Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2012 reviews

Ya I know. Everyone is told to stay home and what baffles me is the fact that people aren't even if they have to find a way around the closure. We are going to Horror Nights tomorrow with front of the line passes. Luckily we are only 20 minutes from Universal so the closure won't affect us. Now on Sunday we are heading to Paranoia at the Santa Monica Place. Because of the closure I did find directions that don't include freeway driving so I'm hoping the drive there won't be too bad. I'm planning 2 hours travel time and then coming home we have to go out of our way to go the freeway back. (I won't go canyon roads home in the dark).

We unfortunately were victims of the tricksters. They grabbed all of our straws out of our cup, and soda went flying everywhere as the lid wasn't stable. Then just minutes later, they taunted a guy who had just bought a fresh funnel cake, so much to the extent that they knocked it out of his hands to the floor and then ran away. I don't know if that was staged or not, but the guy really did looked pissed. He was wondering who was going to replace his funnel cake for him.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by 999haunts View Post
    We unfortunately were victims of the tricksters. They grabbed all of our straws out of our cup, and soda went flying everywhere as the lid wasn't stable. Then just minutes later, they taunted a guy who had just bought a fresh funnel cake, so much to the extent that they knocked it out of his hands to the floor and then ran away. I don't know if that was staged or not, but the guy really did looked pissed. He was wondering who was going to replace his funnel cake for him.
    You might want to comment on this in this thread: Regarding tricksters

But if what you say is true...and they weren't actors who lost their paid for food items...shame on KSF staff.
    And even if it was an actor who just bought the funnel cake, shame on KSF for wasting food! But that is neither here nor there.
    Just sounds incredibly annoying.

Another Scary year....

A little disappointed in the log ride, with the "Evil Dead" buildup, only to see two live "monsters" inside, one on the main lift and another (the Ash character) on the final lift (note this was very early in the event, maybe everybody was still in makeup?) Oh, and the Mine
    Ride had virtually no haunt content.....:-(

Also the "Carrie" ending of Virus-Z left us a little confused. The woman playing Carrie just kind of stood there wide-eyed with the blood all over here, and there was only one other zombie in the room that was live. The seated zombie hissed at us as we went by and we just walked out....yawn. Don't bother to get up, young zombie, we'll just be on our way.

Trick or Treat, Dominion of the Dead, Pinocchio Unstrung were all fantastic. Great detail on these three mazes.

As to shows, Ed Alonzo was his usual fantastic self, and the women of "Cursed" were great (although the area they were in was waay too crowded!)

In general, some of the mazes seemed to be a little light on the staffing this year. With the exception of the Ghost Town streets, Carnevil, and Camp Spooky, didn't see many monsters in the street, either.

Pre-Scare Boo-Fet now featured self-service drinks and plastic plates/silverware and no servers/waitresses/whatever-you-want-to-call-them. I understand their motives for doing this (speed, convenience, cost), but cutting turkey & beef with plastic knives on plastic plates just doesn't work for me.

Food was good, but no themed sipper bottles this year?? Price goes up, content goes down?

Next year, I'd be tempted to skip the Boo-Fet and buy a Fright Lane pass instead. Maybe go to Knotts' for the traditional Chicken Dinner (real plates, metal dinnerware and food servers!) and
    then just go to the front of the lines using the pass.....

Saw a lot of people using the passes on Trick or Treat, Endgames & Dominion.

Thought they could have done a better job marketing the masks/trick-or-treat bags. We saw them in the windows of the shops, but didn't know where you could buy them...Yes, I know we could have asked, but we didn't.

Never did get into Endgames. The line was closed off and we were beat by that time.

Last edited by Scarecrow; 10-15-2012 at 10:49 AM.

The price for the Boo-fet wasn't raised this year. It was actually decreased. Last year it was with advance reservations $24.99 and this year is $20.99. So there was NOT a price increase in it. I actually perfer the self serve drinks instead of waiting for a server to bring you your beverages. I guess because I had the turkey that I found it ok to cut with plastic knife. The only thing it lacked this year were the souvineer bottles. I mean they sell the regular ones but nothing for Haunt exclusive. Too bad(that's why we are planning on bringing our bottle regular standard park one we bought during the daytime) to save on drinks during Haunt.

