Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2012 reviews

should i pay for the trick or treat bags? what does the bags give out?

---------- Post added 09-26-2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

oh and is the wind seeker open yet?

The buffet looked great. Where is it? How much does it cost? Is it included with your ticket?
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    should i pay for the trick or treat bags? what does the bags give out?

---------- Post added 09-26-2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

oh and is the wind seeker open yet?
    There's no Trick or Treat bag or candy given out at this event. Trick or Treat is a Brand New Maze for 2012.

I think Windseeker will still stay close for months.

---------- Post added 09-26-2012 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    The buffet looked great. Where is it? How much does it cost? Is it included with your ticket?
    The buffet is located near GhostRider. The cost is $22 per person does not include event ticket.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    There's no Trick or Treat bag or candy given out at this event. Trick or Treat is a Brand New Maze for 2012.
    I believe there is but they are not giving out candy. It's a couple items you collect like a shot glass and more that add up to about the same price as buying the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdavid View Post
    I'm glad you posted this, on opening night, I went to the 10pm show in the NE corner of Camp Spooky (Mephisto's Mechanical Mayhem). While there, I saw a trickster grab a park map out of someone's hand & rip it into pieces. Since there was a yellow-shirted Knott's staffer there as well, I assumed it was for show, but it sounds like maybe not?
    We were there opening night for the 9:00PM show. Donít waste your time on this show unless, you like to see people bullied.
    It's also difficult to determine what in the show is acting and what's real. I saw pushing of people and taking of churros.

BTW, the tricksters took my wifeís map away and tore it up.
    Talked to security about it but, they said there was nothing they could do.

I saw the Tricksters out and about. Luckily they left us alone. The Trick Or Treat bags are $10. You get a nylon backpack that says "40th Haunt" and a random mask that the Atricksters made me put on inside Trick or Treat maze. I ended up with the vampire lady mask and my husband one of the pumpkins. Then there are three trick or treat stands 2 before the maze and 1 after where you take your mask and say Trick or Treat they stamp the back of it and you get a deck of 40th Haunt playing cards, a 40th Haunt keychain ($5) for the keychain, and a skull 40th Haunt shot glass. I think that is so worth the value instead of candy etc. I'm hoping they still have some left come Oct 21st when I go back so I can get another for a friend of mine who loves Halloween. They have a limited number and when they are sold out they are sold out. I did NOT see many being sold the first weekend.

• insert snarky title here

Didn't the name "Tricksters" give anybody a clue? I think it's kind of funny that guests are complaining that a Trickster took away something they got for free, and that is available all over the park. They also set fire to the hotel in Ghost Town. I heard they punched a baby, too.

Trick or treat, y'all.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by madmonkeygirl View Post
    Did we go to the same Haunt? For me so far this year Knott's has an edge to Universal.... The talent this year seems so much more creepier and scarier than Universal. At Universal the actors have to be in the same spot doing the same thing over and over again where as Haunt I was finding the actors following me as well as just down right creepy.
    I think this boils down to a difference in preference. Yes, Knotts' talent move in the maze and yes Universal's stay put and do the same thing. However, I like Universal more because of the exact same distinction that leads you to like Knotts more.

To me, there is nothing scary about a person in a mask following me making noises. It just doesn't do it, I am not scarred. However, I am terrified to the bone when an unknown person/shape/object leaps at me from behind a corner or anywhere else. Shock scares scare me, environmental scares do it more for you. This is why I will always favor Universal, as their mazes are more geared towards what gets me.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

The Trick or Treat bag sold near the queue for the Trick or Treat maze is totally worthwhile. The tchotchkes are cool, but it's that Knott's-exclusive mask that's so incredible. There are five designs available and each one is based on one of the Trickster characters within the maze. I've got the pumpkin head and vampiress so far, but still want to get my hands on the black cat mask.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    Our buffet was just $16 when we added it to our admission in a combo ticket purchases on line. We loved the food, were impressed by how quickly the lines moved, and we enjoyed roaming the monster filled streets at 6:40--20 minutes before the event opened to the public.

In past years Burger King had Knott's Scary Farm discount coupons, but I haven't seen any sign of them . . . yet.

AAA offers discounts via: aaa.com/discounts or knotts.com/aaa .

I just realized I could have made several delicious roast beef, chicken, and turkey sandwiches on dinner rolls and taken them into the park for an 11pm snack. Next year.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

I just realized I could have made several delicious roast beef, chicken, and turkey sandwiches on dinner rolls and taken them into the park for an 11pm snack. Next year.
    Very clever idea! I definitely will do the same thing next year as long as I bring my backpack. Thanks
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Being an El Camino College student, I can get discounted tickets from the ASB department. They're about $10 off. I'm definitely getting one for October 4th, with Elvira. Hope it isn't sold out!
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

After seeing the price of Universal Tickets being 56 bucks for Tommorrow (got lucky and used my AP to get them for 46) Looks like Knotts might the only place i go for Halloween because...there's not lines and it costs lessand more rides are open

JerodDragon Universal is very pricey. We are going tomorrow night with Front of the Lines. Tonight was SOLD out. That's the problem with Universal. They sell out and they really need more to see and do to keep the crowd and lines down. Now Knott's is very affordable. For both me and my husband we were able to buy our Haunt tickets plus the Prescare boo-fet for the price of ONE Universal Horror Nights Front of the Line pass.

It seemed in previous years Universal has won out on Knott's but this year Knott's is definitely the winner. With all the rides, multiple shows, and mazes the lines aren't as horrible as Universal. Why this year we are squeezing in one more Knott's Haunt trip instead of the majority of trips to Universal.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Sold out....even with the 405 closed...and people told to stay home.....shoot...hoping Tomorrow is better

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast