Knott's Scary Farm opening fright (night)!

Hello all. In addition to the Mice Chat event tomorrow (Sat 9/22), I decided to come tonight as well. I was afraid I couldn't fit all of the shows & attractions in this year's Haunt in one night! I'll try to post some observations before tomorrow's meet. I have already been to Knott's yesterday (shopping for Haunt souvenirs and spooy Snoopys), and the main entrance looks awesome, with a multitude of jack-o-lanterns. Also, walking past Ghostrider, I heard what I assumed to be audio from one (or more) of the Gypsy Camp mazes, very scary sounds!!! I also bought a ticket for the Trapped maze tonight (10:30 pm). I'm on a solo trip this weekend, so if you will be there & agree to share the cost (or if anyone just wants to say hi!), I'll be @ the pre-scare buffet @ 5pm. I'll be the big guy wearing the 40th Haunt cap (tomorrow night I'll be the big guy wearing the 40th Haunt cap & t-shirt!). Unfortunately, I have a dumbphone, so I won't be able to see any responses until I log back on my computer (sometime after 2am Sat AM). I'm looking frwd to meeting everyone tomorrow, this looks/sounds like it'll be the greatest Haunt ever!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Knott's Scary Farm opening fright (night)!

Pleaseeee write a review of trapped...so i can see if my group could "complete" the maze....don't want to pay 60 bucks..if I already know people in the group wont do the challenges..Thanks and have Fun

• Certified in everything

I agree, I'm anxious to know what trapped is like. Would love to hear a review when/if you ever get the chance!
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Goofy

cant wait to read the trip report. have a scary good time

Sportdavid I think we were right in front of you for Trapped! You and I discussed the rat room right after we came out. Was that you?

• ITS A TRAP

I saw tony baxter in my maze opening night
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, sorry for the late response-when I came back to my room 2am Sat
    (Knights Inn, on Stanton, about 3 blocks from park!), my computer wouldn't go online! May have been motel's faulty service, but I've had connection issues prior to this trip as well. In any case, I deeply regret not getting to give everyone some info.
    In case anyone might be making another trip to Scary Farm, here's some of my observations:
    Trapped: It really was worth $60 to do it alone - seeing as how I've been to many Haunts since '79, and the vast majority of times, the people in front or in back of me get Gotcha'd in the various mazes, instead of me. IMHO, I really don't think anyone would need to use the "safe word" to end the experience; if you like the other 12 mazes this year, I think you'll love Trapped. Of all the wild rumours I heard/read about it, I only heard oe that was partially true, so go into it w/ no preconceived ideas! And yes, THE1andonlyAUZ, that was me - you and your group looked like you really enjoyed it as well!
    SHOWS: The ones I really enjoyed this year were Tonga Tiki Terror (Boardwalk Ballroom), it wasn't at all what I expected, pretty funny. Unearthed (Mystery Lodge EXIT-I was misdirected by a Knott's senior staff member, and missed the show on Friday :I ) This was pretty silly, but loved the finale! The Witching Hour (Calico Square) I have to admit the pop-culture send-ups they've been doing the past 25 years or so aren't really my cup of tea (of course I'm in the minority, the square is usually packed for that show). I missed the more serious, actually (attempting) to hang a witch show. How great they brought it back for this anniversary year, maybe they could do this for every 12am hanging in future Haunts? And finally, if your in the corner of Camp Spooky next to that building (it was Edison's workshop or something, wasn't it?), they have a makeshift stage & some bails of hay for seats. The show is advertised as Mephisto's Mecahical Mayhen, and it plays on the hour 3 times (8,9, 10. or 9,10,11, I don't remember, & too lazy to find my map-that's why I did't use Camp Spooky's Haunt name!). Anyway, I wouldn't trek all the way there just for the show (the NE corner of the park, La Palma & Beach), but if you're in that area anyway, try to catch it! None of the other shows were bad, but these are the ones that I wouldn't have minded missing a lesser maze for (ie the clown one, they've been using some of those gags for far too long now, IMHO) Will check now for other reviews, nice meeting some of you!