Opening weekend and the Fright Pass for the mazes was so not even needed. I think if you go on a Saturday then you probably need it but we went opening weekend and are going on Sunday and again on Halloween so doubt we wil need it on Halloween since it is a weekday and really dead.

The Mine Ride is Haunt over lay. I LOVE it actually was using the same spiel that is used for Haunt during a regular park day. The anamatronics, lights, statues, music, witches cackle, projection is amazing. I feel that for the first time the Mine Ride is just PERFECT. I don't see the need to always have monsters jumping out scaring guests aboard the train cars. The statue of the green witch on the right hand side once you enter the mine made me jump. So kudos to Knott's for a unique way to get regular park guests a taste of Haunt.

The log ride when we rode it had I want to say 4/5 live actors in it. I definitely screamed because I wasn't prepared when they'd jump at the log. I think the less actors the better because every year you KNOW where they are hiding in the log ride. I'm serious it gets OLD and boring. This year I basically was unprepared for a real actor on the last lift hill.

The three new mazes are great and Delerium and Slaughterhouse definitely are repeatable this year. The rest can definitely go.

Im sorry you felt the way that you did. I found many monsters in the scare zones actually and had one waiting as I came out of the bathrooms in Camp Spooky area. They were tonsil that area and would basically come up from behind me and get me because I never watch my back.

This year I feel that Knott's stepped it up in terms of new mazes and a couple of returning ones. I used to rate Universal over Knott's but not this year.

We went on a Thursday Oct 11. The weather was perfect in spite of a possible rain forecast. We had the Haunted Dreams Package at the Knott's Hotel. The cost depends on the day of the week, there were 4 of us and it was just under $500 with the taxes.
    For that we got the hotel with 2 queen beds in a very nice deluxe room. Had a fridge! Haunt admission, dinner buffet, breakfast buffet in the restaurant in the morning, free Hotel exclusive t-shirts for all. parking, souviener room keys with the green witch on them for all 4 of us. You have to take your park tickets with you to the buffet to get your early admission park stickers.
    Our buffet had real plates and silverware and we were served our drinks, with coffee only being self serve. We have the roaming monsters too. Even for locals this should be a good deal. So nice to just walk to the hotel afterwards and plop into bed. Also the hotel gift shop, gives hotel guests 10% off, and they had other shirts, and the hoodies for sale there. So the cute ladies witch shirt cost about $18 instead of $20.
    We loved the log ride and went on twice, just cause we love the ride. We also went on the rapids raft ride. Wish there was easier access to it. Going when we did everything pretty much was walk on. We did wait about 10 minutes the first time we rode the logs. Front of the line passes would have been a waste of money for us. We got to do everything and some things 2 or three times. We waited about 10 minutes also for trapped after we got in line. Also my daughter did not take her wheelchair in trapped, but we added two folks to go with us that we met in the park, and she used a power wheelchair. There was plenty of room, and it did not effect anything. It was a blast for us. We too missed the trick or treat bags, I really wanted a keychain for my daugher. They don't sell them outside that bag, so that was a bummer, but got her a Snoopy one and did get the green witch pin. It was a great trip for us.

Nice review. The Trick Or Treat bags are a very nice addition. I love the keychain, cards and our skull shot glasses plus the bag is nice. I will definitey use my bag. The ladies witch Haunt shirt I got a 10% discount with my season pass actually when I bought mine in the park. So anyone who has a season pass can get the discount. I still feel it is worth the cost regardless.
    We used to do the hotel package but with so many Halloween events we attend we can't justify spending that amount of money. Maybe if we lived out of town or further away it would be worth it.

I love love love Trapped. However now that I've done Delusion going back n Haloween
    for Trapped not sure if I will like it the same now that I've experienced Delusion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123