Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What is Trapped the maze?

I LOVED TRAPPED. Maybe because it was 3 of us from MiceChat so smaller group. Found the waiver to be funny and I think all of us forgot about the safe word period. I LOVED the sets especially the first room (bathroom) one and the morgue. It didn't take us long we actually finished in about 15 minutes because we were smart enough to figure out what to do especially in a couple of rooms. Only scary part for me was an enclosed space but I did it and I had to have help by the guide/monster so yes touching is part of it.

Kudos to Knott's for including a free 5x7 picture of your group. That was very nice of them. Would I do it again? Definitely we ave reservations on Halloween night and either plan to take our time more or else try to see how fast we can get out lol. It definitely is not or those who don't like small spaces.

Hopefully if they bring it back next year it won't be the same.

Of the new mazes Trick Or Treat was just ok to me. However Pinocchio Unstrung was my new favorite. Between the storyline (same as the ride) and the talent I was screaming thru most of that maze. Biggest letdown of new mazes was Dominion Of The Dead. Sorry but the vampires were just standing there not really doing anything YET the premise was they are hungry blood thirsty vampires no Twilight sparkly vampires YET I found this maze to be just that.

• Minion

Is the trick or treat maze very scary. I get scared easily trying to find at least one maze I can walk through

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'd say it was my favorite Maze this year...while short its a pretty good maze...but i'd say it's scarier then other mazes

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I want to buy tickets for the trapped maze.....but what is it? It it just a longer normal maze with a less people...does a guide take you room to room? Or is it a real maze you have to find a way out of?
    for anyone still in the dark on this one......

this is nothing like the other mazes at Knotts

unlike the other mazes where you enter "conga line" style and walk or run through as an observer merely looking at stuff,
    here you enter together as a select group, you enter room #1 with no apparent way out, you have to interact with the environment and you become a participant not merely an observer.

in some ways it's almost like going into a video game or a movie live.

once you and your group figure the way out, you enter room #2 and again are presented with some form of challenge or secret door etc

in each situation there is a "monster" or costumed cast member in character matching that environment who will assist or give clues if you get stuck, all the while ramaining in charecter.

each room, all of the scenery and environments are authentic and very well done,
    and although some charecters may end up touching you at some point, in my experience it was never in appropriate, violent or otherwise undo able.

we had a blast it was fun, a little bit creepy a bit scary and for some of us a bit of facing ones own fears.

it was way worth doing and I hope they do it again next year with new surprises

to answer the cost/value question:
    $60 does seem like a lot of money for just one maze considering we paid less for admission to the whole haunt, but if you reskize that it is not a $60 per person charge but $60 charge for a party of up to 6 people, than it can easily come out to just $10 per person if you can get 5 other people to go in on it with you.

so without any spoilers and to summarize:

1) cost effective if you go as a group and share cost
    2) bang for the buck is there, worth the experience
    3) the quality of the attraction, scenery, challenges etc are up to par if not beyond the other mazes
    considering this is a different kind of maze
    4) if you don't have any fun at all in this, than maybe the haunt isn't for you

• Rides against injustice

Just a quick question about "Trapped". Does anyone know what happens if you have more than 6 people in your group but not enough to for form two groups of 6? We have 11 people in our group and I was wondering if they let you go 6 and 5 through the maze? I tried emailing Knotts but I havent heard back. Would appreciate it if anyone can give me some info on this!!

Thanks!!
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

You will be broken up into two separate groups, and sent through one group at a time. Of course you will be charged for two groups.

Quick question, so when my group through we had the pleasure of enjoying some creepy crawlies...what's this about milk that I've heard?

NGW do you really want to know about the "milk"? I don't want to give away spoilers to those who have not gone into Trapped yet but will be. Let's just say the kitchen room is the part of the maze that is most like Fear Factor...HINT HINT. One can either volunteer (like I did hence I was chosen to drink the "milk") or else someone from your group will be picked.

