Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Regarding tricksters

Knocking food out of my hands? You'd bet I'd be going to Guest Services demanding they reimburse me.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dratsab View Post
    Well now you have Knowledge for your next visit, Protect Yo $^&t... You see, When the straw is taken correctly... as in You do not know it was done. That moment when you go to Take a drink and your trying to find the straw with your mouth expecting it to be there and its not.... Its a Hilarious event to watch. Just because you dont find it amusing, there are 100's of guests that will Laugh their *** off. I drink from cups without straws all the time.... I remember nights where We would take the Maps from people and then give them a Map from the previous yr. It was our version of sending the guests looking for things that Didnt exist. (VIP maze) and now Knotts actually has one.
    The way you describe it actually sounds more funny and playful. The way people were talking about it on here was like the tricksters would do it in front of people just to be rude in a "haha, you can't do nothing back" kinda way. I love the idea of giving someone a map from the year prior. That's just hilarious. But getting it right back would be nice because you have to walk ALL the way back to the front just to get another one, and if you're looking at a map, it's obvious they NEEDED it for something (I keep mine as collectibles). Taking a map with nothing to replace it is like a magician ripping your dollar and giving it back to you still ripped.

True, More knowledge in general Maps are usually available at EVERY gift shop and in years past, The park sweeper people usually have them in their Pockets....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by scotchtape View Post
    The Tricksters really are a rather mischievous bunch. However, I'm a little startled at this. The two pumpkin heads really are the bullies of the group. Is the man who was pulled from the crowd just an actor for the opening ceremony/rope drop, or was it an actual guest who was randomly pulled out? It looks like it's all in good fun, but just a little curious.

The moment happens at 5:55

I guess the pig masked character gave him a piece of candy for being a good sport at least.
    He is an actor
    Jeff Wayne

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Well, this isn't regarding the tricksters, but this is regarding to a experience that happened to a friend of mine last night (10/7/12) with the cowboy monsters near Ghost Rider carrying those gasoline containers full of balls. We just got out of Delirium and our friend was freaking out and in tears by the end of the maze. We get outside and try walking to the restroom where she would be able to calm herself down. However on our way to the restroom, she spots a couple of Cowboy monsters carrying a gasoline container walking towards her and she freaks out and tries to run away from them. Unfortunately for her the monsters see her running away and chase her into a corner. She starts balling again when she realized she had no where to go and begs them to leave her alone. The three of us that were with her at the time also asked the monsters nicely to leave her alone. However the monsters COMPLETELY ignore all of our pleas and start screaming and rattling their gasoline cans at her. At this point our friend was on the ground in the fetal position CRYING and yelling at them to stop and to go away. We were also yelling at the monsters to stop but they still continued to harass her! One of them actually stopped and left after a while, but the other one was still harassing her despite ALL of us asking him to stop. It was so out of control that one of our friends had to threaten to talk to his supervisor if he wouldn't stop. Upon hearing this, this monster goes up to my friends face with such a rude, challenging manner and says 'Do it.' In all of my years in going to Haunt, I have NEVER seen anything like that before. I can't believe an employee challenged a guest by going up to his face. We were all shocked that happened. I also have never seen a monster completely ignore multiple guests' pleas to leave somebody alone. Our friend was on the ground in the fetal position crying and this monster continued to harass her.

I understand what we got ourselves into and we were fully aware what could possibly happen. But where is the cut off point between fun and games, and harassment? When four people yell at you to stop, you need to stop especially when the person you're harassing is on the ground crying. This experience almost ruined her night. She did not want to go anywhere because she was too afraid to do anything. We talked to one of the employees that was working one of the food carts and he agreed that should not have happened and wanted to know if we wanted to speak with a supervisor. We didn't want to get anyone in trouble and decided against speaking with a supervisor, so he apologized to us on that monster's behalf.

It took a while to get our friend to calm down after that incident. We encountered other monsters while walking around Knott's, but we asked them to leave our friend alone since she was already having a horrible night. They actually obliged and very respectfully walked away. She started calming down when she realized not all monsters were jerks like the ones we encountered at the beginning of the night, and actually started having fun after a few mazes. We were all glad that incident didn't scar her and didn't ruin her night. However, we were all still really angry that happened. Knott's really needs to be vocal to their Haunt employees that there's a fine line between fun and harassment. I mean, yeah, that line will be subjective to each Haunt employee, but I think we can all agree that continuing to harass a guest who is crying in a corner on the ground in the fetal position and going up to the face of another guest and challenging them is definitely crossing the line.
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 10-08-2012 at 11:09 AM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

This reminds me of a story I have from Haunt a few years back. A friend and I were walking through the Clown maze (this was probably 06, 07 making me 16 or 17) and the park had just opened. Not all of the actors were out yet but we managed to get a few good scares in from the ones that were already in the maze.

About halfway through the maze one of the clowns started verbally attacking us. At the time, we both wore pretty tight pants and had long hair so it was known to us that we would probably get called out for how we dressed at some point. I don't remember exactly what the clown said to us but I do remember it was pretty mean. I brushed it off because that's what I do and to be honest I just wanted to get the Hell out of the maze at this point. Against my will, my friend spewed a few words back to the clown as we hurried through to the end. Now, more clowns were coming out and they all knew we were a target so not only would they pop out and scare us but they would also throw in a few little insults for the road. It was pretty awful.

I haven't had an experience like this at Haunt since, and definitely have not had anything like this at Universal or anywhere else that does this type of event. It seems like the actors at Knott's tend to have a little more freedom which is cool, but I feel like some don't know when to back off. In your case, that's what seemed to happen as well. If you had a terrible time or think something was not right I would call Knott's and let them know. It doesn't hurt to give constructive criticism every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemike
    Different people have different tolerance levels of offense. Since you refuse to say what the Trickster actually said, I don't think we can objectively say whether or not you're overreacting.

But since you felt you had to bold thirty-six words in your post to get your point across, I'm kinda leaning towards "overreaction."
    I agree with the tolerance levels, but maybe the OP doesn't feel comfortable repeating what the actor said to them. That's totally fine in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    I understand what we got ourselves into and we were fully aware what could possibly happen. But where is the cut off point between fun and games, and harassment? When four people yell at you to stop, you need to stop especially when the person you're harassing is on the ground crying. This experience almost ruined her night. She did not want to go anywhere because she was too afraid to do anything. We talked to one of the employees that was working one of the food carts and he agreed that should not have happened and wanted to know if we wanted to speak with a supervisor. We didn't want to get anyone in trouble and decided against speaking with a supervisor, so he apologized to us on that monster's behalf.
    And that was your mistake, especially after stating that you were going to do just that and were then challenged over it. He'll likely suffer no repercussions and continue to do just this.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    He is an actor
    And the reason why we know he's an actor is beacuase the Pumpkin heads and Pig head touched/grabbed him and threw him to the ground. The monsters/performers are not allowed to actually TOUCH guests.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by NGW View Post
    And that was your mistake, especially after stating that you were going to do just that and were then challenged over it. He'll likely suffer no repercussions and continue to do just this.
    Oh, I agree. I don't really understand why my friend had a change of heart. It was a pretty ugly scene that I really believed should've been taken up to a supervisor, but for whatever reason, everyone else wanted to focus on our other friend and continue on with the night.

• La Reine Lézard

OP messaged me about what happened, and let me tell you all, he isn't being unreasonable.

When race/religion is mentioned and used as a tool with the intentions to OFFEND, the line is crossed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12