something to do while they waited for their reservation. It's the reason Knott's exists. Cedar Fair might do a lot of stupid things, but they're not heretical enough to screw with that restaurant.
    Though I can see them opening Chicken Dinner Restaurants at the other Cedar Fair parks.

Quote Originally Posted by jedited View Post
    I disagree.

Knotts last major roller coaster was Silver Bullet back in 2004/2005. And since, the park has received two small coasters, which are fun, well, Sierra Sidewinder is, but nothing to write home about.

So its been eight years since Knotts last major capital investment, that is an EXTREMELY long time for Cedar Fairs most attended park to go without a big investment.

And with Disneyland Resort, Seaworld, LegoLand, Six Flags, Universal, and the slew of water parks all adding new additions year after year, its only a matter of time before Knotts takes a hit.

The park desperately needs a new coaster to stay relevant.

For me, I did not renew my Season pass because of the lack of additions and the continue decline of GhostRider. This is the first time since 2002 I have not been a passholder to Knotts.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    I disagree.

Knotts last major roller coaster was Silver Bullet back in 2004/2005. And since, the park has received two small coasters, which are fun, well, Sierra Sidewinder is, but nothing to write home about.

So its been eight years since Knotts last major capital investment, that is an EXTREMELY long time for Cedar Fairs most attended park to go without a big investment.

And with Disneyland Resort, Seaworld, LegoLand, Six Flags, Universal, and the slew of water parks all adding new additions year after year, its only a matter of time before Knotts takes a hit.

For me, I did not renew my Season pass because of the lack of additions and the continue decline of GhostRider. This is the first time since 2002 I have not been a passholder to Knotts.
    i would like to see a rollercoaster based on charlie brown and characters theme coasters if its possible

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Uggh, I would rather not like to see the whole marketplace outside of Knott's (especially the Chicken Dinner Restaurant) not be changed nor removed. Also, what the park needs a refresh on the Roaring Twenty's area, with a Peanut's or Laser tag dark ride and a maybe a coaster themed to the 1920's. But I don't want any new coasters displacing nor infringing on rest of the park.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

I don't think they'll ever change the Chicken Dinner Restaurant, but then again they did tear down the original berry stand so who knows. I'd like to see the giant chicken return to the entrance though. The marketplace does have a lot of wasted potential. The shops always have a lot of people in them, but you rarely see people buying anything. They could probably eliminate one or two of the shops and expand the candy shop and the preserves shop. Have show kitchens where people can see fresh candy and Snoopy candy apples being made. Sell handmade candy canes during Christmas time just like Disneyland does. They could have some displays on making preserves in the other shop and offer samples. I also wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the steakhouse or a BBQ restaurant.

Does anybody remember a Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant that was in Santa Ana/Orange? I seem to remember that there was one across the street from the Mainplace Mall more or less where Barnes & Noble is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    I disagree.

I think what some people may be saying is they are all for investment, just no more steel coaster monstrosities. If they would have built coasters like Thunder Mountain that fit the actual theming of the park, most people would not have a problem with more. It's rides like Silver Bullet that intrude on ghost town (ever try watching the stunt show with the coaster roaring by?) and have made the park look like a collection of steel ugliness. I would love to see them develop things like dark rides or themed rides that fit in with the old theme of Knott's versus just plopping another coaster down in the middle of the park.