Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Get Rid of Silver Bullet

The most popular ride in the park? Yeah, that's not going to happen. Eyesore and poor planning, sure. But it's in and not going anywhere for purely aesthetic purposes. Hate Pony Express much more.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post

It's my understanding that Knott's did NOT buy the Hurlbut property - why, I can't imagine considering it's history and proximity. Wonder if that could have freed up more onsite backstage space?
    According to the LA Times the city of Buena Park bought the property. Amusement company's long ride comes to an end - Los Angeles Times It would be interesting to know what they paid for it. The article says that they plan to "develope" it.

The idea that you can just pick and move a ride of any kind, much less one with the footprint this one has, is kind of funny sounding. This is not an idle suggestion. Moving SB will not solve the overall problem the park has, and that is that it can't figure out what it wants to be.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• Banned User

I didn't notice the Pony Express siting on anything. The park definitely has a space issue. Nothing really fits. Short of starting over, I don't think moving the Silver Bullet will make things better. They need a long term plan. I would be curious to see what happens after they replace the Plunge water ride.

• Circle of Ancients

It's not going to happen. I think the most we could hope for would be a "placemaking" type deal where they re-do the concrete to make it more like Ghost Town and do a bit more themeing in the station/switchbacks.

I think that could certainly help.

I heard a rumor that the city of Buena Park must sell the shop and property that originally was used by the Hurlbut Amusement Company. They bought it soon after Bud Hurlbut's passing. If the Farm could buy that property they could move some shops, etc. behind the Stagecoach Barn and free up space within the park.

Still, why did the City buy it and not Knotts? Were they given the option or did the City just have deeper pockets? "Development" - yeah, look how well that's going with an empty Wax Museum. There's enough existing space on Beach Blvd north AND south of Knott's to do plenty of work without using Bud's property.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

I don't know what the big plans are for Beach Boulevard. The city's been on a buying spree for years and owns quite a bit of that vacant, empty, abandoned strip leading from the 91 to Knott's front door.

Once Starbucks' lease runs out at the Wax Museum site, look for the whole thing to come down.

Hope they keep the neon signage. Or at least donate a portion of it to MONA / The Museum of Neon Art.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12