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkeygirl View Post
    NGW do you really want to know about the "milk"? I don't want to give away spoilers to those who have not gone into Trapped yet but will be. Let's just say the kitchen room is the part of the maze that is most like Fear Factor...HINT HINT. One can either volunteer (like I did hence I was chosen to drink the "milk") or else someone from your group will be picked.
    Oh I already went through Trapped, my group went on the 29th of September, but the "milk" doesn't quite fit our experience, we had something a bit more..crunchy in the kitchen.

Well I call it "milk" but it has so ring else in it (chunky but watery consistency) hence why I call it that. I don't want to talk too much for those who have not done it is all.

Guess it depends on the side they run you thru??? We had the crunchy side.

The ONLY difference in sides is the puzzle room. There is a slight variation in that room. We were told by a reliable source. On our next visit on Halloween night we have Trapped reservations and are going to ask to go thru the other side just to see the difference on the puzzle room.
    The kitchen and the "milk" is the same no matter what side (A or B ) you are on. Everything else is the same.

Smile Re: What is Trapped the maze?

I had a blast this year, today im in this post haunt depression,
    but now that it's over can someone post every detail of trapped, for those of us who couldn't do it?

• (Not a) New User

You mean they were only supposed to give you one? Our group got the crunchy thing AND the "milk"!

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

I think it depends. We did Trapped again last night and thankfully I was picked to try the entree but thankfully no "milk". I just hope they expand it next year, make it much longer (is way too short compared to other ones similar to this one). Plus the challenges in Trapped were next to nothing fear wise. I would love to see them adding a "crawl space" completely dark you have to crawl thru (was wishing they had that), choosing a door to go thru, putting your arm in a pipe just to name a few suggestions hints I hope they consider.

Last night the last room the dead guy was semi rough slamming the lid of the Coffim closed, nearly shoving me down into the bottom drawer. It was like "whoa I gotta take time because it's all the way near the ground".

First room is the restroom with the janitor and one stall is your way out but it's locked. You have to find something someway out that's in one of the stalls which is the underware in one of the toilets. Yes you have to actually stick your hand in the toilet and grab the underware (could have done something better like in Saw where you have to get a key from the toilet or the flush box oh well).

The second room was the rat room. There's a note on the wall saying "Don't touch/pet the rat" with an arrow. There's a fake rat in a cage with one end open that you need to reach n and actually pull.

Once done the door opens and you have to bend in order to fit inside a cage like space. Then it shakes and supposedly fake rat droppings fall thru the ceiling. Not scary and definitely not funny to have rice falling inside your jacket etc. I still have rice trapped when I arrived home and changed for bed.

The next room is the kitchen with the cook. I was chosen to eat a fried silk worm or a cricket. I like the silk works. They're just crunchy and salty mainly nothing grosser disgusting. Thankfully there was no "milk" to have to drink.

They made us exit this room thru the fridge. The next room was the Bloody Mary room. The mirrors of various sizes are awesome as well as the projections and effects. Once finished in this room we head to the puzzle room.

The puzzle room was very easy. The glass walls move forward then open and there were red buttons you have to push to get thru each spot. (I'd love to see some other type puzzle or challenge instead of this room like having 4 boxes and one has a button needing to be pushed to advance to the next room or they could even do a to advance to the next room you must put your arm into a bloody drain.)

The final room is the morgue. This is where a recording starts and the body laying on the table actually wakes up and gets off the table. Depending how many of you in your group someone gets put in the Coffim, two people in drawers in the wall (crypt) and the rest thru a door. (Instead of this room they could do something way better for the finale).

Then you exit and are in the arcade where they take a picture of your group. You get 1 and only 1 free copy so if you go with a group you will need to figure out a way of getting a copy. Knott's really either needs to give a second copy or charge for extra copies. Would make extra money that way and make sure everyone in the group who wants a copy of the picture gets one. This is where Knott's fails.

Im really hoping it comes back. It was never sold out last night. But it needs to be at least 2 rooms longer. And it definitely needs better scarier challenges these are very weak in my opinion. Nothing in Trapped made me cry yet the Green Witch in Trick or Treat did (long story will do a trip report).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast