Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SUCH GOOD NEWS. The ride was lame and short. Knotts need to put something thats e-ticket quality if it will compete against other socal parks for the next decade

• Sock Puppet

Re: Knott's Berry Farm is closing PERILOUS PLUNGE for good, Sept 3rd

What i would love to see although it may be impossible.

is it would be cool and weird to see both Kbt/Kotd brought back next to each other or as an expansion for a new dark ride. Next to the roaring 20's building could be a return of either of the 2 dark rides next to the existing Roaring 20's Building but it would be double times the money to build i bet. Hurts not to dream right?

Another thing that would be good and i finally let my self go from wanting the original experience of Bear-y Tales back into something new. Why not retell the original ride's story in the style of the Peanuts characters in place of the bears? Leave all the same but modernized charm, sets, and story. Just the characters changed.
    Last edited by Althedisneyfreak; 08-15-2012 at 08:42 PM.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ I'd settle for Gasoline Alley.

It's going to be interesting to see what they get for sure. When we went on our recent east coast trip we rode a couple of decently themed coasters with some dark-ride elements. One was essentially "Goofy's Sky School in a box" that was themed after The Dark Knight. It wasn't "Disney" quality, but pretty impressive for Six Flags.

The other was a very nice indoor/outdoor coaster that was VERY family friendly at Busch Gardens, had a really nice show building and that actually had alternating effects kind of like Star Tours. Not to that extent mind you, but different ride elements during each ride. I really think something like that could be great at Knott's and fill a couple of gaps at the park. A dark ride (which is SORELY needed) and another in-between coaster for the younger set.

Here is a video of the ride I'm referring to at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

I think they could do something like that that starts off in the KOD building for a dark ride part (kind of like Mummy at Universal) then a little hill or slight launch out of the building for an outside part where Perilous Plunge is then back into the station.

Now if they could get Jaguar back down to a 42" height requirement as it was when it first opened.
    Good link! Thanks!

I hope the don't put a flight simulator attraction or a 3D movie where the audience gets sneezed on.

•   
    • Ralzap

Bring back the Roaring 20's theme. Re-animate the billboard, and bring back a Knott's themed dark ride. Give the train a tunnel with a theme. A park with so many possiblities other then running roller coasters over Ghost Town....
    Ralzap

I too would like to see a new dark ride. With Knott's new management this is almost what I'm expecting. I have heard many times that they want to draw more on it's past. Being so close to Disneyland I completely understand them going a separate way, because the certainly don't have the funds to match what Disney can pull off. But I don't want to see them keep cramming as many roller coasters as they can onto that tiny park.

I think a new ride along the lines of the classics like, Timber Mountain Log Ride or Calico Mine Ride. Something like those but way more modern. A new straight up dark ride would be nice too, but at this point in time I think they need something a bit more exciting than that. The need something along the lines of what Disney did with RSR (a "disney" ride ramped up for the current generation).

All the coaster enthusiasts seem to think they are getting a huge giga coaster. I think this is incredibly ridiculous idea. A giga/hyper coaster is something that is rumored at most of the CA parks every time a new ride is coming because its a coaster most CA parks lack and everyone wants somebody to build one. Yes Knotts is owned by Cedar Fair but I still think Knotts is the last place we would ever see one.

Knotts is in a weird predicament because of all the other parks nearby. Disneyland is the highly themed family park. Six Flags Magic Mountain is the over the top thrill park. Universal is somehow wedged in between those two, and Knotts is as well but to a lesser extent on the themed side and more on the physical thrills.

I think whatever ride they build next will set the tone for the next few years and let us know what they are thinking. Hopefully it's not a giga coaster.
    Last edited by SLUSHIE; 08-22-2012 at 09:42 PM.

• Doombuggy Rider

I will not miss the Perilous Plunge (a cheap & poorly designed ride from the start) .... I hope the current management of Knotts Berry Farms takes the time to put some thought into this ... another well themed log flume ride would be great, so would expanding Bigfoot Rapids (making it twice as long, going indoors traveling around the back with a Bigfoot experience on par with the Yetis inside the Matterhorn​) ... a half indoor / outdoor experience ... even another Calico Mine Ride (a dark ride that takes you into a show building) since we still have an empty space where the Knott's Bear-y Tales/Kingdom of the Dinosaurs used to be ... I <3 Knott's for being an affordable theme park, but they do need more "oomph" without relying on another roller coaster (there are already enough on the property, so a dark indoor ride, as well as a better water ride would be appreciated) ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

I'm certainly not going to miss this ride. I never rode it and I never plan to. Just ugly and its loading looked slow. Hopefully they replace it with something better.

• will-o-the-whip

No love for Plunge here either. Hopefully Knott's will not put in a Giga coaster that swarms the park. That would be even more disastrous. Hopefully we get a dark ride, actually the park could use two. One themed to Peanuts, and another more for adults like the old Dinosaurs ride, though a Wild West one would be great to complement Ghost Town and have something that Disney doesn't. Knott's needs to differentiate themselves from the competition, and putting in another coaster in a futile attempt to compete with Magic Mountain is doomed to fail.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    SUCH GOOD NEWS. The ride was lame and short. Knotts need to put something thats e-ticket quality if it will compete against other socal parks for the next decade
    Actually, considering this is Knott's, the proper terminology would be A-ticket -- not E-ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12